“Authentic thai food & great value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Aroy Dee - MOVED

Thai Aroy Dee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Quarry Hill
England
“Authentic thai food & great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

First time at Thai Aroy Dee - after reading reviews on TA, decided to book a table and I'm glad we did. It was very busy as it was a Friday night and they had to turn people away - its a small informal restaurant so don't expect anything fancy. But the food was SO GOOD!! Lots to choose from and great value dishes. In fact, it was so good, that it enticed us to go back for their good value lunch menu the following day as well! Again, very busy but worth the wait! Clearly very popular with locals as all seems genuine Thai food. Highly recommended, will return if we visit Leeds again!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Love the food here it never disappoints. Definitely my favourite restaurant in Leeds and will recommend it to anyone.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“My favourite Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Quite simply this place is my favourite Thai eatery. The food is always tasty and you can tell it's made authentically. My favourite dish is one of special menu dishes that includes glass noodles, veg and prawns fried in Thai herbs, so tasty.

The place is always popular so I'd suggest booking just to make sure you aren't disappointed. Fingers crossed this place can relocate when they finally make the east gate development or this place and e friendly staff would be highly missed.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AdamSYorkshire
Leeds
“Exceptional Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Been before and know how good it is, our lunch visit seems to have exceeded expectations. Today I have eaten a simply the best Thai green curry I ever had. A wonderful thing :-)

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Authentic and tasty but not mindblowing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I've been a couple of times over the last month, once for the weekday lunchtime meal deal by myself and once with the OH for a bite to eat in the evening.

Firstly the food is lovely, very well made and yummy. The service is great too, very friendly but not overly familiar.

However, there is something...missing. I'm not sure what it is. The Pad Ga Phrao is nice and definitely with holy basil, which is always a plus but without a fried egg which is always a letdown. The Tom Yam is tasty albeit the tofu could do with being flash grilled before dropping in.

However, something about how the tables are all squished together so you can't have a private conversation, the way the chef keeps walking past you with a big bucket of dirty dish water and something about the food just leaves me...I'm not sure. Unsatisfied, maybe.

All in all though, it is pleasant and certainly worth the lunchtime menu price so I will be back if stuck for food at that end of town (if they'll have me!)

Visited April 2014