“Exactly what we needed”

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we needed”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Travelodge Leeds Central in January this year. We stayed 2 nights over the weekend and found the rooms were super clean, being located near the train station and a busy road we thought noise would be an issue, however it wasn't the case at all. The hotel is in the prime location, if like us - you don't want to travel too far to get to the bars and clubs of Leeds. We didn't pay the extra for breakfast. But we're given the option of paying ��10 to check in early which was fab. The staff were all lovely and the place was immaculate. Would recommend for people who are only wanting a place to rest their heads, rather than luxury. Great value for money. Would definitely return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

stopped at travel lodge leeds central good hotel very friendly staff especially emma and pat they were most helpful the hotel nice and clean good sized bedroom good bathroom nice and clean good all round for night life and shopping and will stop at the hotel again

Room Tip: pressed wrong key no fit/pool
Lancashire
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Visited this hotel for 5 nights last month. I have stayed at the hotel in the past, and had some idea as to what to expect. The room was comfortable, well maintained, the breakfast was good, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is good, within easy walking distance of the railway station and the city centre. I should mention, however, that the quickest route to both the railway station and city centre, is through a rather dark passage under the railway line. Some people my find this a bit intimidating, although I have to say I did not experience anything which caused me any concern. In addition the dark passage is short. Apart from this, the visit was fine. I would certainly return again, and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the back are close to the railway line, which may be noisy during the night. However, I unde...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Tough to fault this hotel. Staff were particularly friendly. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable. We were a stag party and were still treated in a professional manner. Location really good, i.e. 10 min walk from centre / 10 min taxi ride to Headingley. Bar / cafe is limited, but good quality and service. Great value for the money paid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here mid-July summer 2013. It was the worst experience I have had in a Travelodge anywhere in the UK. I booked a family room for myself and two other friends. The staff is rude, unfriendly, unprofessional! And this is the only hotel that BANS my friends/guests from visiting after 10:00 P.M. Horrible!!! Why should staff prohibit friends from coming to the room, this is not a convent or a hospital! I paid for the room so staff don't have the right to tell that to customers! Staff looks at us from head to foot, very condescendingly, does not even smile. Horrible!!! And don't bother greeting them 'Good morning' or 'Hello' as young blonde staff does no courtesy at all! I can't believe this Travelodge has better ratings than the other one in Leeds.

Room Tip: Don't ever greet staff as they are not taught proper courtesy at all!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jemima L
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Leeds Central, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We are sorry to learn of the poor service you received Jem C. We can confirm that the admission of visitors for our guests staying at the hotel during a certain time will be down to the discretion of the hotel manager. We would however expect our staff to provide a great service so it is regrettable to learn you found them to be rude and unfriendly, we will be sure to pass on your comments to the hotel management team so that they can remind their staff of the importance of customer care.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here with my partner and 20 other guest's of my wedding that i was having in leeds.
Reception the girls on reception really friendly and helpful such a nice team
Bedroom was nice and has a facelift since my last visit very comfortable and nice big pillows.
Housekeeping this is where i felt let down on the second day the housekeeper knocked and asked if i wanted the room serviced i said no but could i have a few sachets of coffee i was told no it was not allowed i thought it was a bit petty but i will give the benefit of doubt maybe its company policy but when i spoke to my wedding guests of whom so where on other floors they had no problems getting more coffee,tea and milk thats my moan.
but overall i would recommend a stay here.

1 Thank deano223
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Leeds Central, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your review dulais. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with your room. Extra teabags and coffee sachets are available upon request, therefore we are very sorry to learn of the poor service you received from our staff. Your comments will be passed to our Hotel Management team so they are able to address these issues and remind staff of the importance of customer care and attention to detail.
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

In the past i have stayed in travelodges and have had a really nice stay but on the 18th of feb me and a group of friends stayed in this one at leeds and had the worst experience of my life we come in from a party and when we got to bed at 5:00 we had a knock at the door from one of staff from reception saying that there has been a complaint about us making noise.
About 5min later she walks back in saying that we have been evicted we was in shock so we packed our stuff and went down to the lobby they told us to leave the hotel as one of my friends still had a room we asked if we could stay in the lobby for a bit but the man at the desk said no as he would loose his job.
We are a group of girls aged around 17-20 and they told us we had to leave the hotel my friend who still had the room got told because she was friends with us she had to leave the hotel but could come back a 7:00 and that we could come back to her room as well.
so at 6:00 in the morning we had to find somewhere safe to go, when we got back to the hotel anther women asked us where we was going and w said to her what happened and she told us we could go back to her room but had to have a meeting with the manager as we all my loose our rooms.
when in our friends room we all felt really scared and uncomfortable, we had our meeting with the manager at 11 and after talking to her about what happened she let us have our rooms back.
That night when me and my friends the lady who had evicted was really nice to us she was like a different person, she even admitted to us that we did nothing wrong the night we got chucked out, she said the lady that complained about us was even making complaints about us when we was even in the room.
they said that they had refunded that lady for all 3 of the nights that she had stayed there but we was only there for her last night.
That was the worst exspeirance i have ever had in had in a hotel that has never happened to me before

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jade S
We are concerned to learn of the experience you had at our Leeds Central Travelodge Jade S. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted so that we are able to investigate this matter in more detail. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.