“Very poor service”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We called in last night for dinner arriving just after 19.00 hrs we did not receive our meals until 19.50 after my partner went off to find a member of staff. It turned out that there was only one chef working and they were struggling with the amount of food orders, I found this funny as there were only a handful of people in the pub. When the food did arrive it was mediocre. Please note this was not the Bunthip Thai, but the pub restaurant. Not sure if we will try again.

There are newer reviews for Bingley Arms

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had a Saturday evening booking in April, we thought the food was superb, service was excellent and the setting was cosy and intimate. A most enjoyable evening. Will will be back soon!!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I will keep it simple!

The food was amazing - I had the whole sea bass and my husband had the Weeping Tiger - I can recommend both. Couldn't fault it at all.

The pub itself is the oldest in England!

The restaurant is upstairs and probably in the best part it really is nice up there - stone and chandaliers! We had a good view of the beer garden which looked very inviting for the pub customers!

The staff were great both in the Bingley Arms bar and then in the restaurant - we will definitely be going back - I hope to take my mum next time as she used to go to the Bingley Arms with my dad when they were young :)

1  Thank jeppy
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had a great night in The Bunthip Thai. Couldn't fault the food at all. Everything was well presented and tasted great! We loved the shared starter and the sizzling dishes ( I cant remember what they were really called as also sampled a fair bit of the wine!). The staff were lovely and the service was great. Will be back.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I couldn't find Bunthip Thai on trip advisor, but as it is housed in the Bingley Arms, I figured this would work.

First of all, I can't believe a new Thai restaurant opened in my area (10 minutes away) without me knowing! I found out, funnily enough, when eating at Thai Sabai in Headingly. We usually go 40 minutes to Sangthai or about 30 min to Thai Sabai. We LOVE Thai food and manage to have it about 3 times per month. This place was shortlisted by the Oliver awards for best newcomer, and for good reason!

The atmosphere- beautiful, housed upstairs in the historical Bingley Arms. Very tastefully and authentically decorated.

The food- DELICIOIS! Probably the best chicken satay we've ever had-generously seasoned and juicy. So often, Thai places get lazy with satay, and/or tend to overcook it.This was melt in your mouth flavour! I would have loved 4 pieces instead of 3 to share between the 2 of us, but that's ok! The Pad Thai was excellent- flavoured, again, the way it should be. Moist and slightly sweet-absolutely perfect in my opinion. I prefer a lime over a lemon to squeeze over the top, but that was a very minor point.We also had garlic pork-a very generous portion with lots of flavour, and the meat was nice and tender.

The "Early Bird" menu is a very good deal during the week. Starter, main and drink for £12.95

Will be back again and again, I'm sure!

1  Thank Snupy11