The Kingston Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Opal 1 & 2(Leeds)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsleeds universitygreat location oppositewalking distance to the city centrefree car parkbeautiful hotelquiet locationyogurtenjoyed my staystayed for one nightacademy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I booked a room at The Kingston Hotel because it was a stone's throw away from the university where I needed to be for a meeting. I booked on laterooms.com, £45. My room was spacious and clean. There is a shower, tv, kettle with tea and coffee, and blowdryer. And free wi-fi!. What else do I need for a one-night stay on a budget? The young man at reception was efficient and friendly. I would definately return and wouldn't hesitate to bring my family along.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed in a single room, which had a double bed and was certainly a lot bigger than many double rooms. For £35, the Kingston was excellent value. The staff were extremely polite, very helpful and friendly. It is located 30 min walk from the train station, a little less for the shops. It is directly opposite the university. Breakfast costs £5, either a Full English or Continental. Apart from an OK Indian restaurant, there was only a selection of greasy takeaways nearby, but the staff are happy for food to be delivered to the hotel. For the money, this is a good place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank103
Reviewed 25 April 2013

It all depends what you expect from a hotel but for £30 a night I got more than I expected, I booked a single room but was put in a double so plenty of space, I had free internet so better than most Holiday Inn's in the UK and the room was clean (except for the light fitting which looked like hadn't been dusted for years), I didn't eat there so can't comment on the food, the parking is limited though, I was lucky and managed to park in the hotel car park but I've no idea where you can park if it's full.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2013

What I saw on there web page is not what I got plus there was no choice for breakfast as for the room I was upgraded to a bigger room which was fine but it wasn't very clean in the bathroom the sink had a crack in it the people who worked in the hotel kept talking in there own language with which I don't agree with so all in all very bad

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed here on the 30th march 2013 with my wife and son in a family room. It was sixty pounds for the night plus five pounds each for breakfast, however they didnt charge for my sons breakfast. The room is adequate for a family, the room we had was nothing special but it was clean and tidy. Fresh towels and clean bedding count for a lot to me!
The staff were extremely polite and helpful. They gave us taxi numbers for our trip to town including a card for the hotel with the address on for us to show the taxi driver. Nice touch!
Breakfast was great although the full english was a little small for me. Fresh fruit, croisants, yoghurts, cereals, plenty of choice and all great quality food.
At breakfast I had the full english and four coffees. The coffee was fresh and you just helped yourself. Really nice coffee. The staff were once again very nice.
All in all a cheap and cheerfull hotel only a five minute walk to the centre of leeds. Well worth the money and would definately stay there again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013