“Radisson Blu”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
“Radisson Blu”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent staff, accommodation and facilities. Reasonable parking for the centre of Leeds. One of the best breakfasts I've had. Staff really do cater to everyone's needs. Location perfect for shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Desford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had some points to use up and wanted a central hotel in Leeds and the Radisson did just nicely. When I booked I was given the option to upgrade to a suite (if one was available on the day) for under GBP50. On arrival the reception staff were professional, friendly and courteous.
The room was great with a very comfortable bed, well equipped bathroom, plenty of wardrobe space and decent blackout curtains. The only negative was having to hunt around to find spare plug sockets to be able to charge phones etc. Would be a much better idea to have these located near the bed / desk without having to resort to climbing under the desk just to find a plug.
Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and again, the restaurant staff were attentive, polite and helpful. Would definitely recommend staying here

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wonderful city location, smashing room with every mod con one could wish for. The whole place was comfortable and professional. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to other business travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Booked the hotel in advance at a discount rate but still was expensive, on the reservation we asked for early check in and city view. We arrived at 11:30 and asked if we could check in but the room wasn't ready so we got told to come back later. So we checked in a few hours later, got to the room on the top floor with the views that were great, the room was really big but a bit dated.
After checking the room out, we started to notice faults in the room, to start with we had to stand on the desk to open the windows, the bed linen was badly stained, mirror in the bathroom was hanging off, and the dust and dirt on the skirting boards was disgusting. I never complain about things but even this was bad for me, also the tea and Coffee box was empty as if the room hadn't be cleaned or used for months. I went to find the housekeeper for some tea and coffee and did eventually found him but the language barrier didn't help as he didn't understand what I was asking. I did get some coffee in the end, but another concern that my wife has was that when she wanted to get ready to go out, make up and women's stuff, she wanted to dry her hair in the mirror but where the only place to plug it in was under the desk, and the mirror was no where near a socket so she had to do it blind which she wasn't happy about.
But check out I got asked if the room was ok & I replied to the receptionist, no I have a list of complaints, which she was surprised that I was complaining, she took my email address and wrote all the faults and complaints down, and told me that someone will be in touch regarding the complaints, 2 week later still waiting.
But the good thing about the hotel is the location and that is it. I won't stay again.

box was

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your comments were not handled or actioned upon during your stay.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A quick trip to Leeds for Le Tour TourMaker training with a friend necessitated an overnight stay. The Radisson Blu is centrally located and with parking underneath in The Light car park, easy for an out of towner to get to. 8 - 10 minute walk to the new First Direct Arena in one direction, 5 minutes to the main shopping area in another, 8 - 10 minute walk to the station. Reception staff were friendly and efficient, check in was very easy. Room was spacious and surprisingly quiet. The hotel was fully booked the night we stayed but I can honestly say that we were not bothered by noise from doors, bathrooms or other guests. A rarity these days! The bathroom was spotless and very good quality. We were asked upon check in if we would like a walk in shower or a bath/shower combination. We chose the walk in shower option. High quality toiletries, good shower and large fluffy towels. No waste bin in the bathroom though, which I think is a mistake. Plenty of hanging space in the closet area, ample tea and coffee, easy chair and work desk. We were given codes for the free wifi, but reception was not good and in the end I gave up as it was so unreliable. Extremely comfortable bed with two large, very soft feather pillows per person. Lighting in the bathroom was good, but bedroom light was more subdued. Room overlooked an atrium, so natural light was limited. The mini bar fridge had space for us to store a couple of small bottles of water and a couple of cans in, without disturbing any of the contents already there.
Buffet breakfast was very good. Large selection of fresh fruit, cereals, cold meats and cheeses. Good selection of hot options and a poached egg ordered upon request arrived quickly and perfectly cooked. Good coffee. Pastries and muffins available too.
Hotel were happy to store our luggage after check out until we were ready to leave Leeds later that day. Remember to ask for your car park token to have the discount applied if you have parked in The Light.
Staff throughout the hotel were friendly, courteous and happy to help. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for the Prince Concert last Friday. Hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Stayed in one of the inner rooms with a view of the corridor which was not great (and a little dark), but clean, pleasent and comfortable. Nice Hotel

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for one Friday night. We were very pleased with the location - it is an easy walk from the train station and close to the centre of town. The room we had was lovely. It was very spacious, nicely decorated and with good amenities. The bathroom was well appointed too. I was really surprised by how quiet it was during the night, we got a great night's sleep. We had got a room-only deal so I can't comment on breakfast as we certainly weren't going to pay an extra £15 each for it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple