“Would go again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Would go again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Such a pleasant visit! Staff were friendly polite and happy to help! Rooms were nice and prices were reasonable. Great central location with fab views of the city. The breakfast was fantastic! Not really more needs saying!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a course. The location is excellent within just a few minutes of the train station, the room was clean and the bed comfy - but disappointingly the service was hopeless! When you travel alone for work you don't want to be left sitting in the restaurant for over an hour waiting for dinner. Apparently some computer fault meant my order wasn't received in the kitchen and by the time my meal was finally cooked, I was just past eating it. The bath plug wouldn't work, so the bath filled up with shower water and I had an allergic reaction to the complimentary soap, so use your own if you have sensitive skin. I had to request the refund on the cost of dinner myself, so very poor customer service even when things went wrong. I would avoid returning unless I had to.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Please allow me to apologise for the issues encountered during your stay.

With regards to the service in the restaurant, this will be investigated by our Food and Beverage Service Manager.

With regards to the plug issue, this will be actioned by our Engineering Team.

I am available should you wish to speak direct regarding your stay, my email is H3270-GM@ACCOR.COM.

I will look forward to your email.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I can't really fault this hotel, it was in a great location, we paid a great price, the service was good and the room comfortable.
It's by no means a luxury or boutique hotel and probably aimed more at business users but it's very modern and clean and served a great purpose for us for a night out in Leeds.
The only thing to watch out for is that the carpark isn't very big, we arrived at around 6pm and took the last parking space. It's also a bit tight to get around, glad we've got a small car!
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel1985_13
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I always thought of novotel as a somewhat better option than ibis, turns out I was wrong, at least for the room I have seen

Nothing was really wrong with it, it was just such a bare room I could not even call it Scandi style, probably because clearly no care had gone into designing it. Even the sink in the bathroom was in plastic. I mean, probably they call it some funky name today but that is plastic, and it was not even functional

On the positive, for once the aircon heating was not the usual source of freezing air, albeit it felt better under the duvet than outside of bed

In the morning I didn't feel like a full English breakfast, just a cappuccino would have done it. So I was told I could get it at the bar and there I realised that decaf espresso remains a known alternative only within London and close proximity: the lovely bar attendant explained that indeed she could get me a decaf coffee but wasn't sure about a cappuccino as the coffee she had was actually instant coffee. Luckily the hotel is not far from the station, with a number of coffee shops at hand

About the service now:
a) upon check-in I asked to register my BA card on the stay, rather than the accor card. It felt no one ever came up with such a request, the receptionist disappeared with my card in hand and returned after a good 5 minutes with no answer a part for "we'll confirm in the morning", clearly no mention was made of it in the morning
b) I decided to follow up with the admin department and there I also encountered ignorance of the programme, to the point of no follow-up to either my call or e-mail. Eventually I did some searches and foud out that they can only give you points for their programme, which can then be converted into BA points. Would have been good to receive such response at the desk
c) upon check-out I booked through the reception a car to pick us up at a specific time (I know taxis in Leeds take ages to come if you call them on the spot) I was told no problem, the car would be there on time. Then 5 minutes past the time, I asked the reception to check where the car was, they kindly suggested that I sat down while they were checking, and again no follow-up! I mean, seriously, should I stay at the desk to make sure they were doing what they had been asked to? Are we at this level of service? Eventually the car showed up 15 minutes late, no apology was offered, I suspect no one had booked it the 1st time ..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out to leave feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the problems encountered during your stay.

I am availble to speak to should you wish to speak about your stay direct on H3270-GM@ACCOR.COM.

I will look forward to your email.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

enjoyed our 1 night's stay in Novotel, Leeds. Staff friendly, smiley and accommodating. Found the hotel modern, and not at all shabby. Breakfast good, good location for Leeds station and shops and university not too far away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback

We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed here several times but this time was the first for a couple of years. It is in a good location and since there are not many central hotels in Leeds, I have always considered it a good choice. It now seems to be getting pretty shabby. Still good service but the food and drink prices now seem to be a bit high in comparison to the accommodation offering. Our room was well past it's best with shabby, worn cushions and a stained carpet with a cigarette burn in it. The toiletries were very basic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback

I am available should you wish to speak direct. If you would like to please email myself at h3270-gm@accor.com.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Good location, very central and easy enough to find. Staff were friendly and had arranged a travel cot in my room as per my request when booking. Parking was a problem as it is underground and my car was too high to fit as it had a luggage box on top. Instead I was told I could park outside the hotel at my own risk, it would still cost the same as underground parking even though they couldn't guarantee its safety.
Got room service and food wasn't great. Also, although the room looked clean, but when I closed the bathroom door there was a pair of boxers left behind it! Not very nice and the room had obviously only had a quick once over, not a proper clean.
Breakfast was also just ok, nothing special.
This hotel is fine for a one night stop over. Definitely a business hotel not a leisure one.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 23 February 2014