“Very good until...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Very good until...”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night for my leaving do. The hotel is centrally located to shops, restaurants, and bars. It is situated above a multi-story car park which is secure but pricey. The hotel does give a small discount for the parking.

The hotel itself is everything I expected. It was clean, well equipped and comfortable. The walk in shower was powerful, which is an absolute must for hotel showers. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful with some details.

My only complaint is the room was ludicrously stuffy. It was almost impossible to sleep, despite being heavily intoxicated. The air con made absolutely no difference to the air flow. I eventually decided to prop open the door for a while. As petty as this sounds, it's enough to put me off staying again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were happy hotel overall, however disappointed that the heating was not working in your room. I will ensure that this is resolved by the maintenance team.

I would hope that you would allow us the opportunity to restore your faith and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Valerie Donaldson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Spacious room 337. Clean, very comfy bed and pillows. Room looked abit tired. Very convenient location. Great breakfast in Browns which is adjoining the hotel.

Cups for tea and coffee where in a strange glass cabinet! Tv kept turning itself on and advertising The Radisson change!! Nice toiletries in the bathroom. Would stay again when in Leeds as was quiet through the night.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read you had a great time in Leeds and were happy with the hotels location.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea with my Mum and Sister. My sister had told them in advance that it was my mums birthday and they were so kind and put a balloon, card and a small box of chocolates on the table which was ever so thoughtful. Afternoon tea consisted of salmon and cream cheese/cucumber and cream tea and egg mayo sandwiches. Followed by 3 mini deserts which were fruit scones/chocolate pudding and lemon cheese cake. And of course a pot of tea. Was very good and staff were very polite and helpful.

Stayed March 2014
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to our hotel.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon birthday tea here at the Radisson Blu Leeds, and that we were able to provide something special that impressed your group.

I will pass your kind comments onto the team, as I am sure they will be delighted!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

(I'm receptionist staff of Radisson Blu Farnham Estate, Cavan - Ireland)

Myself and my 3 brothers stayed here for a weekend back in January and all I can say is wow, great place. Mark the receptionist looked after us our whole stay. What a gentleman and a fantastic asset to the team. We arrived on a plane from Dublin and Mark stored our bags for a few hours as our rooms wern't ready at 10am which is understandable. We then checked in at around 2pm.

Rooms were spotless and top class.

Breakfast was the nicest breakfast I have EVER had.

Bar had football on Sunday morning and good beer from the taps.

Location is SPOT ON. Right beside Trinity Shopping center.

We travel to Leeds every year from Ireland and this is our new hotel now, we'll be over every January if not MORE!!! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments get passed onto the team, as I am sure they will be delighted!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

selby
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Although this hotel is a good base for the city centre the pool facilities are classed as an extra. Price paid for 1 nights stay 2 people Breakfast included was £86.75. Hotel was clean and fresh looking but lacking in the usual Radissons Luxury I felt. Nice touch in room is the ironing board as no matter how careful you are clothes get creased. The breakfast was good and the price we paid I felt was good value but if I had paid the £13 each then it would be cheaper to go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for one night as visiting son at Uni, chose this hotel as his accommodation was only a few mins walk away and it is also close to the shops etc.
No stranger to Radisson but not sure about this one.Location is good but the Car Parking in the multi storey under the Mall is not particularly well signed into or inside and at £13.50 for hotel guests is fairly steep.
Entrance to Hotel quite attractive with a large bar area.Was allocated a small and nicely styled but very bijou room on 2nd floor initially ( I was a single traveller) but which overlooked the interior of the Mall (The Light) and straight into the Zizzi Restaurant which at 6pm was in full motion.
The whole thing felt very claustrophobic but upon request i was given a higher room
facing a side street which was ok but a weird shape and the bed faced the bathroom door which was etched glass so one had to always turn the lights off or they shone directly onto the bed.
This room was quite cool after the first one but the air-con kicked in without problem.

There were a couple of housekeeping issues i noticed which irritated me as Housekeeping is my field but i will message the Hotel direct as not serious. Was left thinking that perhaps i should have stayed where i was?

Enjoyed a drink in the bar whilst waiting for my son which was not too overpriced and the staff pleasant enough.The bar food being delivered to others looked enticing.
In the morning ( yes the pillows are very soft but fine for me) the breakfast was alright, though nothing special and they don't do filter type coffee, odd. However a waitress did produce something akin which was very strong, luckily i like strong .

My request for a Blackberry type charger as left mine at home could not be met by the front desk or indeed anywhere else but a lovely young waitress in the breakfast area found a suitable connector that i believe was her personal one, most impressive customer service there.

Late checkout is a bonus as popped to the shops early and came back for a mid morning coffee before heading back to the car which could be parked for up to 24 hrs for the price.

Overall, fairly pricey for what you get but the location helps and there a good chance i may stay here again.

Room Tip: higher the better and say if yo don't like inward facing rooms at check-in
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were happy with the service that our staff provided, however would like to discuss your comments regarding the housekeeping issues that you had experienced during your stay to ensure that any problems are rectified. If you do have the time, I would be very grateful if you could email me directly at: valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds and I look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for one night in February. Great room, modern decor, well equipped , very clean and comfy bed . Good breakfast choice, friendly staff, great location and will definitely return for a longer stay. Joanie D . Newcastle.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely