“Absolutely disgusted.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We arrived here to drop our bags off on Sunday 15th December at 11am. We were advised check in was from 2pm. We arrived back at the hotel at 3pm to be told that our room wasnt ready. Not impressed but fair enough give them 20 mins to sort it out. We waited 20 mins, went back over to check in to be told that they hadn't even phoned through to the cleaning staff yet to check if a room was ready. We'd been sat in the lobby for 20 minutes! Was extremely annoyed. Whilst the Manager was trying to calm us down, a receptionist came over to tell us that the room was ready. We went up the room. 5 minutes later a knock on the door. A bottle of wine, 4 chocolates with a compliment slip with an apology from the front desk staff for the mix up. However, this morning my Mum received a text from her friend asking if we'd enjoyed our wine and chocolates!!!!!!!!!!! My Mums friend had paid for the bottle of wine and chocolates (we checked the money HAS come out of her bank) and this hotel has passed it off as an apology for their mess up!!!!!!!!!! I am absolutely fuming and will be putting in a formal complaint. To add to this, the room was sub-standard. The curtain was hanging off at one end, the bed linen was scruffy and it wasn't clean enough. I will never be staying at this hotel again. For them to pass the wine and chocolates off as an apology from them when someone else has paid for it is absolutely disgusting.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank localgirl030780
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I apologise for the wait with your room on Sunday and the manner in which it was handled. There was cross wires with the service staff who delivered the wine and chocolates to your room from you friend as I had also requested a VIP amenity to be sent to you both as an apology for the delay on check in with an apology card. I would like to assure you that by any means would we use your friend’s gift on our behalf.

I have since spoken with your friend to explain the situation and apologise, this was a clear lack of commination from our side on both parts and I trust you will be satisfied with the compensation I have agreed with your mother.

Once again I would like to apologise for the dissapointment caused on your recent stay and look forward to welcoming your mother and her guest back to the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was my third stay at the Radisson in Leeds to attend a concert in the Town Hall. I initially picked this hotel because of location- a stone's throw away from the venue- but would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay for any purpose in Leeds.
I was given a room, on the second floor on my request, which faced onto Cookridge Street and although there was a Christmas market and fair there it was hardly audible from my room and everything was packed away when I returned about 9.20pm from the concert.
The reception staff- each and everyone- were very very friendly and helpful, absolutely first class. I was asked- because of the fair- if I wanted to change room location- I didn't- after all it is Christmas and it was good to see children and adults enjoying themselves. I had a speedy checkout and a taxi was ordered and I was accompanied to it, my luggage carried, to a waiting vehicle,just outside St Anne's. The gentleman who drove me in an Apollo Taxi was so nice and even pointed out various landmarks in the city en route to a country person from out in the sticks!
I look forward to returning in 2014 but wish all the staff a very Happy Christmas and a successful 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay and I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Christmas shopping in Leeds and a treat by staying over.Definitely chose the best hotel.Only one fault, there were plenty of mirrors but no socket near any of them, we had to ask for an extension reel... not very well designed. Breakfast was the best we have ever had!

Room Tip: standard room sixth floor on the corner...huge and lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit I would welcome you call the hotel directly on 0113 236 6000 and we will ensure that you get a room with plugs next to the mirrors to make your stay more comfortable for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I've only stayed in a Radisson once before and wasn't particularly impressed, so this was a very pleasant surprise. I stayed two separate nights for concerts at the Town Hall, which is only two minutes walk away. On the first occasion I had a sixth-floor room in art-deco style; on the second I was on the fourth floor in a contemporary/business style room. I thought both rooms were extremely stylish and well-equipped; bathrooms were excellent in both cases. Reception staff were very pleasant and professional, a big contrast from what I experienced at the Manchester Airport Radisson. The location is, of course, excellent for all the attractions of Leeds city centre.

Room Tip: Both rooms (4th/6th floors) were superbly quiet..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here and I hope that it has restored your faith in the Radisson brand.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I will ensure your great comments regarding the staff are shared with them all. Many thanks!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Fabulous hotel, fab location rooms very spacious and a breakfast to set you up fo the whole day, desk staff excellent could not ask for better "thanks to all concerned,the hotel is located in the shopping area and very convenient

Room Tip: Spa not available to under 16 so we could not use as we hd young family with us, it would have been...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your weekend with us. I will pass on your kind comments to the reception staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, it was very central and right next to the xmas market but far away enough not to hear it, however right outside the front (and our window) was a fair! Dodgems, rides, hook a duck, that kind of thing! Our room overlooked the front and was very noisy! We had booked a suite as we often do when we go away and when we got to our room we went back down as we thought we'd been put in the wrong room. It didn't appear to be a suite. We were assured it as which seemed amazing really. The bathroom is absolutely no different to what you'd get in a Travel Inn, same size, same standard which you dont expect in a suite. The room was small for a suite, I would say half the size of the next smallest one we've stayed in and a similar size to a standard room at a Holiday Inn.

On a positive note the bed was incredibly comfortable its just a shame we still couldn't sleep because of the noise below from the fair and then from party goers until the early hours. Breakfast was also pretty good and there was a good choice.

We ordered room service in the evening and it took a very long time! There are lots of places to eat near this hotel, right on your doorstep and it's around 3 or 4 minutes by foot to the main shopping area.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a suite and ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologise for the disturbance caused from the temporary weekend fair organised by Leeds city council, which I understood was to end at 10pm. Should this not to have been the case please let me know and I will ensure this is communicated back to the city council. I understand that this combined with city centre festive goers can cause disturbance. As you suggested I recommend that you make a request for a quiet room at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate this whenever we can.

All of our rooms are of a different shape and design due to being a historic building and can be one of our three designs, art deco, Italian or hi-tech. A request can be added to your profile should you have a preferred choice.

I am pleased to see that our new beds provided comfort and that you enjoyed the super buffet breakfast.

Please do not hesitate to contact the reservations direct leeds.reservations@radissonblu.com to ensure your requests are added to your profile.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The worst events catering I've ever experienced. We went for a works Christmas meal: for £30 a head there was a selection of dry meat and ice cold gravy, what appeared to be a carrot paste spring roll, cauliflower and sweetcorn deep fried something and some cheap micro-pudding with accompanying bowl of dry ice. The dry ice 'special effect' looked to be by far the tastiest thing there.
Add to this a murky lower ground floor setting, a bar specialising in red wine vinegar and absolutely no service and you've got a real night to remember/ obtain counseling about.
Dreadful.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your Christmas event. I am disappointed to read your review as we have contacted all organisers who have provided positive feedback on the Christmas events.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on 0113 236 6007 or via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.