“Excellent location”

Travelodge Leeds Central
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Clean and tidy Travelodge in a fantastic location right in the heart of Leeds. Car park next door. Very welcoming staff, nice double room, reasonably priced bar. We would definitely stay here again. We didn't use the pool or gym.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Travelodge Leeds Central in January this year. We stayed 2 nights over the weekend and found the rooms were super clean, being located near the train station and a busy road we thought noise would be an issue, however it wasn't the case at all. The hotel is in the prime location, if like us - you don't want to travel too far to get to the bars and clubs of Leeds. We didn't pay the extra for breakfast. But we're given the option of paying ��10 to check in early which was fab. The staff were all lovely and the place was immaculate. Would recommend for people who are only wanting a place to rest their heads, rather than luxury. Great value for money. Would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

stopped at travel lodge leeds central good hotel very friendly staff especially emma and pat they were most helpful the hotel nice and clean good sized bedroom good bathroom nice and clean good all round for night life and shopping and will stop at the hotel again

Room Tip: pressed wrong key no fit/pool
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Visited this hotel for 5 nights last month. I have stayed at the hotel in the past, and had some idea as to what to expect. The room was comfortable, well maintained, the breakfast was good, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is good, within easy walking distance of the railway station and the city centre. I should mention, however, that the quickest route to both the railway station and city centre, is through a rather dark passage under the railway line. Some people my find this a bit intimidating, although I have to say I did not experience anything which caused me any concern. In addition the dark passage is short. Apart from this, the visit was fine. I would certainly return again, and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the back are close to the railway line, which may be noisy during the night. However, I unde...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Tough to fault this hotel. Staff were particularly friendly. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable. We were a stag party and were still treated in a professional manner. Location really good, i.e. 10 min walk from centre / 10 min taxi ride to Headingley. Bar / cafe is limited, but good quality and service. Great value for the money paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here mid-July summer 2013. It was the worst experience I have had in a Travelodge anywhere in the UK. I booked a family room for myself and two other friends. The staff is rude, unfriendly, unprofessional! And this is the only hotel that BANS my friends/guests from visiting after 10:00 P.M. Horrible!!! Why should staff prohibit friends from coming to the room, this is not a convent or a hospital! I paid for the room so staff don't have the right to tell that to customers! Staff looks at us from head to foot, very condescendingly, does not even smile. Horrible!!! And don't bother greeting them 'Good morning' or 'Hello' as young blonde staff does no courtesy at all! I can't believe this Travelodge has better ratings than the other one in Leeds.

Room Tip: Don't ever greet staff as they are not taught proper courtesy at all!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jemima L
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Leeds Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We are sorry to learn of the poor service you received Jem C. We can confirm that the admission of visitors for our guests staying at the hotel during a certain time will be down to the discretion of the hotel manager. We would however expect our staff to provide a great service so it is regrettable to learn you found them to be rude and unfriendly, we will be sure to pass on your comments to the hotel management team so that they can remind their staff of the importance of customer care.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here with my partner and 20 other guest's of my wedding that i was having in leeds.
Reception the girls on reception really friendly and helpful such a nice team
Bedroom was nice and has a facelift since my last visit very comfortable and nice big pillows.
Housekeeping this is where i felt let down on the second day the housekeeper knocked and asked if i wanted the room serviced i said no but could i have a few sachets of coffee i was told no it was not allowed i thought it was a bit petty but i will give the benefit of doubt maybe its company policy but when i spoke to my wedding guests of whom so where on other floors they had no problems getting more coffee,tea and milk thats my moan.
but overall i would recommend a stay here.

1  Thank deano223
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Leeds Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your review dulais. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with your room. Extra teabags and coffee sachets are available upon request, therefore we are very sorry to learn of the poor service you received from our staff. Your comments will be passed to our Hotel Management team so they are able to address these issues and remind staff of the importance of customer care and attention to detail.