“City Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 April 2014

City canter hotel with parking in city car park offsite but only a couple of hundred yards walk
Rooms well appointed and clean
Corporate venue, close to city, no atmosphere,
Staff were very polite and helpful, no issues

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here for the weekend 12/13 April 2013.

The room was clean, very nice and very quiet which was impressive. Daniel (Reception) was extremely helpful and polite and help organise flowers to be delivered to our room as a surprise for my partner on our anniversary.

Everything about the hotel was lovely apart from breakfast.

The breakfast is good in that the selection is large and on a Sunday they serve till 1200 which is amazing. However, because they have it on so long, the food is cold and I mean cold!! There is no way the food is probed regularly to ensure it maintains it heat or refreshed. It was such a shame as potentially it was a great breakfast. Also why do chefs in these restaurants only grill one side of the bacon!! Its bizarre or laziness. Its a shame as breakfast is not cheap and when the hotel and its staff are outstanding, it is a real shame that the last thing you remember is a shoe cold expensive breakfast.

I would stay here again most certainly, but I would not have the breakfast and probably go outside the hotel for this instead.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to Daniel as I am sure he will be delighted!

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay; however a little disappointed that breakfast was not up to our usual high standards. I will look into this with our Food & Drink Manager to ensure that our Sunday morning service is reviewed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at Radisson Blu last night12/04/2104..having booked two rooms for my parents and I..Arrived at 2.10pm as check in was 2pm to find my room was available but parents room would be 20 minutes...Lots of apologies from the reception staff but I was told that it was due to everyone from the previous night checking out at at 12pm that day and so everyone was running behind. Okkkkkkkkkk...despite continually asking about my parents room (my mother is disabled and in a wheelchair) we kept being told it was being dealt with.....1 hr 20 mins later the room became available. It didn't help seeing lots of other people arriving and being given their rooms...was it because we paid for executive rooms? Anyhow my mother was becoming distressed at this point as she was very tired. Finally got to her room ...the room was fine...although when I opened the door it smelt of smoke!!..The trip had been a present for my parents and included a theatre trip that night...I could see they had smelt it too but as they were so tired they weren't going to mention it too me. If I had complained how much longer would we have had to wait for another room?? I had to get my mum ready and out within 2 hours and complaining would caused even more problems. Papers had been ordered for the next morning but were wrong for me. Oh well....reading the Sun on Sunday was an eye opener! In fairness though, the bar staff and restaurant staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant to talk too. It was noisy as you would expect in the city centre but it made me realise that I have become a countrygal without even realizing...Would I stay again...no and thats a shame

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tisme d

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologise for this. I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on 0113 236 6007 or via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at Radisson in The Light - excellent location for gig at Arena and the staff were really friendly. Also unexpectedly convenient for city centre. There's a useful tie in with the car park next door where a discount is obtained onchecking out. Booked via Booking.com and got a great deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Reviewed 10 April 2014

After a disastrous visit to the Radisson Hotel, Leeds in December whereby our check-in experience was dreadful and, due to a mix up by one of the staff, we were offered a complimentary stay on the date of our choice. We arrived on Saturday 5th April at 12noon and our business class room was ready which was a pleasant surprise. The room was huge with slightly dated décor but clean and excellent facilities. We ate in the hotel restaurant, the food and service was absolutely superb. I sincerely suggest you try the Lounge food menu. It really was excellent. Our room was the first you got to out of the lift so a little noise in the night but it was a Saturday so to be expected. I would recommend that they maybe update the room doors to be slow close/quiet close as I could hear doors slamming. There was also pipe noise buts its a hotel what can you say. Breakfast in the morning was ok. (They need a new toaster! but a niggle too small to be worth actually complaining about).

Location is great, 5 mins walk to shops, bars and train station.

On the whole our opinion of this hotel has been rectified and we are very grateful to Radisson Leeds for giving us a nice stay. I would now recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay and that it has restored your faith in the Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I will pass your kind comments onto the team.

Thanks again!

Regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014

When I checked in I asked for a room with external windows (a number of their rooms face into the hotel building and have no natural light or fresh air). This means that anyone walking outside on the central areas or on the floors above can see right into your room which means basically you have to keep your curtains closed the whole time for privacy! I was advised that they didn't have any as the good rooms are kept for regulars. Now whilst I might not stay there often, my Company uses it on regular basis.

They searched the system again and found one with external facing window. Went to the room and tried to open the windows. The first window - the double glazing unit toppled over, so tried the second window - it didn't even budge, the third window - unit toppled as well. Phoned reception who said they'd send up an engineer. While waiting, thought I'd unpack. Found I'd been given a disabled room which meant everything was at low level and no bath just walk in shower. I have no issues with a disabled room but in every other hotel I've stayed in, they advise you at the outset so you can make the choice if it is suitable.

Back to reception and asked for change of room. Only rooms left are inward facing so you'd think these rooms would have adequate lighting to offset fact you need to keep curtains shut for privacy, you'd like to think that but no!

The room had a clock on the TV, which I thought was a nice touch as so many hotels don't have a clock. However, it was only later I realised the clock was an hour slow - it hadn't been changed for BST. Pity help anyone who was using that to keep an appointment!

At breakfast, it would have been nice if someone had approached me and asked if I wanted tea or coffee.

On checking out, I mentioned my issues and based on the response I reckon they must get a lot of complaints as the person didn't seem surprised or overly concerned.

As for having regulars (that surprised me based on my experience), can I point out people become regulars as a result of their previous stay/stays. From what I experienced I would change my dates of travel, if the only hotel available was this one, to avoid staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colin M
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us and we were unable to allocate you an outside facing room.

I have spoken with my Front Office Manager and your profile notes have been updated to ensure that you get an outside facing room on your next visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that this preference could not be met on this occasion.

I would hope that you would allow us the opportunity to restore your faith and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 7 April 2014

A quick scan of the 4 * hotels shows that they're all located around the railway station - for a good reason that many come to Leeds by train; but if you're travelling by car and want to be close to the theatres on the Headrow there isn't much choice: it's Radisson Blu or nothing. And it certainly was very convvenient but a bit pricey. Also, finding the car park entrance was a nightmare - sat nav post code was of little use. The hotel itself was OK - reception was friendly & helpful; the room itself was a box with "designer" writ large on it - but really just a bed & telly. Bit dissappointed that several lights in the bathroom and the bedroom had blown and not been replaced: these details should be checked when the room is made up. Breakfast again was only OK - fine if you just want bacon&egg, but light on fruit. Would probably book again for a theatre trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Leeds, however a little disappointed to read that there were a few maintenance issues in the room. I have passed these onto our maintenance manager.

I hope you return to the hotel on your next visit to Leeds and I would like to ensure you that any issues that you had are being resolved.

Yours Sincerely