“Good location”

Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good location”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel is in the great location. It’s just a short walk from the station and very close to the shops, university and hospital. Being in a small commercial centre, it also has eating places and cinema on the doorstep.

The staff were friendly and provided good service. The room was well-equipped and clean. The only aspect that I didn’t like was that the rooms, or at least mine on the 2nd floor, was internal and so even with a window onto an internal courtyard, the room was dark and the lighting didn’t compensate.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank srejtt
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. On your next visit contact us directly on 0113 236 6000 and our reception team will ensure that you get an external facing room.

Valerie Donaldson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here because it was in a central location for Leeds and the station, and we have stayed at other Radisson's before.
We stayed in a junior suite. Nice enough, but could do with redecorating soon.
Bathroom smallish,only a bath with shower over it, we would rather have had a large walk in shower. However it was clean.
Coffee machine but not enough milk.
Our room overlooked the front of the hotel and we could hear all the traffic noise even when we closed the secondary glazing. The local rubbish wagon woke us up early morning!
Breakfast was fine, nice choice of cereals,croissants, cakes etc, the hot buffet ok.

The bar/lounge... well just ok really, part of the lounge doubles up as part of the restaurant so bit odd. I wanted to watch the rugby on tv but not many sofas around,had to sit on a chair which would be fine for eating a meal but not very comfy. Didn't give the bar much atmosphere.
We didn't eat here for dinner as we had a date elsewhere but to be honest there wasn't anything on the menu we fancied. Why do these chain hotels have menus which are far too fancy and not in keeping with the area where they are. We counted one table of two having a meal at 8pm, maybe we were not alone with this view.
My wife asked for a drink but the bar man didn't understand both of us! His english wasn't very good or his understanding where bottles were kept, we had to show him by pointing it out.
As with most hotels, the radisson uses keycards to open room doors but also the lifts. This is fine if the thing works! We had to get ours changed three times because it decided not to recognise my room door. A right pain when you have to go all the way back to reception. After the third time that day, a nice girl on reception told us not to keep it close to our phones, wish they had told us on check in.
Check out went fine, very friendly.
One thing we didn't know before we came, the swimming pool/spa is not part of the hotel but in the local virgin gym. We would have used the pool if it was part of the hotel but declined when we found out this. Not very clear on the website.
All in all we would stay here again if coming to central Leeds, as it is really handy for all the attractions.

Room Tip: if wanting a quiet room, don't get one facing the front of the hotel!
1 Thank Robert999517
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologise for this. I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on 0113 236 6007 or via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great city: if you want to explore Leeds or have business there, then the Radisson Blue will not let you down for a comfortable, beautifully appointed and decorated, spotlessly clean, comfortably sized, friendly and convenient location.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Stephanie G

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had a 2 night stay here with my husband in an accessible room. The whole experience was faultless. I emailed the hotel several times to check that the accessible room would be suitable for my husband and the staff member I dealt with could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Check-in was efficient and friendly and everything was explained, including what would help we would receive in the event of a fire. We were offered help with our bags and help with finding suitable restaurants etc in the city.
The room was large, with plenty of space for the mobility scooter. The bed was extremely comfortable - I probably had the best ever sleep in a city hotel! We ordered room service which was good quality and arrived very quickly.
The breakfast staff were outstandingly friendly and hard-working. Breakfast was fairly standard but served in beautiful surroundings. It's worth booking breakfast the night before if not included in your tariff as it costs more to just turn up and request breakfast in the morning.... The hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring the city, with the Light complex attached and plenty of secure parking underground. No hesitation in recommending this hotel for a short city break!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the enclosed Light complex - which probably made for a warmer room. It is an ol...
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

I will ensure you great comments regarding the staff are shared with them all. Many thanks!

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com
Leeds
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Afternoon tea with Prosecco with 4 friends was a wonderful experience. A bottle of Prosecco to start followed by Smoked salmon and cream cheese, Free range egg mayonnaise with cress and Classic cucumber sandwiches. A delicious pot of crumble and lemon mouse each and handmade scones with cream & preserve. Crumbly chocolate buns. Strawberries, blackberries and the Ice Cloud added to the presentation.Choice of various teas constantly refreshed could not have been bettered. The staff were constantly attentive and helpful. Being able to move into lovely easy chairs later for more drinks really topped the afternoon off. I noticed a previous review and wondered if they had even been to the same place. Cracking and different afternoon, relaxing and well recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to our hotel.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea here at the Radisson Blu Leeds, and that we were able to provide something special that impressed your group.

I will pass your kind comments onto the team, as I am sure they will be delighted!

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed in a business class room. Good facilities and excellent wifi, but the carpets were a little shabby and the veneer on the writing desk was split and coming apart. When taking breakfast had to wait 15 minutes for a table as the breakfast area is not really serviceable. This wasn't a problem in itself. However, staff had obviously been told to clear tables quickly and when we returned to our table having replenished our fruit juice our table had been cleared, including our unfinished tea and toast. The staff were very apologetic, but it was a nuisance. Another issue was that the carpets in the breakfast area were shoddy and dirty. I expect better from Radisson.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you had a good stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds, however was a little disappointed to read that your experience at breakfast was not up to our usual high standards. I will review this with the team.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms and the restaurant area. I can confirm that a refurbishment is under discussion within the company and I hope to be able to share the plans once approved.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel whilst visiting leeds for the weekend. We were delighted with the hotel itself, the location, the facilities and the friendly staff. We will certainly be staying here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com