“Average at best”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Average at best”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Played here a few days ago just after the bank holiday and must say wasn't impressed with the layout at all. Don't get me wrong there are some good holes but these are overshadowed by some absolute horrors!
The 3rd is probably one of the worst par 5s I've ever played and then in the back 9 they put 2 par 3s straight after each other as if they ran out of room.
The condition of the course was ok but very wet considering the weather had been fairly decent so not sure what it would be like in winter, I would imagine unplayable.

I did however like the quirky clubhouse. It's a beautiful old barn type building. It's only small and it's like going back in time to an old school working mans club but I kind of liked it. Plus the staff were very good. There was a plaque on the wall saying they had just won English Golfs Club of the Year. I'm not being funny here but I'm assuming the actual golf course is nothing to do with the criteria for this?

To be fair, it was cheap to play so I can see the appeal but not one we'll be coming back to I'm afraid.

Playing in Cheshire at Vale Royal Abbey next so look out for my next review.

2 Thank Joe J

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cookridge Hall Health & Fitness”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Attending a function here last week. Excellent staff, food superb, great atmosphere I was surprised. Visiting a Waltham club fr a private function worried but they put on a great event. Even got a free day trial to use gym, I be back for sure.

Visited January 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Strange course spoiled by a few quirky holes and a driving range stuck in the middle. A strange use of man made water features which do not form any hazard on some holes. 3rd hole has to be one of the worst Par 5's I have played.
Overall very average course but reasonable value for money if that is what you expect for your money

Visited December 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely Brilliant!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Came here for the day with my friend for a pre- wedding spa day booked through Living Social. We have never visited before and were very pleasantly surprised by the beautiful building and fountain as we drove up. All the staff were polite, friendly and efficient.. particularly the chap seeving us at the bar.

The gym is amazing, the changing rooms are spotless, hairdryers, soap in the showers.. bring your own padlock or leave a £5 deposit to hire own for the lockers. Lunch was excellent vfm and tasted great..a panini and an omelette
for £6!

The treatments included in the offer were fabulous.. well carried out, sooo relaxing, professional and lovely products. And again the staff were super.

All in all a brilliant day and a total bargain for £34.. we will DEFINITELY return!!!

Visited November 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great party venue!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I organised a party for my husband's 40th and my daughter's 1st birthday. I found the events manager extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. She made valid suggestions to help me along the way as this was the first party I had planned. I was extremely nervous and rather stressed on the day of the party and was worried when I found that my events manager had her day off on the day!! I needn't have worried, the bar manager and staff had been made fully aware of the party schedule and could not have been more amenable, I was so impressed with how organised everything was. I had booked a live band for the evening who were also very well accommodated by the staff. I had decided to feed my guests hot sandwiches and potato wedges. It was served piping hot and there was plenty of it, it just seemed to keep coming out of the kitchen!!!!! The bar manager kept me updated with information throughout the evening which I was grateful of. The evening was a huge success!!! I will definitely be recommending Cookridge Hall to my friends as a great venue for an event!!!!

Visited November 2013