“2 Hotels 1 Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midlands
“2 Hotels 1 Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I visited this hotel with friends inthe week in order to go to the galleries and boutiques in Leeds. It was a great location We loved our executive rooms the fixtures were of a very good standard and we were very comfortable. We had a few difficulties with internet access which is via a cable but the staff could not have been more helpful.

However in one room there was a glass screen between the bed and the bathroom. This screen could be made into opaque glass but this still let through light and noise which wasn't ideal. I used the gym and sauna and was very pleased with them.

There are a several good restaurants just across the road. There is one that specialises in breakfast if you don't fancy the rather steep cost in the hotel.

I stayed on to the weekend and the hotel became a much less pleasant place. Large groups of singles took over and the hotel became rowdy and crowded. The rooms are insulated and there was no traffic noise, but it was difficult to sleep on Saturday night because of the drunken groups. At one point in the day a group of loud argumentative lads took over the lobby and as a lone woman I felt uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for leaving positive feedback regarding your stay.

I appreciate your kind comments regariding the room and staff, we are proud of our new refurbished bedroom, it is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback.

With regards to the noise over weekend, we have no record of this been reported,
I am confident that our Duty Manager on shift will respond and take action to any issues that may occur.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Although all Novotels look the same, they are still great places to stay and the Leeds one is no different. After a very friendly welcome I was able to settle into my superior room (£10 extra). My room had been refurbished and was very well done out. My only gripe was that there is no bath, but it's not such a big deal for just a one night stay.

I had room service, as I'd arrived late, which was very nice. I had the burger and it was well cooked with some decent chips on the side. The breakfast the next morning was also good: usual buffet style with lots of choice.

The best part is the location; just a few minutes walk from Leeds station. Even dragging my suitcase in the cold was no problem. Perfect location for me.

Overall, a great hotel. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I opted for a superior room, which only cost £10 extra and it was well worth it!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are proud of our new superior rooms, it is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback from guests, thank you.

I will be happy to share your comments with the food and beverage staff regarding the room service.

Hook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

An ideal stay with 2 small children, their mother and Granny for 2 dull March days. All staff were very helpful, particularly in seeing that we could have two rooms near each other. The hotel had a small children's playroom. Room service good. A blocked bathroom basin was promptly dealt with. Can recommend Leeds Museum, a short walk through the city which allows one to see some splendid buildings. The Museum has a good children's play area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am happy to see you enjoyed your trip to Leeds.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel, I will share your comments with the team who will be delighted to read them and see they had an impact on your stay.

Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Hotel very close to station and near to business location. Less than £60 incl breakfast excellent value, decent sized room, breakfast very good. Only slight downside was I didn't sleep very well as bed a bit too soft, but that is a personal choice. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

nice hotel.. lovely rooms large and spacious...

tv channel selection is poor and the price for the internet at £9.99 is a shocker.

for the room price we paid it wasn;t cheap and considering everything in the hotel is pricey by the time you add on breakfast £16 and the internet cost the room for night was 119 pounds almost.

not value for money and would only recommend this hotel if you get a good price eg £49-59

breakfast isnt woth £16 and the accor brand customer service is disgraceful.. we emailed them 4 times and no response at all.. its off putting when there is no customer service.

an ok hotel for the money but that's all it is.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
I appreciate you taking time to leave feedback.

I am pleased to confirm as of June 2013 we will have free wifi throughout the hotel.

We do serve breakfast for £13.95 per person, this does include a full buffet breakfast, on our website we do also promote a special offer for breakfast at just £8.95 per person based on pre payment.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience of you not getting a response from the hotel prior to arrival, I can assure you I will be personally looking into this.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

First appearances are good for the hotel, the Lobby is nice, restaurant looks good - modern, spacious and the staff are friendly.
The rooms...Bathroom looks modern, the shower is fantastic, good pressure as well as temperature (lets you get it just right).
The rest of the room looks a bit dated and drab to be honest. The bed was a bit hard (not due to a hard mattress, more...lack of mattress) so I resorted to sleeping on top of the duvet for comfort.
I felt the room wasn’t super clean, just a few things like a huge long hair on the bathroom wall when I arrived and other bits so I gave it a bit of a wipe in high traffic areas, light switches etc and the wipe was a bit yellow after which wasn’t that great.
Wifi....they have no free internet option, not even a BT Hub or anything to connect onto - they have Orange internet which you have to pay EUROS for and is really expensive with many exclusions. LAN internet was available but in this day and age with iPhones and iPads, it was not great.
As I was working close by I nipped back to watch TV on my lunch every now and then and I was shocked at the amount of human traffic that went in and out of my room - every time I was on lunch I had some random hotel worker attempting to get in my room for "maintenance" or "just checking" reasons....make your own mind up about this...
I would stay again if it was a one nighter but anything longer and I would look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I appreciate your comments regarding the staff, I will be sure to share this with the team.

Thank you for your feedback, we do run regular maintenance work on bedrooms, which is to check everything is in working order, also our housekeeping management do also need to check rooms after they have been cleaned to ensure they are to Novotel standard. If you do have any concerns please feel free to contact myself directly on 0113 2426446.

I am also pleased to confirm as from June 2013, Novotel Leeds will have free wifi around the hotel.