“Previous stays good”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This stay not good Charged for rooms when I wanted to pay by cash without being asked - money was taken when card was swiped for tab Builders outside both rooms on sat and sun - starting at 07.00 Was for my best friends 40th so did not want to complain and end up being stressed out (not nice to complain) and after a late night on sat was surprised builders working so early on a sunday and by then too tired to want to change rooms at 07.00 Hotel should have thought about this!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that your stay was not as good as previous stays. I would also like to apologise about the building work that was taking place on Sunday morning. I believe that this was a one off incident where the council were working on the road outside but on your next visit please ensure that you contact the hotel directly to ensure a request for a quiet room is added when you make your reservation and we will try to accommodate this whenever we can.

I would hope that you would allow us the opportunity to restore your faith and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Valerie Donaldson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is the first time I have written a review of a hotel. The hotel is in a great location but I feel that the Radisson is looking slightly 'tired' and in need of some TLC! When we arrived at the hotel check in was quick and the lady who checked us in was friendly. We went straight up to our room and our first impressions were that it was nice. We went to do some shopping and then decided to return to the hotel restaurant to eat. We were seated in the restaurant and the lady told us she could set up the table and bring menus over. However after about 15 minutes we were still waiting. We were sat in the upper area of the restaurant and it felt quite dirty, the carpet could have done with a hoover! There were a couple of staff members busying themselves setting tables around us with no one sat at them and ignoring us! At this point we decided to leave and eat elsewhere. The restaurant wasn't busy so this was just very poor service. Another comment which may seen small was the pillows in the room! The bed looked so cosy and very inviting but one you laid on the pillows they went totally flat and were so uncomfortable!!! Leading to a very poor nights sleep. We had booked room only but decided to pay for breakfast. I have to say for the price I was slightly disappointed. It didn't look very appetising and again the service left a lot to be desired. I ask the waitress for some soft boiled eggs - 20 minutes later I was still waiting and getting frustrated seeing other people getting requested items much quicker. Overall I came away from the Radisson feeling very disappointed to be honest I don't think I would stay again.

1  Thank Gingerbreadlatte2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologise for this. I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on 0113 236 6007 or via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hotel is really nice.. better than premier inn, which is great too. Its very clean and comfortable, its a great location restaurants and bars surround it and if the weather is bad you don't have to go outside, the hotel is part of an arcade of restaurants, its called The Light, it also has a cinema and a gym. We ate at cafe rouge as it was raining outside and we were going on to a show, it all added to the comfort of our stay.

Room Tip: get one with a bath, they're big and great to soak in after a day travelling
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Excellant location for shopping and eating in Leeds city centre with good secure and discounted parking below. On this trip we didn't eat or drink in the hotel because of the price and our main reason for the visit was to go out for a meal also shopping within the city centre where there are hundreds of eating houses. Very good clean and quiet rooms with free wifi.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is around 5 mins walk from Leeds station and close to shopping area. Hotel rooms are neat and clean. Person at desk was very helpful and went out of the way to help me out to locate an Indian restaurant at midnight. Had a really good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

My mother (83 years old) became unwell at Mass at the adjacent cathedral last Sunday. I took her to the Radison where a glass of water arrived with no fuss and very quickly. We were made so welcome and were able to leave with my mother recovered 20 minutes later. What a great hotel. Thanks.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our staff welcomed you and your mother into the hotel and I hope that she is now feeling better.

I look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We recently enjoyed a great night at the Radisson hotel in Leeds which was a birthday treat. We were allocated a business class room which exceeded our expectations which included all the usual facilities. Checking and out went very smoothly. Our only slight criticism was the breakfast was only average and given the cost we would have expected better than just average and the duvet seemed a little small given the size of the bed. However if we were to stay in Leeds again, this is the hotel we would choose as we have now stayed here on many ocassions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mrscookhelmsley
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay for your birthday celebration. I will ensure that your kind comments get passed onto the team, as I am sure they will be delighted!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.