“No Pool”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey
“No Pool”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I asked for a quiet room, we were given room 227 and told the room was at the back of the hotel, so was quiet, it was far from that. The room over looks the shopping centre, the hotel is attached too. so at closing time for the restarants below there was banging around dragging tables, stacking chairs, so it really wasnt quiet. The room was enabled for a disabled guest, as both my partner and i arent disabled, we found the safty rails, alarm pulls, quite annoying as they tending to get in the way when having a shower.

The double duvet cover on the bed was ripped, it also contained a single duvet, so during the night, i found i was fighting with my partner for some cover with duvet inside. The room wasnt restocked with tea, milk, sugar, etc. So had to ask at reception several times for replenishment.

Finally, and the most annoying, when i first looked at the hotel on Trivago, i selected a swimming pool in the filter. It showed the hotel as having a pool, so we booked. I was a very disappointed when we arrived and i ask about the pool i was advised that the Virgin active in the centre behind had a pool, and it was £6.00 a day to guests. When i checked the Trivago site again, it said that there was a pool in the Esporta Health Club nearby and it was free, so the hotel need to update their details with Trivago as they dont have a pool. To be honest most towns have a sports centre that everyone can gain access to at a small fee, so really misleading by the hotel and Trivago. There are lots of hotels in Leeds at this price, with pools so i think i would recomend someone to stay there.

Room Tip: stay in another hotel in leeds if your looking for a pool, as they are much the same prce wise.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that the access to the Virgin Active Leisure facilities did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the information offered by Trivago regarding the hotel offering. I can confirm I have forwarded your comments to them to ensure the offering is reviewed.

Should you wish to stay with us again please contact me directly and we will ensure you are looked after during your stay.

Valerie Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The entrance is shared with a shopping centre, and the hotel has a shopping centre feel. Our Junior suite room 347, is actually a business class room. Massive, hard floors, a light shade missing, but totally 'cold' feeling -- yes you could hold a business meeting in there. Not a romantic weekend my wife and i expected.

No chocs and champagne on arrival, i asked 3 times. Breakfast unorganised, dirty tables

Very central - attracting the stag/hen weekenders. Brightly decorated travel lodge

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel and our reason for returning was that we had found it really convenient for shops, restaurants and museums. Our business class room provided us with everything we needed, breakfast was adequate, although we did have to ask for silly little things like small spoons in order to eat our yoghurts. The reception staff were first-class.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us, I have noted the comment regarding the teaspoons and will address this with the team.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is reasonably priced but does not lack quality. The hotel has a modern light airy lobby/bar area.The rooms are decorated to a high standard with quality furniture and fixtures.The staff are smart and courteous.The hotel is in a perfect location in the centre of Leeds-perfect for the varied shopping and nightlife.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

Warfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Couldn't fault our stay at this city centre hotel. Reception staff went out of their way to be helpful although I don't think their systems make their life easy in terms of tracking bookings and rates. I think I would have been less positive if I had paid the rack rate but getting an online deal made it feel like very good value for money. It is very well located for shopping and there is a wide choice of restaurants within very short walking distance. We had a room that straddled the bridge between the internal quadrangles and it was much larger than the room my daughter had. It was very quiet, the bed very comfortable and the room was absolutely spotless. The hair dryer has the force of an asthmatic Weasel so if, like my wife, this is important to you, take your own from home....it may help you get out to your engagement on time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

With our Best Rates Guarantee you can book any hotel at www.radissonblu.com and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web – guaranteed. If you find a lower rate within 24 hours of booking and at least 48 hours prior to your arrival date, submit a claim and we will honor the lower rate and discount it by 25% alternatively contact our reservations team direct.

Brighton
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Room was spacious with lots of storage room. Food portions were small and service was very slow. Breakfast was cold despite being on a hot plate, and you has to ask two or three times to get coffee or tea for breakfast. Staff very slow in clearing tables, and re-laying. Air con in room didn't work, light were intermittent, and didn't work all the time. Nice location though.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am disappointed to read your recent experience with us. I would be keen to establish more details from you to be able to investigate this further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly valerie.stewart@radisson.blu.com or 0113 237 6007.

Kind Regards
aldosmyhero
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Really can't find much to complaint about with regard this hotel.

Ideal location to shops, galleries and restaurants. I suppose that is one of few down sides. You are very close to several key night clubs, pubs were party goers start and finish there night. There was quite a lot of noise up until about 3-4am.

Can't really complain about how clean the hotel is or how we were treated. Nothing was to much trouble to the staff.

Breakfast was a fantastic spread and with the added advantage should you want it of being served until midday on a Sunday.

Only other small gripes are that the pillows were far to soft, although that is very much personal taste and not so much a gripe. However, as someone else has already mentioned, duvets could do with being a little bigger.

Also, problem with door cards not swiping properly from time to time. My tip would be ask for 2 at the time of checking in because you need to use one to make the lift work and if you have one that doesn't work then you can't get out the lift until somebody comes along and presses the button on the outside.

But for these small gripes, I would have given this a 5* rating.

One thing I would recommend is having a cocktail/pint in the hotel bar after a busy day shopping/going round museums. Most hotels charge a premium, but here I found it more than reasonable and very relaxing. You also get a courtesy bowl of nuts.

Will certainly be back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ideally get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to make your next booking and we will be happy to add to your profile a request for firmer pillows.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com