“Pleasantly surprised”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I've only stayed in a Radisson once before and wasn't particularly impressed, so this was a very pleasant surprise. I stayed two separate nights for concerts at the Town Hall, which is only two minutes walk away. On the first occasion I had a sixth-floor room in art-deco style; on the second I was on the fourth floor in a contemporary/business style room. I thought both rooms were extremely stylish and well-equipped; bathrooms were excellent in both cases. Reception staff were very pleasant and professional, a big contrast from what I experienced at the Manchester Airport Radisson. The location is, of course, excellent for all the attractions of Leeds city centre.

Room Tip: Both rooms (4th/6th floors) were superbly quiet..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here and I hope that it has restored your faith in the Radisson brand.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I will ensure your great comments regarding the staff are shared with them all. Many thanks!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Fabulous hotel, fab location rooms very spacious and a breakfast to set you up fo the whole day, desk staff excellent could not ask for better "thanks to all concerned,the hotel is located in the shopping area and very convenient

Room Tip: Spa not available to under 16 so we could not use as we hd young family with us, it would have been...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your weekend with us. I will pass on your kind comments to the reception staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, it was very central and right next to the xmas market but far away enough not to hear it, however right outside the front (and our window) was a fair! Dodgems, rides, hook a duck, that kind of thing! Our room overlooked the front and was very noisy! We had booked a suite as we often do when we go away and when we got to our room we went back down as we thought we'd been put in the wrong room. It didn't appear to be a suite. We were assured it as which seemed amazing really. The bathroom is absolutely no different to what you'd get in a Travel Inn, same size, same standard which you dont expect in a suite. The room was small for a suite, I would say half the size of the next smallest one we've stayed in and a similar size to a standard room at a Holiday Inn.

On a positive note the bed was incredibly comfortable its just a shame we still couldn't sleep because of the noise below from the fair and then from party goers until the early hours. Breakfast was also pretty good and there was a good choice.

We ordered room service in the evening and it took a very long time! There are lots of places to eat near this hotel, right on your doorstep and it's around 3 or 4 minutes by foot to the main shopping area.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a suite and ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologise for the disturbance caused from the temporary weekend fair organised by Leeds city council, which I understood was to end at 10pm. Should this not to have been the case please let me know and I will ensure this is communicated back to the city council. I understand that this combined with city centre festive goers can cause disturbance. As you suggested I recommend that you make a request for a quiet room at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate this whenever we can.

All of our rooms are of a different shape and design due to being a historic building and can be one of our three designs, art deco, Italian or hi-tech. A request can be added to your profile should you have a preferred choice.

I am pleased to see that our new beds provided comfort and that you enjoyed the super buffet breakfast.

Please do not hesitate to contact the reservations direct leeds.reservations@radissonblu.com to ensure your requests are added to your profile.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The worst events catering I've ever experienced. We went for a works Christmas meal: for £30 a head there was a selection of dry meat and ice cold gravy, what appeared to be a carrot paste spring roll, cauliflower and sweetcorn deep fried something and some cheap micro-pudding with accompanying bowl of dry ice. The dry ice 'special effect' looked to be by far the tastiest thing there.
Add to this a murky lower ground floor setting, a bar specialising in red wine vinegar and absolutely no service and you've got a real night to remember/ obtain counseling about.
Dreadful.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your Christmas event. I am disappointed to read your review as we have contacted all organisers who have provided positive feedback on the Christmas events.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on 0113 236 6007 or via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We have just come back from a Friday/Saturday night break to Leeds, staying at the Radisson Blu. I got a really good deal on a business class room as I booked about 9 months out. The hotel is in a fantastic central location, 5 mins walk from railway, grand theatre with shops, restaurants and bars on the doorstep. Our room was lovely it looked out into The Light complex, but this meant it was quiet through the night. Breakfast was also lovely with everything you could ask for, the breakfast times are also really convenient running from 7-11 on Saturday and 7-12 on Sunday, so no need to rush about. All of the staff we came across were very friendly and helpful, the hotel also offers a late check out up to 6pm if your room is not required earlier, this is free also. Overall an excellent hotel in a superb location would definitely recommend and book again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We spent this past Friday and Saturday night at the hotel visiting our daughters, son in law and grandson, fab value package that included breakfast. We got a taxi from the railway station, which was a waste as we were no more than five minutes walk away (out the main entrance, cross the main road towards City Square then up Park Row) The taxi took longer due to the one way system and traffic.
Check in was very professional and pleasant (Thank you Dan) He also included a map, and run down on the surrounding area....The German market, Trinity Shopping Centre, The Core, Victoria Quarter (all shops,) within 3 minutes walk, Call Lane (pubs) was ten minutes walk away. Park Row and the light centre were a stones throw, (Restaurants) virtually next door. The hotel is very central.
The first room we had was very spacious and well appointed, this was where we had a problem, It faced onto Cookridge Street, There was a street fair here, we did enquire when it finished, 9.30pm, we thought fine, but although the fair stopped, the noise of weekend revellers increased greatly as the night wore on, Finally went quiet, just after five am. (Now we know with a city centre hotel you expect some noise, but this was way way to much, at points I thought the revellers were in the room with us. (This was due to the poor secondary glazing)) Next morning I went to reception and asked for another room, with they obliged . New room was a wee bit smaller (disappointing) but a least we got a good nights sleep, (Actually we didn't get an apology, every one was very nice but we did end up with a smaller room, so this could have been better. )
Everything else with the hotel was excellent, staff, bar, reception (esp Dan) Breakfast no complaints.
With family now located in the area, we will be back in Leeds, and wouldn't hesitate in returning to the Radison Blu

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the light centre, a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Throast659

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again when you next come to Leeds to visit your family.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here for the weekend just for one night, il start with the good points first.
the hotel is in a great location right in the city centre,you have all bars restaurants on your door step,the check in staff were very helpfull and friendly. the breakfast has plenty of choices for everyone like full english and you can just help yourself as its buffet style or just cereals and toast there is also a selection of fruits and a continental selection.the hotel is very clean tidy and stylish its decor.
the room that we were given was a double room as we were traveling as a couple,it was a little on the small side, but it was clean and tidy,it was a inland room which had windows in, that looked out into a seating area within the hotel (no outside view).
the unpleasant night that we had was because the room was so HOT,there was a aircon unit in the room but that didnt make one bit of difference,it was very unbearable,the only way we could cool down was to keep taking cold showers it was that bad,but that only helped for a few mins. we could not even open any of the windows because they had no handles on, which must be a health and safety issue!!!
in the bathroom the sink was blocked,the following day we mentioned about the unbearable heat in the room to a cleaning lady,she came to see if we had the aircon unit set on cold and it was but she also said it is a ongoing problem with these type of rooms!!!!!!!!!we also told her about the blocked sink she said that it had been reported before! so why was this not fixed before anyone stayed in the room?????
so overall it did spoil the weekend because we didnt get any sleep which was a shame as the beds were very comfy,just the unbearable heat,coudnt wait to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachael l

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your comments were not handled or actioned upon during your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.