“Totally IMPRESSED!”

Ranked #15 of 1,857 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$16 - US$26
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and sample a taste of Turkey at Ephesus, the real famous Turkish restaurant based in Leeds, UK.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Totally IMPRESSED!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been to this restaurant 3 times now and also recommended to a friend. Its simply amazing! Always busy every evening and not surprised! The food is delicious and the deal of 2 courses for £12.99 is excellent. Staff are friendly and efficient. Atmosphere is great!

I have only one small 'moan' and its that they don't serve lager in pints. The small bottles are £3 each which is equivalent of £6 or more a pint which makes for expensive drinking, but I'm not knocking any marks off for that cos the place is awesome!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank John F

• Turkish first
Leeds
“Excellent dining”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and my partner went here just on a whim and we are definately going to go back.
The food was beautiful, i have even tried to recreate the dish i tried myself it was that good, the service was top class not to over the top but enough to know they cared about their customers.
Definately one to revisit. :-)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank LeedsDolphin10_1
Pudsey, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, fabulously priced food, 1 minor quibble”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I moved just around the corner from this "hidden gem" of a restaurant in April 2013 and it took me quite a few months before I actually went there.

The fact that I then returned there only a few weeks later, spoke volumes about the place.

The food is unbelievably well priced...

3 courses for £20 every day and 2 courses for £12.99 between 11am and 10pm (I think) Sunday to Thursday?

For those prices you'd think the food wouldn't be that good, but how wrong could you be if you did think that.

Full of flavour, really filling, properly hearty Turkish fare...oh and the choice is fabulous too, my friend and I kept changing our minds the 2nd time we went there.

Service on both occasions was very quick and super friendly, the only minor quibble I had was that on both occasions, we waited a fair while for the bill and had to request it and also on both occasions there were was a slight mistake made on the bill with overcharging.

It wasn't a significant amount and on both occasions these mistakes were resolved quickly.

I wish TripAdvisor could allow 4.5 stars to be given because this minor quibble didn't in any way detract from the enjoyment afforded by the rest of each meal and I will be a returning customer here for many years to come, without a doubt.

Some of the negative reviews of this place must have been made by people expecting Michelin star quality food from a place that charges less than a quarter of the price of such lauded restaurants...reality check need for them therefore methinks! :-)

Highly recommended if you like good hearty food at a great price and aren't a food snob :-)

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Mike B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A very good experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first time at The Ephesus and what a really good experience. The food was brilliant, the staff were friendly and efficient and the atmosphere very good. We were really made to feel welcome. Definitely going back.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Martin H
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Used to be 5*”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We have been regulars here for a while and unfortunately they have become victims of their own success.
The food is still excellent quality and totally faultless but they have lost the charm they had when it was a small intimate restaurant. The sambuca shot at the end of the meal was always a nice touch and now if they remember you get a cheap shot of something nasty.
New customers will probably see the quality of the food and the restaurant will continue to do well but I think it's likely he may loose a few regulars - I for one won't be rushing back!

2 Thank KTandPM