“Good food but restaurant uncomfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #918 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Good food but restaurant uncomfortable”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Good always good here, although not always presented great when busy. However, the restaurant atmosphere lets this place down. It is always too cold, the tables are cramped together and there are huge damp patched all over the ceiling. Glass wear and cutlery often smeery - all in all ok for a quick bite but place needs work!

• Visited August 2013

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Love this place!!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Always 100% every time we visit - well done. The food is excellent & the staff cannot do enough for you at Pizza Express Headingley. This is a great place to dine if you are in Headingley as a family with children. Most of the pubs don't allow children in after 9pm

Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Tired and slow service”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have been going to Pizza Express since my first one in the early 1980s in London. I recently took a part of 8 for my daughters 18th. Service was SLOW. Only one chef and two serving staff on duty. Another table walked out and the restaurant was half empty yet they were turning people away. I took three hours to finish our meal. Several dishes did not have all the ingredients. Has Pizza Express lost its way????

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice attentive and friendly staff”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I like Pizza Express, you know what you are going to get and it is always of a good standard. The difference for me to each restaurant is the staff. The position and the atmosphere of this restaurant is very nice too.

In this Horsforth restaurant I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. My son was recently diagnosed diabetic and although they didn't have the carbs on the menu the maitre d'/manager went out of his way to try and find an old menu or takeaway menu to track down what he could.

Unfortunately he didn't find anything but said he would report back to the head office the need to add this dietry requirement which I thought was very considerate.

• Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I'm a big fan of Pizza Express in general and as I've recently moved to Horsforth, I thought I'd check it out.

Me and my wife were seated quickly by a friendly waitress and served promptly.
The food was great as it always has been in other branches and all in all was a great experience.

I will be returning regularly.

• Visited July 2013