“The most friendly and helpful hotel staff yet!”

Novotel Leeds Centre
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My friend and I can not fault the staff, location and standards of this hotel.
We had an unfortunate incident where the power and water supply were cut off for around 11 hours on the saturday, which was quite an inconvenience to say the least. We were offered a place at a neighbouring four star hotel if they were unable to return the services (something that hadnt occured since the hotel opened).
However we stayed once everything resumed and have had an immediate response regarding this incident, something which is a rarity in this day and age...good customer service!!!
The staff kept their cool throughout and were more than apologetic and handled the stress of the situation very professionally.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Frederic21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Leeds Centre.

Kind Regards

Frederic Limousin

Reviewed 4 July 2010

This hotel is functional, but little more.
I stayed here for a week on a business trip, however if I was paying myself I may be a little less generous with my review!
The hotel was clean and the staff were efficient if not over friendly. The rooms I feel were a little basic for the cost, but just about satisfactory.
During the stay the weather was very hot and the air conditioning was next to useless so sleep was difficult. I felt the Gym was too small as you had to wait to use equipment during busy times and again the hopeless air conditioning made it more like a sauna.
Food was okay, but nothing to write home about and overpriced, but is to be expected for a hotel of this type.
I'm sure there are plenty of better hotels in Leeds at the same or lower cost. This hotel wasn't overly bad but I'd certainly look elsewhere if I'm in staying in Leeds again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Dear Barry

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Novotel Leeds Centre.I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

We are currently refurbishing our Fitness Centre, which should be completed within one week.

Feel free to contact me on 0113 242 6446 or email me on frederic.limousin@accor.com if you would like to discuss anything further.

Kind Regards

Frederic Limousin

Reviewed 25 June 2010

Great hotel. Up here for university visit with daughter. Great location. Room very comfortable. Parking convenient underneath hotel. Have to pay £7 for 24 hours which was fine

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Just stayed at the Novotel for 2 nights & I have stayed there on 2 other occasions. The rooms are a good size & each time have been very clean. The reception staff are friendly & check you in & out quickly. I have parked in the hotel car park each time, which is secure. It is in a quieter area but very close to town. The hotel bar is nice & there are also 2 nice cafe bars nearby called The Roast & Toast. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed here for one night in June as a group of 13 girls in out early twenties, for a hen party weekend. The location is great, 5 mins walk to the train station, and 10/15 mins walk to the shops and night life. We went to Nandos in town for tea. Yes the car park is underground and very tight, its £7 for 24 hours parking which I thought was good.
We stayed on the third floor, and had friends staying on the fifth floor, the fifth floor seemed to be the 'party' floor and was very noisy. We saw 2 or 3 other hen partys staying at the hotel this night.

The rooms are a good size, and very clean. Double bed, sofa bed,desk area, lots of closet space, mini bar (you have to pay for this), bathroom with big, modern shower, (although the rooms on the fifth floor had a shower over a bath tub) and separate toilet. The bathrooms on the third floor seemed newly renovated. There is also tea and coffee facilities in the room, and a hair dryer. We were locked out of 2 of the rooms on 2 different occasions, and reception had no problem giving us an additional key so we could get back in.
I would stay here again if staying in Leeds. We didn't use the facilities at the hotel other than the parking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This is a wonderful hotel, ideally situated for exploring the city, yetaway from the noise and bustle of city life. The staff were outstanding from check in to leaving; nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel has a modern, airy feeling-nowhere more so than in the bedroom with all the facilities that you would expect, but more, such as the super shower and heated mirror and modernistic sink .
I cannot praise the staff highly enough; they are very friendly yet also extremely efficient and courteous making the experience one to treasure.
I would certainly recommend this as a great hotel to chill out in Leeds.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

There's not much more I can add to the other 149 reviews of this hotel. Very smooth check in, car park underneath, ideally placed to explore Leeds. Good sized rooms, big bed, bath and outstanding shower, there is a feeling of quality about the place which you don't get in the other lesser chains, certainly not at this price.

Some stand out points: Separate bathroom and toilet, useful if you're a couple, heated mirror in the bathroom so you can shave straight after a shower, fridge in the room (yes I know it's a minibar but there is a Coop just over the road if you want to get fresh milk etc) speakers in the bathroom, individual TVs on some tables in the restaurant so if you're on your own you can watch TV and eat, not feel so much of a Billy!

Not so good points: the place is a bit tired in places, although was very clean, bed was too close to the wall on one side, expensive if you just walk in off the street, why do places of this stature STILL not provide free broadband?

Otherwise, all the good things you would expect from this well known chain

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business