“Lovely theatre, can't wait to go back.”
Review of Grand Theatre

Grand Theatre
Ranked #17 of 153 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the heart of Leeds, the Grand Theatre opened in 1878 and has been entertaining people ever since. With a wide programme from musicals to stand-up, opera to drama and ballet to family shows, there's bound to be something that you'll enjoy.
York, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Lovely theatre, can't wait to go back.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have seen several shows here in the last few months and have enjoyed every one. This theatre is simply stunning. Still has its old-fashioned appeal and the most stunning chandelier hangs over the stalls. Nice friendly staff, well organised bar and good facilities. A larger choice of ice-creams would be a bonus for me. I usually book my tickets online and have found this system to be very efficient. I was at the matinee of Shrek yesterday and I cannot wait to go back to enjoy another great show. This theatre can be found very easily within the City Centre. Brilliant!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Helpful staff and a gereat show”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Disabled access in a Victorian theatre is bound to be awkward but the helpful staff made this as easy as possible. The disabled space in the auditorium provided a great view of the stage and Wicked is a fantastic show. When 2000 plus people stand as one and cheer the cast you know you have been part of a special evening.

Visited June 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful Theatre”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I saw Wicked on tour here in July 2014, from the minute I stepped in I felt the theatre's atmosphere and character, the bar's prices are reasonable but very small and as a tall person I usually struggle with leg room in theatres but at the Grand Theatre I had no problem, the seats were comfortable and I had lots of leg room which made the visit even more enjoyable.

Leeds, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A wonderful theatre”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This theatre, like the City Varieties, is steeped in history. The seats are quite comfortable and the bar is excellent. The ice cream is a tad expensive, but the ginger flavour is gorgous.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor customer serice”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a couple constantly talking throughout the production that we attended and kindly asked them to be quiet - this didn't work so we spoke to the Leeds Grand Theatre foh staff, who to my shock told us to sort it out ourselves. We then complained to a higher person within the theatre, who showed no interest at all, this is why I have given them one star (although it should be zero stars).

Poor customer service, unprofessional and rude staff and the theatre does not take too kindly to complaints. They need to implement a strong customer service procedure and not ask their patrons to resolve disputes themselves because the theatre does not feel like sorting it out. I will take my custom else where.

4 Thank ellenj86