“First Class”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed in the Presidential Suite which was lovely. Check in staff were excellent. And a fantastic breakfast the following morning.
A good clean,efficient and well run hotel with a real sense of history.
(Tip: Ask for the Sat Nav postcode as opposed to the postal postcode, otherwise your satnav will struggle to find the hotel !)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

I will ensure you great comments regarding the staff are shared with them all. Many thanks!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was my first trip to Leeds for many years and could not have chosen a better hotel which has a lot of character and is extremely well located for shops and resutaurants. We stayed on the 3rd floor and room was great. The night porter was also very helpful in serving us a late night coffee when the bar was closed. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed a few times now and never had bad stay. Location is perfect for business users with wide range of places to eat and drink.... Only downside is the need to pay an additional charge to use the gym, when already paying over £100 for room.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Cwc1973
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

emailed this hotel now 3 times for a price request - even addressing it personally to valerie, then the manager, and then a general one to anyone who could be bothered to answer- still waiting for a response nearly 4 weeks later. Poor customer service, will be booking the chambers instead - they emailed me back within minutes!!

Room Tip: never found out lol
Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. I am really sorry that you did not have a response to your email. I have spoken with reservations and they have ensured me that all the emails they have received have been responded to. I can only imagine that you possibly have the wrong email address for us.

For any future reservations please contact us on 0113 236 6000 or email reception.leeds@radissonblu.com.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Excellent location in same venue as cinemas and restaurants; it has smoking rooms which is rare and essential for me; but it isn't cheap. Problems with computers at check-in meant a queue built and it took some time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds. I would like to apologise for the delay with the check in due to the technical issues.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We spent two nights here, and found the hotel to be conveniently located (close to the Leeds Town Hall in the Headrow). It is a modern hotel inside a 1930s building that used to be the HQ of the Leeds Permanent Building Society. Its modern feel blends intriguingly with the distinctly 'Art Deco' furnishings, fittings and décor.

We had a pleasant room on the fifth floor, for which it has to be said we had a couple of small criticisms. Firstly, either the beds are too big, or the duvets are too small! I think we should settle for the latter. Sharing a bed on which the edge of the duvet only just reaches the edge of the bed, i.e., with no hang-over, leads to some problems. Secondly, on our second night we found the bedroom rather cold, and we couldn't get the central heating/cooling system to made any improvement. Having said that, I should emphasise that when we mentioned this to Reception, an additional free-standing heater was provided, and our problem was solved.

The breakfast self-service bar was good enough, and my usual bleat about cold plates could not be made here. I had one reasonable "full English" and one "Continental". I drew attention to some unsavoury looking limp and yellow salad stuff on one plate, and again, in fairness I have to report that it was promptly replaced by something more appealing. But it should have been replaced before someone had to draw attention to it.

We obtained good food snacks and drinks in the comfortable lounge bar. All the staff, from Reception to dining area and lounge bar, were exceptionally friendly and attentive.

I think we had good value for the money we paid, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the high quality of our rooms.

I will look into the issues with the bedding with our housekeeping department and make sure that these problems are rectified. I am glad that any issues that you had during your stay were resolved quickly by our attentive staff and I will ensure that your kind comments are passed onto them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Booked a business class room for one night. Room fine if a little tatty round the edges specifically the carpet. Kingsize bed comfortable. Bathroom in need of a refurbish. There's an espresso coffee maker in the room and an empty fridge. Toiletries are usual Radisson but why no cotton wool pads and ear thingies? Bathrobes had certainly seen better days, really tatty. We stayed on the fifth floor which unfortunately has small windows that you can't open and there's no view as the windows are surrounded by decorative pillars. The room was freezing when we got there around 4.30 but boiling the next morning.
It was very noisy in the room from the people in the room above, quite funny really before we went out but not when they came back at 1 in the morning.
With business class you get free breakfast in bed which we took advantage of, it was on time and there was stacks of food. The cooked food though was luke warm and not particularly appetising, last nights spuds nuked in the microwave anyone?
We've stayed at several hotels in Leeds, the only thing that we really liked was the location. Won't be returning though. Oh if you do stay upgrades are £20 from Business Class to suite but we didn't bother, maybe we should have.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 547 - see comments above.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reebi
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were happy with the comfort of our beds, however disappointed that the breakfast was not up to its usual high standards. I will ensure that this is looked into with the team.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms. I can confirm that a refurbishment is under discussion within the company and I hope to be able to share the plans once approved.

Please accept my apologies about the room temperature not being satisfactory. I will ensure that the maintenance team look into the problem immediately.

I would hope that you would allow us the opportunity to restore your faith and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.