“Location couldn't be better”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed one night here and it was pretty good. The room itself was a good size but had a different setup. The beds were at one end and in the middle of the room was a large column from which a TV was mounted. This made getting around a bit difficult as either it or the bed was in the way. Attached was a desk. Behind this was a small sitting area which I referred to as the 'study'.

The bathroom was really clean with lots of shelves; a big plus. The door however was frosted glass. This is the third hotel I've stayed at with this type of door. Why on earth would anyone think this was a good idea? Who wants to see the shadow of someone sitting on a loo or drying themselves off?? It's an invasion of privacy.

The location is excellent, right next to the shopping district and restaurants. We ate in Trinity Kitchen, a rather unusual but fun food court. Breakfast at the hotel was far too expensive.

Staff were really friendly, so our stay on the whole was very good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Lovely hotel in a great location, for shops, bars, restaurants and the train station. We stayed here as a group of friends and did have to wait quite a while until our rooms were ready. But the bar staff were very helpful during this time in giving us hints and tips on where's best to go for a drink. The rooms were great and spacious, with free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is simply one of my favorites anywhere. The friendliness and service is always first class.
A couple of special mentions -
First the restaurant. It's all to easy to overlook the restaurant in a hotel, but this one is different - it's not the usual Radisson restaurant, it's really quite special. The set price menu (you get a choice) is exceptional value and very, very good. I think it would be almost impossible to eat as well anywhere in Leeds for the same price.
Second mention goes to the bar, great service and they have my Bourbon of choice.
It's a great location, book ahead of time to get a good rate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My partner and I were attending a function in Leeds. Initially we planned on driving home but at the last minute we decided to stay over for an evening out in Leeds.

We stayed at the Radisson Blu which family had recommended to us. It is a large hotel right in the centre of town, ideal for shoppers diners drinkers visitors to the arena or guests at the weddings at the town hall. We parked in The Light which is very safe and secure and available at a discounted rate for hotel guests. We checked in and found our room to be perfect for what we needed. Modern decor and very comfortable.

After a snooze we went to a comedy show just 5 minutes walk from the hotel - Jongleurs. We then had a drink at Maluko but it wasn't really the place for us with lots of hen parties so we moved on to Epernays Champagne Bar in the Electric Press. Excellent service, fairly priced cocktails and a nice relaxing environment.

After enough of the cocktails we returned to the hotel and had a perfect nights sleep. No noise disturbance, a comfy bed and the room temperature was just right.

We will use again, and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014

the joy of having a quiet hotel room should not be understated. especially after a hard day at the office. This hotel was an oasis of calm despite every room in the place being booked. Also the curtains blocked every scrap of light. Perfect!

the decor is modern, the bed comfortable, the TV large and wifi signal strong and fast.
The staff were efficient and helpful, the breakfast sufficient and plenty of choice. Even though not on my room rate, i did get a discount by asking at the desk.

take care if driving, Leeds is a pain in the rear with its one way systems and bus only roads. Also the parking is via a public garage next door. I used the train so cannot comment on prices and availability etc

It really did tick all the boxes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We booked to stay at this hotel while visiting Leeds to see a concert and from arrival to departure the staff were brilliant and always keen to help.Our room was classed as Standard,but myself and my wife were both impressed with the cleanliness,decor and facilities and Sky Ports as an extra was most welcome.The bed was comfortable and bathroom excellent,we slept very well with no disturbances.Breakfast was buffet style with lots to choose from with continental style to more traditional being on offer and plenty of choice of fresh fruit,cereals,fruit juices and tea/coffee.I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough,from its location to its staff and our room,it was a real pleasure to stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here while visiting family in Leeds, first of all it has a great location very much in the centre of Leeds and is an integral part of the Light Shopping Centre.

The Light has a range of restaurants and cafes to suit basically every taste, you could get every kind of food you would like without leaving the centre and getting wet! Room itself was very nice, large and airy with good facilities and was very comfortable. Rates were also pretty reasonable, but we did get a good deal so I'm not sure what others would pay.

About the only negative thing to point out is that despite the details when we booked the hotel doesn't actually have a gym or pool, instead you can use the Virgin Active gym in the light at extra cost. If this had been made clearer at booking I would have given a higher rating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple