“I love You - Radisson Blu”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brentwood UK
“I love You - Radisson Blu”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived at 21:10, tired and ready for bed. Got upgraded on an already up grade! The Junior Suite I lovely with Nespresso coffee machine, slippers and dressing gown! I'm only disappointed that I do not get the chance to try everything out! I did try the mini bar tho!!

Room Tip: Top floor is the suites so ask for one, you never know if they will upgrade or not!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Leeds Radisson Blu recently. Check-in was friendly and efficient. A request for some green tea bags was responded to very promptly indeed.

Our party had 2 rooms and both were disappointing. The rooms have a decent floor space but the room layout is very poor with a desk and TV cutting the rooms in two, making them feel cramped. The room also looked out over an internal space and a corridor and had very little natural light which made the room feel dark.

The toiletries seem to be rationed - the small bar of soap which we almost exhausted on our first night wasn't replaced for our second night. We didn't try the breakfast and so cannot comment on that.

For those with Club Carlson status note that my Gold card afforded me no benefits during this stay. One of the poorer Radisson Blus in the UK portfolio. I won't be rushing back.

Tip: Whilst car parking in Leeds is expensive note that you can park on the road outside the hotel from 6pm until 8am for just £2.

1 Thank TimeZoneHopper
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your special requests and check in experience was up to our usual high standards, however disappointed that you were not happy with the quality of our rooms and that you were not recognised as a gold Club Carlson member. I would like to apologise for this and I will ensure that further training is conducted with our Front Office Team.

On your next visit please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com so I can ensure that you have a better stay with us to restore your faith in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Working in the area and staying at this hotel, this is my 3rd week of many more to come so thought I would leave an initial feedback. Firstly all the staff are pleasant attentive and provide assistance and advise if you ask. The hotel is located in a complex of shops and restaurants so there is a place to eat, also there is a Virgin gym and a cinema all within the same complex. I haven't ventured out of the hotel for food but that should give you an indication that the food and service within the hotel is very good and of a good quality and presentation.

The hotel is associated with the virgin gym so you can get a ticket to gain entry to the gym which is what you would expect from a virgin gym plenty of kit and a reasonable swimming pool of 20m length.

I have stayed in 3 different rooms so far and all have been clean and well presented the style is contemporary warehouse in my view. The only thing to consider would be if your a light sleeper and want an early night the having a room that looks out onto the shops then there can be a bit of noise but didn't bother me.

There is a Q-park multi story car park that is a 5 min walk and all within the same building. I f you arrive after I think 17:30 and leave before 8:00 or slightly later then it's only £7 to park.

I will provide another update as I continue to stay in this hotel, but for now very happy

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Chesterfield
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great place, the staff couldn't do enough ,friendly helpful, prompt service, situated well close to many restaurants ,5 mins walk from train station , ample choice for a great breakfast , thoroughly enjoyed our stay looking forward to returning : )

Stayed July 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We had two adjoining rooms...In one the bedside ledge was broken. The rooms were dark and dingy. Floors desperately needed cleaning and polishing...but the grossest, most unhygienic thing...The beds only had a sheet on them...no mattress protector. And the sheet was too small for the bed...so essentially the sheet ends up balled up and you end up lying in the sweat and god knows what else of every other guest. My 4 year old now has rashes all over his arms. Never again. I don't mind simple 2 star on occasion...but this place was disgusting.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RosieCD2000
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our usual high standards. I will look into this with housekeeping but I would also encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into your reservation. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

decent sizes room and the hotel was in a good location ,bathroom had been poorly cleaned, dirty marks on the tiles by the door which I started to clean off ,yellow stains close by and a wall tile lying on the floor which had fallen off but had been left. Woke up 4am to a very noisy air conditioning system on the roof. Phoned reception who said they would have a look -heard nothing so phoned again 15 minutes later and demanded a room change -did change room but they should not be putting people in rooms that noisy

Room Tip: Don't stop on the 5th floor
1 Thank rob h
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 19 July 2014

I am disappointed that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our usual high standards and that you did not have a comfortable stay. I will look into this with housekeeping but I would also encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience so that I can look into your reservation. Please contact me directly via email Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Can't praise this hotel highly enough.... My experience is based primarily upon my interactions with staff members and the room, facilities offered. The staff are so friendly and helpful, especially Amy on reception. My room was of an excellent standard, loads of room. Happy customer:-)

Room Tip: 550 massive and beautiful
1 Thank Dawn H
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed onto Amy as I am sure she will be delighted!