“Good place to stay in centre of Leeds”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #14 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Good place to stay in centre of Leeds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed to go to the Mod and Ska Festival in Millenium Square - hotel is literally just around the corner so greatly placed. We booked the business suite to include breakfast. Room was lovely, very spacious and clean. The only let down was the quality of the duvet which was poor. Pillows were just so comfy. Service is good. Prices in the bar are reasonable. Hotel is very clean. Breakfast is buffet which again, great, go back and have more if you wish.
Would definitely stay again. Don't expect anything special laid on if its a special occasions ... it was my husbands 50th and I had informed them and usually hotels will also put a little chocolate cake in the room or something nice to make it a bit more special.

Room Tip: Business Class Room 545 .. spacious and clean
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hector726
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Barnsley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is in an ideal location, very close for all shopping eating and drinking, only 5 minutes walk from train station. Booked a double room which was very spacious and clean and all you need for an over night/ weekend stay. Very helpful at reception when booking in gave us directions and advise for all we needed. Only gripe i have is i emailed the hotel when we booked and again the day before we arrived to see if we could check in slightly earlier but i never had a response which i think is a little poor on thier part, other than that perfect hotel in perfect location.

Room Tip: Room 431 no noise good nights sleep.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

In late July, my wife and I visited Leeds, when our son graduated from Leeds College of Music. Since the ceremony was in Leeds Town Hall, the Radisson was the ideal place to stay and somewhere that we had visited before on a number of occasions.

The room was fine, the food good and the service acceptable. However, having booked via an agency website for two nights at a very good rate, we were annoyed when the receptionist tried to charge us almost £20 per night more. In the end, the matter was resolved to our satisfaction but only on the morning of our departure and then after a very long and convoluted discussion.

I would stay there again but I will check the room rate before checking in!

Room Tip: The rooms facing on to the atrium of The Light are quieter than one might think.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bear_in_town
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I would like to apologise for the error with your booking. I will follow this up with our reservation team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The Radisson Blu in Leeds is ideally located in the city centre. The major shopping area is within walking distance.

The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped.

The level of service is exemplary and the staff were very helpful.

An excellent experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 1 August 2014

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After last week at the frankly awful Cosmopolitan Hotel in the Briggate, I was prepared for disappointment.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by Radisson Blu Leeds: everything seems to be in precisely the right measure. Check in was efficient. WiFi works and is fast. TV works(!) and is huuuuuuuge. Room is good. Bed is big. Even though, on balance, this would have been less than £20 more expensive per night than the awful place I stayed last week, this is streets ahead.

Sadly, I'm leaving tomorrow but I'll be back next week. Keep it up, Radisson Blu!

Room Tip: Rooms that face into the building are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I booked 1 nights accommodation at this hotel for the 4th of July to ensure myself and my wife were well placed at the start line for the Tour de France Grand Depart. The front entrance basically looks over the start line. To ensure we got this hotel I booked it in December 2012, a full 1.5 years prior to the event. In the weeks leading up to the event, I called the hotel to ensure all was still well with the booking. I was told "yes, all is well. We look forward to welcoming you".
On the day itself, we arrived to find a past TDF winner, and various dignitaries, in the hotel reception/bar area. Great, I thought. We couldn't be any closer to the action. Upon trying to check in however, we were told that there had been a problem with the booking system and that there was no room for us. To cut a long story short, they packed us off down the road to their Park Plaza hotel, near the rail station. Park Plaza tried to charge us a further £125 in order to stay there, then stuck us in a room which backed on to 3 lift shafts which were so noisy it was impossible to sleep.
Radisson offered us a weekend away at "any" of their hotels by way of recompense (which, when the official offer was emailed to me actually excludes any London hotels, which was the only place we would have considered).
Suffice to say, the whole experience was absolutely terrible and ruined a weekend that, as a huge cycling fan, I'd been looking forward to for a long time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank nealeevans1
Dear Mr. Evans,

The management of the company and the hotel have both personally apologised for this administrative error that resulted in the hotel being overbooked and unable to honour your reservation. We were able to provide you with alternative accommodation at a hotel located just 5 minutes from the Radisson Blu, completely at our cost.

In addition, we have also offered a 2 night complimentary stay including dinner for one night at any of our properties outside of London, to try and make up for your disappointment which we believe is fair compensation for any inconvenience that was caused.

We are disappointed that you now feel this offer is inadequate however should you reconsider please contact our Area office as indicated in the offer and we will ensure your stay reflects our usual excellent levels of service.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

A great stay in a great hotel. Perfect location for all venues. Staff friendly. Lovely breakfast. A very spacious hotel both in the rooms and the public areas. Staff on reception were extremely helpful and even managed to check us in early. always a good point for me as I like to leave my bags and enjoy my stay from the moment I arrive. Well done!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family