“Good Sunday dinner”

Ranked #1,704 of 2,282 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Roundhay Fox offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners.
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We visited with our daughter and another couple who have three children. We all opted for the Sunday roast which was very tasty and the portions were just right. The children's menu portions seem also to be the same size as the adult ones! Good price too. Main negative is unfortunately the state of the toilets which need some attention and more regular checking and cleaning.

General Manager A, Manager at The Roundhay Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi Oliver, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Roundhay Fox. We're happy we could meet your expectations! The toilets should be fixed today just waiting on a plumber to turn up.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Good food at reasonable prices. As someone who requires a gluten free menu this was readily available. By mistake my companion was served with the wrong fishcake but when this was commented upon staff readily and speedily changed it.

General Manager A, Manager at The Roundhay Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

S K, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Apologies for the mix up of the fishcakes!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Booked online no worries. Great friendly staff mostly uni student's I had a pizza to order and got exactly what I wanted. Lovely. Missus had the Yorkshire ham and eggs. Mates had hunters chicken. Although they said it was good me thinks they were jealous of my pizza. Worth a visit. Reasonable ales.

Michael John C, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Roundhay Fox.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and i can honestly say that the fool quality is very good!
Staff are friendly attentive and like to please. Table service is excellent and lovely wining and dining experience.
It gets very very busy in the summer months but in winter then have open fire which is wonderfully cosy. A must do for anyone visiting Roundhay park and just opposite side to tropical world. Ill be happy to answer any questions needed thank you and enjoy.

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Roundhay Fox!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Really disappointed with my experience this evening. It seemed to go from mild disappointment to a shambles in very little time at all.

I booked a table this morning for me and my partner to have Sunday dinner this evening. We were really gutted to get there and find out they had sold out of Sunday dinners. Trying not let this spoil the evening and decided to stay to eat anyway (biting my lip of course as I had made the venue aware when booking we wanted Sunday dinner). The waiter explained that they had been unable to let us know because the phone he was carrying around was broke, which we accepted.

Then the joke began....when the same waiter came to take our orders he recommends the lamb because ‘he would not eat 90% of the other crap’!
I was astonished at this comment, absolutely mind blown. What an advert!!!
I wasn’t going to order the lamb but felt I had to now because, well, I didn’t want crap.

Later on when serving the table next us we could not ignore the ringing phone the same waiter was carrying around.

I now refuse to believe the phone story and while the lamb was ok, there was nowhere near enough.

Also there was pretty much a full Sunday dinner on the floor next to us

Shame really, used to be really nice

1  Thank Daniel S

Daniel S, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. It would be great to talk to you about your experience, to try and find out who served you, as the comments they made are unacceptable. Please contact me on 01132693352 to discuss this matter in more detail.

Many Thanks