“Business over night stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Extremely happy with the hotel facilities. Staff warm and welcomng. Rooms clean and very comfortable. The pillows were soft how i like them. Room service was prompt and breakfast arrived on the time stated. Would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed at the Radisson in Leeds many times, it is always our hotel of choice as we cannot fault it. We like it so much, we are returning next weekend
The location couldn't be better, it is surrounded by lots of bars and restaurants and has secure parking, which is available at a discounted rate.
The staff are pleasant and attentive, nothing is a problem to them.
The public areas are spotless, as are the rooms. We have stayed in all styles of rooms but prefer Italian and Art Decor.
Breakfast is lovely, there are lots of choices, however, fried eggs have to be ordered, we found that a little odd! Everything else is served fresh in a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere.
We had an enjoyable stay and know we will be back many more times in the future, Christmas shopping has been mentioned!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an easy review, stayed for 1 night on a Friday for a birthday.
Perfect location - especially for the train station and all the top restaurants
Great room
Great service
Great Breakfast

No more needs to be said :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

For us, it was about convenience of being central and having all amenities nearby. Most notable being subsidised access to Virgin Fitness in The Light, Caffe Nero across the road, and any number of bars for on the way home. The rooms were really quite nice (though a bit cramped) and we did get a lovely view of the main streetscape. However, shower left a lot to be desired in terms of how to work it and lack of water pressure (preferred the one at the gym quite frankly). While parking is nearby, getting the car out proved a chore with all the one way streets with my husband driving half the way around Leeds to bring it around to the front. Still, I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I actually stayed here in November, but only got round to writing the review. Nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. I stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekends away. The hotel was reasonably priced and the parking was great. Literally parking right by the hotel with a lift! I found this useful as we thought we had to walk a while.
We came about 3 hours before we were meant to arrive, we thought we'd ask whether our room was ready, no big problem if it wasn't as we were early. But it was ready! The reception staff were lovely and helpful. Even when I couldn't use the key card they helped...
The rooms were superb. The beds were comfy and clean. The only downside was the pillows were too fluffy! The bathroom was spotless. Came with shampoo, gel etc.
There was a little wardrobe in the room which was a good touch. The TV was nice for getting ready in the morning and i really appreciated having a kettle. There was a dressing table which I really liked!
The view we had was The Light. It was nice to people watch, but around 11 o'clock at night it was noisy and got a little annoying. The Light is good though, we went twice for a meal because we wanted something quick.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious with lots of choice. However, I thought a hotel with such size would be prepared for the amount of people. We had to wait 20 minutes before. Any longer and we would of gone elsewhere. Even though this was a negative, the food and drink we had made up for it.
I wasn't sure why the whole of Leeds was so busy, I thought it could've been due to Christmas. We originally wanted to come to Leeds as we thought it'd be less busy than somewhere like London.
All in all, the hotel was lovely and hoping to return in August!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from The Light as very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had a terrible experience at the Radisson Blu in Leeds a week ago. I have stayed in Radisson Blu hotels in the past with no problems, but my luck evidently ran out. I left my very expensive headphones in my hotel by accident and I never saw them again,

I called the hotel within an hour of my checking out and I was put through to reception and left on hold as the phone rang out. I called again later that day and told customer service about the headphones. The staff member said nothing had been handed in but she'd call me the next day once she'd spoken with the maid. The next day - no call. The following day I called the Radisson again and this time I got through. No explanation or apology for not returning my call. I was told that a conversation had been had with the maid and she hadn't seen them.

I told the staff that I was 100% sure that I had left them in the room - and could even identify exactly where in the room they had been left - and wanted to know what could have happened. They just weren't interested. No sympathy, no apology, no interest in trying to work out how these very expensive headphones had gone missing. I would literally stake my life that I left them in that room. I'm furious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank queen_abb

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear about your lost property. As you are aware a full investigation has been made into this and I would like to ensure you that we are taking the matter seriously.

My Front Office Manager will be contacting your directly tomorrow. I would to apologise for the delay in the response.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked into a Junior Suite for two nights as part of a wedding party. On arrival in the room, we found a number of small, but important things that were not up to the standard we expected in this type of room and hotel.

There was no mattress protector on the bed, only one tissue in the pack, used chocolate drink wrapper in the drinks tray, only one bath robe for two of us and no slippers at all. We were informed that ALL the mattress protectors "were in the wash"! - really in this standard of hotel, this is unacceptable. We informed the hotel that we would not sleep in that bed unless there was some sort of mattress protector put on our bed. On our return to our room we found that another sheet had been put on the bed, the drinks tray was cleaned and that a new box of tissues had been put in the bathroom. We never did get the other bath robe and were told that there were no slippers, even though I never walk on hotel floors without wearing slippers - I had not packed my own on this occasion - wrong!

The lack of attention to these little details is not what was expected from this Hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that the room did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologise for this. I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly via email valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards