“Great hotel, central location”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yorkshire
“Great hotel, central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel last Saturday with our two children. We all shared a Business class room which was huge, even with the children's beds set up. The bathroom was spacious and equipped with lovely toiletries and the dressing area was huge with very good quality furniture. The room had everything we required and more, robes, slippers, fridge/mini bar, safe, trouser press, Nespresso machine, kettle, desk, FREE WIFI etc, the children were even able to watch Sky TV! Everything was very clean and well decorated and the beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed a drink in the bar and the open fire-pit was perfect for an evening in early March! Breakfast was excellent with a great selection of hot and cold choices. Can't fault this hotel and will certainly return!

Room Tip: Choose a Business class room if you can
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely
Valerie Donaldson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
birmingham UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very impressed with our overnight stay at the Radisson Blu. Perfect location just a short stroll from the station, the theatre and the shops and the room was lovely - quiet, nicely kitted out and a super comfy bed for a great nights sleep. Fabulous breakfast set us up for a long journey!
All the staff were a delight....slickly efficient but also warm and friendly.
For the location and levels of comfort and service, the price was great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments get passed onto the team, as I am sure they will be delighted!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night for my leaving do. The hotel is centrally located to shops, restaurants, and bars. It is situated above a multi-story car park which is secure but pricey. The hotel does give a small discount for the parking.

The hotel itself is everything I expected. It was clean, well equipped and comfortable. The walk in shower was powerful, which is an absolute must for hotel showers. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful with some details.

My only complaint is the room was ludicrously stuffy. It was almost impossible to sleep, despite being heavily intoxicated. The air con made absolutely no difference to the air flow. I eventually decided to prop open the door for a while. As petty as this sounds, it's enough to put me off staying again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were happy hotel overall, however disappointed that the heating was not working in your room. I will ensure that this is resolved by the maintenance team.

I would hope that you would allow us the opportunity to restore your faith and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Spacious room 337. Clean, very comfy bed and pillows. Room looked abit tired. Very convenient location. Great breakfast in Browns which is adjoining the hotel.

Cups for tea and coffee where in a strange glass cabinet! Tv kept turning itself on and advertising The Radisson change!! Nice toiletries in the bathroom. Would stay again when in Leeds as was quiet through the night.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read you had a great time in Leeds and were happy with the hotels location.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea with my Mum and Sister. My sister had told them in advance that it was my mums birthday and they were so kind and put a balloon, card and a small box of chocolates on the table which was ever so thoughtful. Afternoon tea consisted of salmon and cream cheese/cucumber and cream tea and egg mayo sandwiches. Followed by 3 mini deserts which were fruit scones/chocolate pudding and lemon cheese cake. And of course a pot of tea. Was very good and staff were very polite and helpful.

Stayed March 2014
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to our hotel.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon birthday tea here at the Radisson Blu Leeds, and that we were able to provide something special that impressed your group.

I will pass your kind comments onto the team, as I am sure they will be delighted!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

(I'm receptionist staff of Radisson Blu Farnham Estate, Cavan - Ireland)

Myself and my 3 brothers stayed here for a weekend back in January and all I can say is wow, great place. Mark the receptionist looked after us our whole stay. What a gentleman and a fantastic asset to the team. We arrived on a plane from Dublin and Mark stored our bags for a few hours as our rooms wern't ready at 10am which is understandable. We then checked in at around 2pm.

Rooms were spotless and top class.

Breakfast was the nicest breakfast I have EVER had.

Bar had football on Sunday morning and good beer from the taps.

Location is SPOT ON. Right beside Trinity Shopping center.

We travel to Leeds every year from Ireland and this is our new hotel now, we'll be over every January if not MORE!!! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

selby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Although this hotel is a good base for the city centre the pool facilities are classed as an extra. Price paid for 1 nights stay 2 people Breakfast included was £86.75. Hotel was clean and fresh looking but lacking in the usual Radissons Luxury I felt. Nice touch in room is the ironing board as no matter how careful you are clothes get creased. The breakfast was good and the price we paid I felt was good value but if I had paid the £13 each then it would be cheaper to go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple