“Mackenzie's first design”

Alwoodley Golf Club
Ranked #13 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Alwoodley is a Top 100 championship course, open to visitors by prior arrangement. Details and green fees can be found on our website.
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Super nice staff and members with some beautiful holes. Be prepared for a great walk. Typical English course with some rough spots in the fairways and slow greens. Well equipped shop but clubhouse needs a coat of paint and new carpet. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Samuraigolfer

Reviewed 1 July 2008

Thanks Trip advisor for your details on activities around Leeds. I am a keen golfer and used your site to find suitable places that I could play while up on business last month. I visited Alwoodley Golf Club and enjoyed the experience very much. It was a relaxing way to spend my time off. I stayed in some serviced apartments in Leeds city centre, and found that the change of scenery of the course was just what I needed after meetings during the morning. I would recommend golf as a great way to relax after work. Add to that, staying in really nice accommodation helps too. The Chambers (where I stayed), came highly recommended, and did not disappoint either. I had everything I needed to have a relaxing and classy end to each day, the golf helped me to relax and then I was ready for business the next day. Your site gives good advice on what to do with my spare time and I intend to visit more of your recommended attractions, upon my next visit.