“Excellent cheap hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent cheap hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here on a Sunday. Booked in late last minute. Having eventually found the hotel I was surprised to see what £30 pays for. Initial reaction was good with a nice and tidy parking area. The reception was clean and tidy as was the room I got. The bathroom was better than some considerably more expensive hotels Ive stayed at.
I didnt get a good look round the hotel or sampled the food because of time constraints but have to say if I needed a hotel in Leeds that isnt expensive I would definitely use the Kingston again.
Looking at previous reviews I agree that it is excellent for any people from out of town visiting the Leeds Arena.
RECOMMENDED

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hibbileeds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here, we went to see a band at the O2 Academy, this hotel was the perfect location as it was less than a mile away from the venue, upon arrival, we got greeted by the manager Who very kindly sign does in and offered to carry our luggage to our room, we was offered a key in case we came in later than the lock-up time, breakfast was 5 pounds per person extra which we took advantage of, The breakfast was very nice with plenty to choose from but my only problem was with the full English breakfast, there was no bacon, The rooms are quite spacious, there is a large TV, hairdryer mirrors shower, there is a few grubby marks that I noticed but as I'm from Derbyshire I'm don't really care.. I've been brought up to be a hard case not like the city pussies

• Stayed October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked the Kingston because it was near the Leeds Arena but had difficulty finding the turn into the terrace, a short tree-lined lane of imposing early 19c houses, because it's off a busy road and surrounded by many new buildings (mostly university).

After circling a few times we arrived and were given a warm welcome including an offer of help with bags. We had a twin (two double beds) on the second floor with dormer windows which would have a great view over the city but for the tall trees outside. It was spacious, had spotless bed linen and towels and comfortable beds. Two small gripes - the shower was difficult to regulate (what strange shower isn't?) and there was no bedside lamp although the two sockets between the beds were very handy for chargers.

Although we pre-booked room only (£45 for a Saturday night), we decided on arrival to add breakfast. This turned out to be astonishing value at just £5 each, offering a variety of cereals, fresh and canned fruit, yoghurts, pastries, croissants and a freshly cooked full Yorkshire breakfast of bacon, sausage, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans which would put some 5* places to shame. My friend asked for scrambled egg and a plate arrived with the eggs plus all the rest - when she said she didn't eat meat, it was whisked away and a fresh plate brought straight away. It was pleasant to sit at the one big dining table with four other guests and chat about the fabulous Leonard Cohen concert the night before.

There is a small lounge, with magazines and TV, adjoining the dining area and reception. There's limited car parking at the front of the hotel but the Arena car park, £5 a day, is just down the hill.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I wanted a hotel close to the new Leeds Arena and didn't want to pay a fortune. I had room 24 on the top floor at the front. The bed was clean with good white duvet and pillows. There were three pillows though I only used two, the bed was comfy and the pillows fine, unlike other reviews. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful - they let me use the house phone for no charge when I had a problem with my mobile, they drew me a map of how to get to the Arena (10 minutes' walk) and generally gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble. The shower was good, with plenty of hot water. Tea and coffee making was good, there was a hair dryer and basically good facilities for one night. Downsides were no bedside light - if I hadn't had a light on my Kindle I would had to have got out of bed to switch the main light off. Also, breakfast isn't served until 7.30am, which is ridiculously late for a city centre hotel like this. I had to leave at 6.45am to drive back to the Midlands, so missed out. However, it's very god value at £45 for one night, and if I was going to the Arena again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was quiet, being at the top of the house and at the front.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We have a room on the second floor and it was really noisy especially at night time.

Our shower had a crack and stains on the floor. .

The room was quite spacious but the bedding did not feel very clean, and had dust.

The room had the usual facilities for tea and coffee - there were coffee stains on the tray.

I think it is a great hotel and room - just needs a proper clean!

I think it is excellent value as it is 20 mins walk from the City Centre.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had a basement room and it was very noisy. However, service was very good. Parking was a bit of an issue. However, price wise it's very good value. The room was clean and bathroom quite spacious. Location was good.

Room Tip: Don't get a basement room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Monaghan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is a lovely little hotel in a fantastic location. It is lovely and clean and the room was very pleasant.
The outstanding aspect of this hotel was the service. The staff were lovely and friendly and couldn't have been more helpful; from preparing things for my lunch to booking a taxi for me. They were fantastic, I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo