“Good place,good atmosphere”

Cuisines: Bar
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Good place,good atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Thought it was about time I gave a review seen as though I go often after work or sometimes before/after football. Firstly, the staff are friendly and efficient which is needed in the Leeds City Centre. The atmosphere in their is also friendly and has live football but is not tacky like other bars.Food is very good for a bar as usually bar food I find tasteless and not many options. Burgers are amazing and lots of drink choices. All in all a good, independent bar.

• Visited November 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great burger but not so great pub”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went twice on a Wowcher deal for a burger and drink. Very annoyed the first time we tried: my boyfriend rang to book a few days ahead (specifying the date and time) but was told there was no need, there would be free tables. But we turned up to find the place packed with people watching the football - something whoever had answered the phone call would have been able to anticipate - and had to go have lunch somewhere else!

We went back on football-free days. We both had the standard Monkey burger. It was absolutely huge, and delicious! I didn't think much of the onion rings, but the meat was excellent.

The pub itself lets the food down though. There were bits of food on the floor by my chair, the floor was sticky, and there was a bad smell around. And I'm not sure I like the giant painting of the monkey flicking the Vs! If the place looked a bit more welcoming, they could make a fortune off these burgers.

• Visited September 2013
“Best place in Leeds”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Sorry for the late post but my holiday was slightly more important.....having walked into the northern monkey I was treated with a nice hello welcome.
I sat and looked at the menu, my partner and I decided we were quite hungry so ordered a selection of starters.....monkey wings, potato wedges and onion rings. Unfortunately monkey wings were off so a Cajun chicken option was offered and I accepted. We also then ordered the monkey burger...well the starters arrived and I thought I had ordered double as the portion size was huge....but were absolutely amazing....then the burgers came.....I can only say if you go to wetherspoons then to the northern monkey....you will never eat wetherspoons burgers again....fresh quality burgers at there best....amazing value....shouldn't have had all the starters though as I really struggled, but did manage it just...
Ian the boss man was polite and talkative without being in your face....
I love the place and food. Thank you.

• Visited July 2013
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast in Leeds”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

for £3:50 this was a cracking breakfast to start the long day ahead, ok the barman (Mathew) not the best looking lad in the world but by JHC he can knock up a good old full English, quality sausage and bacon (fat trimmed for me) with a nice poached egg, i got just what i ordered took 20 minutes but it was cooked fresh and not deep fried like lots of places do their sausage, lager over priced but thats city centre drinking for you, im from a mining town and any lager over 2 quid is expensive to me, next time im up Leeds i will pop in and try one of the burgers (they looked nice)
thanks for making me feel welcome Mathew

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank FevRob
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best burger in Leeds”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I always visit the Monkey if I'm in Leeds, the burgers are great quality and really are amazing value. Never managed to finish one yet.

Visited August 2013