“Nice Stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here as part of a hen party group in May... Hotel staff were very helpful they took our luggage and stored it away as we arrived in Leeds earlier than the check in time. The rooms are quite nice, spacious... bed and pillows were very soft and comfy. we all stayed for breakfast the next day which was quite nice... had lots of choice (full breakfast, juices, cereals, pastries etc) Great location very close to everything you need.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,831)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent a weekend break (3 nights) here. The reception was warm and efficient. Our room was comfortable and functional, with some interestingly different design features. What was extra nice was that it had opening windows, no intrusive aircon and looked out over the street. Fortunately there was also secondary glazing as the street outside was quite noisy with all night drinkers. As the room faced west it was also lovely and warm with evening summer sunshine when it wasn't raining!). We didn't use the restaurant in the evenings, but the pizzas we had had on room service one evening were superb. Help yourself breakfast was also good -- excellent variety from croissants and toast to black pudding and enormous mushrooms (yum!). All the staff were excellent: friendly and helpful. Disappointments: no fridge in the room; no power sockets near the bed (important for my CPAP machine), the restaurant menu we saw didn't excite us and like most hotels the bed linen never fits the beds properly -- just enough to get 4 stars not 5. But on this showing I would be quite happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper you might want to ask for a room not overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2014

When something goes so wrong that I feel the need to write and ask for the hotel's comments, I expect to receive a reply - not be ignored. I don't expect front desk staff to tell me the problem was my own fault, for not asking for a room change at the time.

The hotel could be good, its in a nice shopping/restaurant mall and for me the location is perfect, as its 50 yards from where I need to be. The place has many minor problems but the location is its selling point. My last stay 3 weeks ago was very disappointing, however.

My room was internal facing and my mobile phone did not have reception. I had to use the room phone and was staggered at how much they charged for these calls(about 65% uplift on the room rate).
- front desk staff are not friendly (example: I was told the phone charge was my own fault, as I should have asked for a different room).
- breakfasts are poor (you can get a nice bagel or something from just outside the hotel, however. Just don't eat in the hotel.)
- many rooms are inward facing, they are airless and stuffy and the aircon seems ineffective
- rooms are not particularly luxurious, but adequate
- car parking is very expensive indeed
- there is no gym (you can pay to use the one around the corner)
- wifi is slow
- maintenance isn't great, there's usually a light or two not working

Given the location I would have put up with many smaller defects, but poor customer service - ignoring complaints and telling customers its their own fault...... my next stay in Leeds is booked, but not with this hotel

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here, make sure the room is externally facing. Many face onto an internal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff S
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your comments were not handled or actioned upon during your stay.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here with a girl friend for a conference at the nearby Arena. For a city centre hotel, with a great rate, we expected less than we experienced. We had booked a room for two people and it was a double, so had to request an extra bed, but this was dealt with fairly quickly, before we needed it anyway! However, when requesting this to be done, the receptionist used the radio to what seemed to be a porter, who didn't sound too pleased about the requested task, she almost had to convince him. (The conference was for 5k women, so I'm guessing he had a lot of extra beds to be putting in rooms), none the less, this could have been dealt with out of ear shot of me and the line of check in guests.
Breakfast was great, really good selection and good quality products.
The rooms we modern and had a great design. The hotel parking is based at The Light so really handy, also a reasonable price for city centre parking overnight etc. Ask the hotel to discount your parking token and they will reduce the parking fee. (Something they asked me when I checked out).
The Light also has a great selection of restaurants and cafés, so really handy.
Really enjoyed our two night stay here, will definitely stay again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked a room about two months before I planned to stay. I paid for a Business Class room since there was going to be myself and my daughter and daughter in law wishing to stay in the same room. They told me this room was bigger and would easily accommodate three beds.
When we arrived, the room had not been set up for three. Only two beds, two towel sets, two glasses and mugs etc. I had to complain in order for that to be put right. And still on the second night, everything had only been replenished for two.
Breakfast was good. Plenty of choice. They do not have the tables however to accommodate the hotel guests. This resulted in our having to eat at a small coffee table on which there was not enough room for all the plates and coffee pot etc.
The staff were very willing, polite and helpful. The hotel room was clean and well kitted out. The hotel is ideally situated between the First Direct Arena and the City Centre. About 6 min walk from the train station. It is situated in a sort of mall in which there are several eating options ie Cafe Rouge, Nandos, Browns, an Italian.... ideal if you want a choice of options but wish to stay near the hotel.
Radisson Blu has all it needs to be a great hotel but I came away feeling slightly disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a window you can see out of. Ours didn't. It was head height upwards.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you were not fully satisfied with your stay in regards to the room type that you had. Only through guest feedback can we improve our services so I thank you for your feedback.

On your next visit to the hotel please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com and I will ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is rare for me to stay at hotel in this country. My recent experience of staying at the Radisson Blu in Leeds was a very rewarding experience and certainly enhanced the reasons for my visit. I was meeting an Australian friend who I had not seen for many years and it was he that suggest I travel to Leeds to meet up with him. The hotel experience was a real bonus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Unfortunately, the room we had stayed in twice before was not available this time, but we were assured that the one offered was the same, just of the floor below. It proved otherwise, with sheets that were not big enough for the beds, no choice of pillows, a cracked sink, and we had been sited next to two smoking rooms, about which we had no warning. The worst thing, though, was that one part of the window overlooking The Headrow had no handle and was therefore incapable of being properly shut, which, as we pointed out to the staff, would definitely be something of interest to Health Safety. We were promised that we would be better looked after the next time we stay. Will there be a next time?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank acko_10

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not as good as your previous stay. I will ensure that these issues are resolved within the housekeeping department.

On your next visit to Leeds please contact me directly via email valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com and I will ensure that our reception team allocate you a nice room.