“Amazing”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Arrived at hotel to discover there had been a mix up with our booking, not a problem, if we would wait a little while they would up grade us to business class. Got the best suite in the hotel, the presidential suite which was amazing, very spacious, everything you could want in room and bathroom and more, even offered breakfast in bed. Declined that and went down for breakfast which was really good. The beds and pillows are so comfortable, just wanted to bring them home with me. After a really bad time trying to get a meal in leeds and even walking out of one place after the meal was served, we headed back to the raddison and had the soup, sandwich and chips deal for £10 and a few drinks, again this was really good, but the staff were so helpful and friendly that it just made the whole stay such a lovely experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team were able to surprise and delight you. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Bedroom was inward facing resulting in a quiet undisturbed sleep, was very practical and well serviced for my needs. The only complaint is can be stuffy but this in part down to personal choices and setting the air con correctly.
Breakfast was good with great selection and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I booked an executive room for Saturday night. When we got to the room , it was not an exec room I don't think. There was no bathrobes, slippers or coffee machine as promised in these rooms, nor any free in house movies! I went to reception and they were adamant it was and said they would look into it. Shortly after a maid came with the robes, slippers and a battered old coffee machine, reception then said they would take some of the bill off and promised a bottle of wine to compensate. I had to go again to get the wine as they 'forgot'. The bill was never reduced and the tv hardly worked, let alone any movies!! We popped out for tea and when we came back, noticed they had stuck an exec sign outside our room....very odd
The breakfast was good but I wish I had booked a different hotel as there are far better for less money in Leeds

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay and would welcome the opportunity to discuss the points you have raised further with you. My direct contact number is 0113 236 600.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here as it was close to the O2 - (3 min walk) (Placebo of course)
We were mum dad and teenage son.
We parked in "the light" - the hotel was easily found and the entrance is inside "the light" shopping center. A warm welcome from reception, our room was lovely and spotless it had everything we needed. The bed was soo comfy i tried to figure out how i could "nick it" (bedding and all) but i couldn't figure out how to get it down the corridor into the lift and out of the hotel without being rumbled !!!!
Breakfast was plentiful (no vegi sausages but loads for vegi`s really) coffee and tea were excellent. The hotel lobby is a lovely place to sit and watch the world buzz by - i met my cousin and we enjoyed a late lunch from an interesting menu. the Hotel is one of the best places i have stayed. We ate out twice whilst visiting Leeds - for Chinese we had a fantastic meal at the "red chilli" - very near i could see the place from my hotel window. For an Indian we ate at " Akbar" this was just down the road approx 6 min walk. We had a lovely two days in Leeds I did not want to go home.
(one negative ) ,,, I checked before i booked - the swimming pool is off limits to under 18`s as its in a posh health club in the mall - i do believe there is a charge of £6 per person per visit - complimentary to business class - its a walk away up an elevator - bit of a chilly trek (i would imagine) in the colder months.

Room Tip: business class was excellent and did not cost much more than a standard room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and have made particular mention to our excellent staff and the quality of the beds.

On your next visit I would like to invite you to try our restaurant, “The Lounge Restaurant & Bar” as I believe this could rival other restaurants surrounding the hotel with our new and exciting menu.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is not as good as other Radisson Blu hotels I have stayed at but it is OK and is in a great central location, about 5 mins walk from the train station.

The check in was quite slow. I told the lady who checked us in both of our names, she clearly didn't listen. She asked my name again then said I wasn't booked in just because the booking was under my colleagues name (I had told her my colleagues name in the first place). When checked in she handed me the key to my room but didn't even tell me what number it was or point me in the direction of the lifts! She didn't tell us what time breakfast was, when the gym was open etc.

You have to pay £6 for the gym/pool which I haven't experienced before. At most other hotels in a similar price bracket the leisure facilities are complimentary, including at another Radisson Blu I have stayed at.

The room (standard) had nice decor, great big pillows, clean sheets, good toiletries and plenty of space. It was nice and quiet too as the windows overlooked an indoor courtyard area. However, the TV was awkward to get working and it cut out half way through a program. There were not enough plugs in the room for phone chargers etc (one spare). The bathroom was clean but when I was looking for a plug socket I moved a bedside table and it was really dusty behind.

We ate in the restaurant quite late at night. The food and service was excellent, they had a good vegetarian selection, and the prices were not too bad compared to at other hotels. The breakfast was slightly better than average too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the quality and service in our restaurant and found the rooms of a good standard. However I would like to apologise for the service that was received at check in. This is not up to our usual high standards, and I have passed on your comments to our Front Office Manager to resolve these issues with the team to ensure you this does not happen again.

I hope that on your next visit we can match the standard of other Radisson Blu Hotels that you have stayed at.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is very central ideal for shopping ,bars all well within a short walking distance .
Only had a one night stay in a business room spotlessly clean tidy, lovely bed ,good shower.
only problem was the free view on the tv kept freezing or going off which was a pain .
Breakfast was very nice wide variety of foods .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the rooms and hotel location fantastic.

In regards to your comment about the TV issues, I have spoken with the maintenance team, and these problems have been looked into and been resolved.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stopped off at this hotel, breaking our journey from the south east of England to Scotland and we were so glad we did. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean; the public areas were bright, airy and stylish; but best of all were the staff who, without exception, were friendly, efficient and courteous. Special mention to Mark on reception who couldn't have been more helpful - a real star.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple