“Location, location Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scotland
“Location, location Location”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We spent this past Friday and Saturday night at the hotel visiting our daughters, son in law and grandson, fab value package that included breakfast. We got a taxi from the railway station, which was a waste as we were no more than five minutes walk away (out the main entrance, cross the main road towards City Square then up Park Row) The taxi took longer due to the one way system and traffic.
Check in was very professional and pleasant (Thank you Dan) He also included a map, and run down on the surrounding area....The German market, Trinity Shopping Centre, The Core, Victoria Quarter (all shops,) within 3 minutes walk, Call Lane (pubs) was ten minutes walk away. Park Row and the light centre were a stones throw, (Restaurants) virtually next door. The hotel is very central.
The first room we had was very spacious and well appointed, this was where we had a problem, It faced onto Cookridge Street, There was a street fair here, we did enquire when it finished, 9.30pm, we thought fine, but although the fair stopped, the noise of weekend revellers increased greatly as the night wore on, Finally went quiet, just after five am. (Now we know with a city centre hotel you expect some noise, but this was way way to much, at points I thought the revellers were in the room with us. (This was due to the poor secondary glazing)) Next morning I went to reception and asked for another room, with they obliged . New room was a wee bit smaller (disappointing) but a least we got a good nights sleep, (Actually we didn't get an apology, every one was very nice but we did end up with a smaller room, so this could have been better. )
Everything else with the hotel was excellent, staff, bar, reception (esp Dan) Breakfast no complaints.
With family now located in the area, we will be back in Leeds, and wouldn't hesitate in returning to the Radison Blu

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the light centre, a lot quieter.
2 Thank Throast659
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 11 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again when you next come to Leeds to visit your family.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here for the weekend just for one night, il start with the good points first.
the hotel is in a great location right in the city centre,you have all bars restaurants on your door step,the check in staff were very helpfull and friendly. the breakfast has plenty of choices for everyone like full english and you can just help yourself as its buffet style or just cereals and toast there is also a selection of fruits and a continental selection.the hotel is very clean tidy and stylish its decor.
the room that we were given was a double room as we were traveling as a couple,it was a little on the small side, but it was clean and tidy,it was a inland room which had windows in, that looked out into a seating area within the hotel (no outside view).
the unpleasant night that we had was because the room was so HOT,there was a aircon unit in the room but that didnt make one bit of difference,it was very unbearable,the only way we could cool down was to keep taking cold showers it was that bad,but that only helped for a few mins. we could not even open any of the windows because they had no handles on, which must be a health and safety issue!!!
in the bathroom the sink was blocked,the following day we mentioned about the unbearable heat in the room to a cleaning lady,she came to see if we had the aircon unit set on cold and it was but she also said it is a ongoing problem with these type of rooms!!!!!!!!!we also told her about the blocked sink she said that it had been reported before! so why was this not fixed before anyone stayed in the room?????
so overall it did spoil the weekend because we didnt get any sleep which was a shame as the beds were very comfy,just the unbearable heat,coudnt wait to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank rachael l
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your comments were not handled or actioned upon during your stay.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on 0113 236 6007 or via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Single night stay on business. Well located on the Headrow. Generous room size, appropriate standard for price. Decent breakfast, but changing the Muzak from relaxing cool jazz rhythms to something noisier at half seven was a bit cruel. Group size prevented top rated Park Chambers, my usual preference here, on this occasion, but this is a good alternative.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TonyCherry

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Long Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A really good hotel.I have never known an hotel room that is so so quiet,especially for a busy city.The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were like clouds.The breakfast was really good,lots of choices.I would certainly choose this hotel again.Forgot to say that all the staff we came into contact with were very pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: Choose room 302 .So quiet
1 Thank SueN9821QV

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I will ensure you great comments regarding the staff are shared with them all. Many thanks!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Me and my fiance stayed here on 23 November and we was really pleased with what we got great service great location and rooms was really tidy couldn't fault the place would recommend this place its fantastic will stay there all time I visit Leeds well worth every penny thank-you staff for everything and making my fiance stay the more better one last thing the pictures don't do the place any justice please book and try x

• Stayed November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We have also got a photographer booked to update the imagery ... this should be live in a couple of months.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here 23rd nov for my 21st, a group of four of u went, we both booked a double room ours was a twin for some reason they had got it wrong, was told as we booked third party they had done the booking wrong, the other couples room was a double and a lot better then ours but we didnt mind, we all found the staff extremely polite and very helpful, breakfast was very nice and is in an excellent location would definatly recomend this place and would stay again but in double room, also advise to visit red hot restraunt just around the corner!!

• Stayed November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and please do not hesitate to book direct to ensure all preferences are noted on your profile. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Manchester/London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Initial impression was good with friendly staff and a beautiful spotless room full of every amenity you'd need (although they forgot the hand soap).
Room service was good, and they even gave me a complimentary dessert when the one I requested wasn't available.
The bed was comfy and the service impeccable.

HOWEVER....
- The room I was in had an internal window on to The Light entertainment complex. These windows are not soundproof but when I heard a few people shouting at about 11pm I didn't think much of it. However, when I was woken up after midnight by staff in the restaurants clearing tables and chairs (it sounded like a building site), I realised it was going to be a problem and probably got about 3 hours sleep in total. They couldn't move to another room due to the hotel being full, but the staff did make it up to me upon check out, so I cannot fault the way I was treated, but it's just a bit of a silly design not to have soundproofing when the hotel rooms look out on an extremely echoey building that is open until the early hours. My biggest factor when judging a hotel is sleepability - hence why this gets a 3 rather than a 4.

The breakfast was also a bit underwhelming and the service was a bit shoddy. Would like to have seen a better selection of eggs and fruit and some decent coffee, as well as a more attentive staff - I had to get up and ask one of them for my hot drink rather than them coming to my table.

Room Tip: Just ask for one with a walk in shower that does not overlook The Light.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologise for the disturbance caused from the noise in the surrounding restaurants. Please ensure that you contact the hotel direct to ensure a request for a quiet room is added when you make your reservation and we will try to accommodate this whenever we can.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast and have raised these with the breakfast team who have since conducted a refresher training with the team.

I am pleased to see that our new beds provided comfort and that the service you received was of a good standard.

Please do not hesitate to contact the reservations direct leeds.reservations@radissonblu.com to ensure your requests are added to your profile.