“GOOD LOCATION HOWEVER ROOM WAS FILTHY”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“GOOD LOCATION HOWEVER ROOM WAS FILTHY”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Location of this hotel couldnt be better.
We arrived on Tue 8th July and as a treat i had booked my husband and i into a business class room, The room was terrible; very little natural light, cigarette burns in the curtains, stains all over the carpets, 2 spot lights out; neither the desk lamp or the standard lamp were working, bed throw had grubby stains on it too.
When i mentioned this to reception they simply said that they would mention this to the housekeeping team, which to be honest is not acceptable - this hotel claims to have a 100% customer satisfaction policy which i dont believe for one second was adhered to on this occasion

Emailed the hotel direct last week and havent had any response.

Very dissapointing

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura M
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your comments were not handled or actioned upon during your stay.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

Valerie Donaldson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived too late and thay upgrade my business room to business suite for 2 nights and late check out, I highly recommend this hotel.. And it's in the middle of the city ... There is many places around the hotel. Shopping malls Restaurants coffee shops

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We have booked two business class rooms for three nights.
The rooms are comfortable but details, like burnt light bulbs, are not attended to.
That is not a major problem, but the treatment we received last night is.
Four of us returned to the hotel last night, Saturday July 12th at 22:15.
We were all famished after a full day at a busy venue.
I asked at the reception if the restaurant was still open. I was told, sorry the chef has gone already, but room service would be available if we could not find food in the centre.
We returned to the reception around 23:15. I asked if we could have room service at the bar.
The response was:
No, we cannot serve room service at the bar!
I asked why not?
The answer:
There is only two people working at room service, and if the other bar guests see you eating, they may also want to do so!
Incredible answer number 1!

The four of us decided to go to our rooms and organise room service there.
When I then looked for the number of room service, it was nowhere to be found. There is reference to "one touch" dialing for all services. There is no "one touch" button on the phone in my room!

I then went down to the reception around 23:30 to order food and drinks for the four of us.
I was told it would be half an hour.

I called back around 00:34 asking what was happening.
The answer was: Room servica has been busy by a large order, they would attend to ours next so it should be another 10-15 minutes!
Incredible answer number 2!

Needless to say, I cancelled the order.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Belgiananddane

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that the service that your recieved was not up to our usual high standards.

Limerick
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our first trip to Leeds couldnt have gone better. Short flight from dublin, small airport, bus outside the door to get into town (3.80 pp tickets can be bought on board) drops you literally outside the door of the hotel (Headrow Road) .Staff at the hotel were friendly and efficent at all times. Allowed us to check in at 9.30am because rooms were available, which was fantastic after a very early start. Had room 613 which was amazing.. big room looking out onto the main street and art gallery (also worth a visit) Very quiet, very comfortable bed, requested foam pillows instead of the feather ones- nothing was a problem. Staff very friendly. Breakfast delicious and plentiful. Couldnt fault it.Also only a 10 min walk from the Arena and 10 mins from main shopping thoroughfare which is huge! plenty of bars and restaurants in the vicinity too..great trip..would recommend

Room Tip: Room 613 is lovely if you are choosing business room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FionaMaguire

Newcastle
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for just the one night. We got a reasonable deal, the booking was easy, the information was good and the car park was right next door. The staff were pleasant, helpful and efficient and the room was fine - very quirky, colorful and clean. Unfortunately, the air con didn't work (it was unbearably hot) and the bed was very uncomfortable - I can honestly say it was one of the worst nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. The bar wasn't staffed very well so when everyone poured out of the Arena and wanted drinks, some were waiting up to 40 minutes - there were at least 4 beer taps but no beer on tap and no facility to take cash - all very strange! I gave an honest frank feedback in their follow up questionnaire and got no response - perhaps they don't care if their customers are left feeling somewhat short changed - never a good sign!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear that the air condition was not working in the room and that the bar was understaffed when you returned from the Arena. I have taken up your comments with my Maintenance manager and Food and Drink manager to ensure that these issues are resolved. I would like to ensure you that we do take our guest feedback very seriously, and only through this can we improve the service that we offer.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from returning to the hotel.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I picked this hotel based on the Trip advisor reviews and the location , the hotel is even better than my expectations. The location was perfect for the Pearl Jam gig at the First Direct arena , this was an epic gig for us and the hotel was just perfect. Go for a business class room if you can, our room 315 was on the third floor and was huge, with all of the amenities you would expect. We slept like logs after what was an epic, concert from the superb Pearl Jam.
Breakfast was immense, delicious and so much to choose from. The staff were so helpful and genuine.
Thanks once again for making our stay in Leeds superb, we will be back.

Room Tip: Go for a business class room if you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Winnie101

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Convenient central location, with parking in the same complex (The Light). The room was on the 3rd floor and the view through the window was into a central "atrium" which had a covered roof. Therefore little point in opening the window for fresh air as there was none.The lighting in the room was very dim with only a standard lamp, desk lamp and two over bed reading lamps, it has to be the worst form of lighting I have encountered. Beware the miniscule duvet and pillows that are just a bag of air and totally unfunctional.The room was adequate.

Breakfast buffet was very good, but the service was not brilliant,as is usual in a lot of hotels nowadays the staff seem disorganised and unprepared for the fact that the majority of guests will be taking breakfast before 9am !!.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business