“Enjoyed my stay, just a little more attention to customer care would be appreciated” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 239 from Saturday to Monday and generally was happy with the hotel. I had read a few reviews online which led me to request a room with external facing windows as I hate the feeling of being closed in. This was acknowledge by the hotel before I arrived. A positive was that whilst I arrived at midday, two hours before check in, I was advised my room was ready which was great news. When I arrived at my room my first impression was it was very dark. It was at this point I noted this room had no external windows as per my request so I contacted reception. A very attentive man attended the room to find me an alternative. Firstly I was offered a room, next door to my final room, that was equipped for someone with disabilities. Whilst this room was large the staff member noted how cold it was and after playing with the air con decided to take me to my final destination. This room was smaller but suited my needs. Very traditional, maybe dated, but clean and comfortable. Bed and pillows were a little softer than I would like would not uncomfortable. Air con was a problem in this room too as it just wouldn't blow cool so I gave up on this if I am honest as I really didn't want to move rooms again. Rooms were well equipped with everything you would need. Reception staff were quick and efficient, sadly the same could not be said for the bar area. We took drinks there on Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening. Although the bar was quite empty and two staff members were working wait times were far from acceptable at 10 minutes plus. I would hate to think what wait times would be should the bar be full. Overall I think I would stay at this hotel again based on its location and level of cleanliness, I would most probably take my drinks elsewhere. I would hope customer requests are normally actioned and this was purely an oversight.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the reception team dealt efficiently with the problems you had with your room. I would like to apologise about the issues with the waiting time at the bar and I will bring this to the attention of our Food and Drinks manager to ensure that this is rectified for future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
York, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked Junior Suite for £159 via Radisson site. My wife then showed me LateRooms.com site with Radisson Blu Leeds hotel. Listed room with breakfast, free movies, Esporta Health Club access, Nespresso coffee machine, newspaper, bathrobe and slippers. In fact exactly the same as listed for Junior Suite on Radisson site, but for £136.

Sent in the claim form and rejected as LateRooms calls room with same descriptions an "excecutive" rather than "junior suite". So this lowest price guarantee in my opinion is just a scam.

Now I have been fortunate to travel to various countries and hotels. Some 'deluxe' and 'executive' rooms have been a disappointment, barely larger than the bed. Other standard rooms have been a joy with space, storage, facilities and views. So I no longer judge a room by whatever the marketing/sales department calls it, rather what I actually get. It would appear Radisson can't even recognise the same room type given identical description even if given a different name by another site. Very underhand and shoddy.

Which is a shame as the hotel staff are very helpful. The hotel itself is rather tired (missing ceramic on floor, damaged shower/bath taps) although clean and pleasant.

Room Tip: What Radisson call business class rooms are larger and have coffee machine. Beware of the 'Best...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alex P
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the rate that you got, however although the amenities in the junior suite and the executive rooms are indeed the same, the junior suite is much more spacious and is a corner room with a view of the city. Laterooms are referring to one of our business class rooms which they call an “executive room” not a junior suite, which why you paid £159, rather than £136 which would have been for one of our business class rooms.

I apologise for any confusion you may have had and I will be reviewing this with Laterooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Got here before 2pm and my room was ready.Check in was easy friendly staff no que got in right away, really helpful as I was first time traveller went to an easter concert at city varieties. They gave me a map of area and directions a bit tricky to find but got there!! As a solo traveller location was perfect for me to walk to and back from to Hotel. There was a bath which I do prefer, free wii fi and breakfast in the special rate I got. Will definately return.Breakfast was from 6.30 to 10.30 and I had a cooked one very nice. Check out is at 12 perfect for me! Took 4 attempts to use lift with swipe system. Leeds I will be back love Radisson Hotel. Thankyou.

Room Tip: Only minor thing light sleeper may want a higher up room on 2nd floor and can here traffic noise and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed one night with three colleagues in April 2014 on business. Room compact but functional and very comfortable and very clean. Bathroom was excellent with everything you could need. Slight humming noise from air con units.

Had dinner in restaurant and we chose the £35 a head taster menu, took close to 3 hours to eat but we were not in a hurry and everything was excellent including the service .

Breakfast was good with an excellent choice and all was of good quality

Will certainly be using Radisson Blu hotels whenever possible in the future.

Checkout was fast and easy

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The check in procedure was really smooth and the staff was really friendly.
The room was located on the 6th floor - business class.
The room is really spacious but it looks old fashioned.
All that you need is in that room, from the iron to the Nespresso machine - you do not have to ask for anything.
The WiFi is excellent as well.
The breakfast was just fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Checkin was quick and easy. Lovely room but the bathroom was missing a bath, only a shower
(not a full on power shower either). Lots of added extras for the room with clean crisp bedding, coffee machine and large flat screen tv to name a few. The hotel breakfast was perfect, setting us both up for the days shopping ahead. The hotel was quiet itself whilst all the buzz of Leeds right outside on the doorstep. Would come back if the offer was right!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Boney74

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Myself and 3 others decided to check into this hotel for a 2 night stay. The hotel location is fantastic, right in the middle of the city center.

We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who unfortunately told us he could only find 1 room reservation, not 2 (we booked via booking.com). Despite providing a booking confirmation receipt, the booking could not be found. He did, however, manage to find us a room anyway.

The rooms were large, clean and modern. The mini bar was well stocked. The hotel staff were all very friendly, especially the cleaner who was very cheerful.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Having checked out and settled the bill I discovered an additional charge of £89.10 on the bill. Despite numerous phone calls and emails to the hotel, this was not resolved in a timely manner. and my account remained in debit for 11 days after check out.

Unfortunately this ruined what was an otherwise, enjoyable trip.

Tip for Radisson - when a customer raises a complaint - take it seriously! In my case, I sincerely feel let down that such a small administrative error can waste such an inordinate amount of my time trying to resolve.

I have raised this with the hotel management - I have yet to hear back. I will not hold my breath.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us; however I’m disappointed to hear that the mix up with your booking was not dealt with promptly after you checkout out from the hotel.

Please could you contact me directly on 0113 236 6000 or via email valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com so that I can personally look into the matter.