“Great Location”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hotel is in a fantastic location for lots of bars & restaurants.The staff are wonderful,nothing too much trouble.The only down side was the room.......we stayed in a business class room which was quite tired looking.The carpet is in need of replacing as it was quite stained as were most of the soft furnishings.The bed was only a double where you would expect to find a king size.There was no mattress protector on the bed which is unacceptable.With some redecoration etc this would be a great place to stay.
Breakfast was self service and the choice & quality of food very good.
I did point out my concerns to the reception staff and was advised that the hotel was in line for refurbishment so with this in mind I would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms. I can confirm as my reception staff informed you that a refurbishment is under discussion within the company and I hope to be able to share the plans once approved.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,831)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Forget the hotel. All you need to know is that it is clean, spacious, central and has great facilities. I will stay again. This is my third visit.

Its all about the staff and the food.

The staff are sooo personable, offer help, their time and their conversation. Every member of staff we encountered clearly enjoyed their job and the service they gave is absolutely second to none. Really impeccable staff. They arranged for extra beds in our suite - no problem. Oh you would like flowers in your room on arrival - yes of course! and a balloon with happy birthday on it - certainly!

Then there was the food. We had high tea ( wow) and evening dinner (double wow) Mick the chef - awesome!!! High class cuisine! Who knew?? I certainly didn't! Well i do now! I will be taking my friends and family there to eat evening dinner. Having eaten at most Leeds restaurants over the last ahem 25 years or so i can say hand on heart that this is fantastic food at a fantastic price. What a gem!!!!

Room Tip: The gastro menu is really excellent and for £21.95 (i think) for 3 courses the food is an absolute s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed your meal in our Lounge restaurant. I will pass your kind comments onto Mick and the Food and Drink Team!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Extremely happy with the hotel facilities. Staff warm and welcomng. Rooms clean and very comfortable. The pillows were soft how i like them. Room service was prompt and breakfast arrived on the time stated. Would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed at the Radisson in Leeds many times, it is always our hotel of choice as we cannot fault it. We like it so much, we are returning next weekend
The location couldn't be better, it is surrounded by lots of bars and restaurants and has secure parking, which is available at a discounted rate.
The staff are pleasant and attentive, nothing is a problem to them.
The public areas are spotless, as are the rooms. We have stayed in all styles of rooms but prefer Italian and Art Decor.
Breakfast is lovely, there are lots of choices, however, fried eggs have to be ordered, we found that a little odd! Everything else is served fresh in a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere.
We had an enjoyable stay and know we will be back many more times in the future, Christmas shopping has been mentioned!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an easy review, stayed for 1 night on a Friday for a birthday.
Perfect location - especially for the train station and all the top restaurants
Great room
Great service
Great Breakfast

No more needs to be said :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

For us, it was about convenience of being central and having all amenities nearby. Most notable being subsidised access to Virgin Fitness in The Light, Caffe Nero across the road, and any number of bars for on the way home. The rooms were really quite nice (though a bit cramped) and we did get a lovely view of the main streetscape. However, shower left a lot to be desired in terms of how to work it and lack of water pressure (preferred the one at the gym quite frankly). While parking is nearby, getting the car out proved a chore with all the one way streets with my husband driving half the way around Leeds to bring it around to the front. Still, I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I actually stayed here in November, but only got round to writing the review. Nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. I stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekends away. The hotel was reasonably priced and the parking was great. Literally parking right by the hotel with a lift! I found this useful as we thought we had to walk a while.
We came about 3 hours before we were meant to arrive, we thought we'd ask whether our room was ready, no big problem if it wasn't as we were early. But it was ready! The reception staff were lovely and helpful. Even when I couldn't use the key card they helped...
The rooms were superb. The beds were comfy and clean. The only downside was the pillows were too fluffy! The bathroom was spotless. Came with shampoo, gel etc.
There was a little wardrobe in the room which was a good touch. The TV was nice for getting ready in the morning and i really appreciated having a kettle. There was a dressing table which I really liked!
The view we had was The Light. It was nice to people watch, but around 11 o'clock at night it was noisy and got a little annoying. The Light is good though, we went twice for a meal because we wanted something quick.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious with lots of choice. However, I thought a hotel with such size would be prepared for the amount of people. We had to wait 20 minutes before. Any longer and we would of gone elsewhere. Even though this was a negative, the food and drink we had made up for it.
I wasn't sure why the whole of Leeds was so busy, I thought it could've been due to Christmas. We originally wanted to come to Leeds as we thought it'd be less busy than somewhere like London.
All in all, the hotel was lovely and hoping to return in August!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from The Light as very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple