“Pleasant staff but terrible accommodation”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We booked a business suite at a cost of over £200 per night. This was not at a peak time e.g.Tour de France or Graduation time however the suite although of a good size was dark, dismal and quite frankly appalling for the amount they charge. The sink in the bathroom had a large crack right across it. Very hygienic ! The dressing table had a burn on the surface. All of this gave us a sense of not wanting to spend any time here.
On a positive note all the staff we encountered were helpful and pleasant. The hotel is in a good location for shopping, dining etc. The breakfast was fine but the whole place needs a refurbishment if they want to continue charging these prices. Would not stay again until changes are made.

1  Thank Francis64
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read that you were happy with the service provided by our staff however a little disappointed that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our usual high standards. I will look into this with housekeeping but I would also encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into your reservation. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a very comfortable room, it was clean and felt luxurious. Breakfast was excellent. Staff were incredibly helpful, professional and friendly. Great location right in the centre of Leeds. Great double glazing meant despite being right in the centre we all had a good nights sleep

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here with friends on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel is in a great location, just 10 minutes walk from the station. There is also a parking deal with an adjacent car park which is in the same building. We didn't eat at the hotel, but the service at the bar and at reception was excellent.

Rooms were comfortable, very quiet (due to them slightly oddly overlooking the interior of a shopping centre) and well appointed. Good TV, lots of hanging space and hangers, trouser press, ironing board, iron, mini-bar and safe.

We were able to leave our bags on checkout which was great.

The price was about average for a city centre hotel however I'd have no complaints about staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Location of this hotel couldnt be better.
We arrived on Tue 8th July and as a treat i had booked my husband and i into a business class room, The room was terrible; very little natural light, cigarette burns in the curtains, stains all over the carpets, 2 spot lights out; neither the desk lamp or the standard lamp were working, bed throw had grubby stains on it too.
When i mentioned this to reception they simply said that they would mention this to the housekeeping team, which to be honest is not acceptable - this hotel claims to have a 100% customer satisfaction policy which i dont believe for one second was adhered to on this occasion

Emailed the hotel direct last week and havent had any response.

Very dissapointing

1  Thank Laura M

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your comments were not handled or actioned upon during your stay.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into the points you have raised. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived too late and thay upgrade my business room to business suite for 2 nights and late check out, I highly recommend this hotel.. And it's in the middle of the city ... There is many places around the hotel. Shopping malls Restaurants coffee shops

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have booked two business class rooms for three nights.
The rooms are comfortable but details, like burnt light bulbs, are not attended to.
That is not a major problem, but the treatment we received last night is.
Four of us returned to the hotel last night, Saturday July 12th at 22:15.
We were all famished after a full day at a busy venue.
I asked at the reception if the restaurant was still open. I was told, sorry the chef has gone already, but room service would be available if we could not find food in the centre.
We returned to the reception around 23:15. I asked if we could have room service at the bar.
The response was:
No, we cannot serve room service at the bar!
I asked why not?
The answer:
There is only two people working at room service, and if the other bar guests see you eating, they may also want to do so!
Incredible answer number 1!

The four of us decided to go to our rooms and organise room service there.
When I then looked for the number of room service, it was nowhere to be found. There is reference to "one touch" dialing for all services. There is no "one touch" button on the phone in my room!

I then went down to the reception around 23:30 to order food and drinks for the four of us.
I was told it would be half an hour.

I called back around 00:34 asking what was happening.
The answer was: Room servica has been busy by a large order, they would attend to ours next so it should be another 10-15 minutes!
Incredible answer number 2!

Needless to say, I cancelled the order.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Belgiananddane

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that the service that your recieved was not up to our usual high standards.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our first trip to Leeds couldnt have gone better. Short flight from dublin, small airport, bus outside the door to get into town (3.80 pp tickets can be bought on board) drops you literally outside the door of the hotel (Headrow Road) .Staff at the hotel were friendly and efficent at all times. Allowed us to check in at 9.30am because rooms were available, which was fantastic after a very early start. Had room 613 which was amazing.. big room looking out onto the main street and art gallery (also worth a visit) Very quiet, very comfortable bed, requested foam pillows instead of the feather ones- nothing was a problem. Staff very friendly. Breakfast delicious and plentiful. Couldnt fault it.Also only a 10 min walk from the Arena and 10 mins from main shopping thoroughfare which is huge! plenty of bars and restaurants in the vicinity too..great trip..would recommend

Room Tip: Room 613 is lovely if you are choosing business room
1  Thank FionaMaguire