“Amazing restaurant. Excellent staff. Divine food and very happy customers on their 1st wedding anniversary.”
Review of Midtown Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Midtown Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I decided to go to the Midtown Grill for our first wedding anniversary last September (2013). We had a little trouble finding the restaurant as we don't know Leeds particularly well, but when we did, we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant looks amazing. Its decorated beautifully, and this deffinitely added to the overall expreience. Now, the staff. We couldn't have been happier with the staff. Granted, there were only 3 parties in the restaurant at that time (midweek) so they weren't rushed off of their feet, but they were brilliant. Attending to our every need as soon as we needed them.
I chose food from the set menu, and mt husband chose from the other. I think for the qualoty and presentation of the food, it is priced very well. Some of the ootions seemes expensive, but we were very happy with our choices and the prices.
The food was cooked to perfection and looks beautiful on the plate.
I loved the little fire pit with chocolate and marshmallows at the end. Such a lovely touch.
The only criticism I would have, is the ajoining bar. It was very noisy when the glass doors were opened and quite irritating.

Overall, our experience of the Midtown Grill was excellent, and we will be coming again the next time we vebture into Leeds.

Thank you very much for a wonderful wedding anniversary meal.

MidtownGrillManager, Restaurant Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Emma-Louise C,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtwon Grill.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We take pride in both our food and our service so its so great to hear that you thought these were brilliant.

Please accept my apologies about the noise from the bar. We do work closely with the bar to limit the noise, but I have passed on your comments to our managment team.

I do hope you had a great annivesary and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I visited this restaurant as it was recommended as one of the top locations to eat a proper steak. And it lived up to that expectation!

The restaurant was recommended to me as an ideal place for a proper steak. And it lived up to that expectation! I had the 'Yorkshire ribeye steak' which was cooked to perfection.

The staff were courteous and couldn't be any more helpful. Further more, the restaurant has a great ambience to it which is an ideal change from the other restaurants in town.

I will certainly revisit when I am back in Leeds!

MidtownGrillManager, Restaurant Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Philip C,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill.
Its great to hear that we lived up to your expectations.

We take great pride in our service and our steaks so I am please you enjoyed both of these.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back in the future when you are back in Leeds.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I were looking for somewhere to celebrate for our graduation. Someone had told us about this place and to be honest at first we were a bit unsure thinking it would be just your typical hotel restaurant....but how wrong we were!

From the moment we walked through the grand hotel lobby into the stylish restaurant we were made to feel extremely welcome.

We all had starters and mains and a couple of us who hadn't been defeated by the generous portions even had desserts. The steaks were to die for and cooked to perfection, without a doubt the best you'll find in Leeds.

One of our group is a celiac, so we asked our waitress Vicky what she would be able to eat off the menu. Instead of just pointing out the obvious Vicky excused herself for a moment and came back into the restaurant with the chef. The chef then progressed to ask my friend exactly what foods she liked and disliked and tailored a dish specifically for her. She was over the moon. Never have I been in a restaurant where the waiting staff and chefs have gone above and beyond the way they did last night in Midtown Grill. Even the manager came over half way through our meal to check that we were enjoying out evening....a lovely touch.

There is a fantastic surprise at the end when they present you with the bill...but I won't ruin the surprise for everyone. You'll have to visit and find out for yourselves!

I will most definitely be coming back and recommending this fantastic restaurant to everyone I know!

Dear bextox,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. Its great to hear we were unexpectedly fantastic.

Im happy that you received great service from Vicky, I will ensure your comments get passed onto her.

Im happy we could accomodate your friends dietary requirments. We always try our best to personalise meals based around our guests specific needs.

Im glad you enjoyed the suprise at the end of your meal. Its definitley a great way to end the meal.

I do hope you and your girlfriends had a great graduation and congratulations from all of us at Midtown Grill.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I spent the night at the leeds marriott last week and had my evening meal at midtown grill. The staff were so accommodating and kind. Tom and Adam in particular did everything to make an enjoyable evening for me and my partner. Thanks guys! The food was top quality and I left feeling full and satisfied. Lovely evening. Would definitely return. X

1  Thank Kimberly125

Dear Kimberly125,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening with us. Its great to hear you received such great service so I will ensure that the comments get passed on to our hosts.

We look forwards to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Well what can I say! We ate here for my boyfriends birthday and it is litterally my new favourite restaurant in Leeds. We eat out in Leeds quite often so wanted somewhere we hadnt been before. After a quick search on Google we came across this hidden gem.

The service is one of the best Ive recieved in Leeds. The staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. After speaking to us they found out it was my boyfriends birthday and asked him what his favourite spirit was.(its Gin btw) 5 minutes later they returned with a complimentry gin cocktail specially designed for him.

The food is out of this world. We have eaten at many of the other steak restaurants in Leeds and none of them even come close to this place.We both had the Pan fried Prawns to start. simply delicious. For mains I had a fillet and my boyfriend had the ribeye. Both cooked to perfection. the steak just melted in your mouth and the staff were so passionate about it. They knew all about the different cuts and where there steak was sourced. Its this kind of attention to detail that makes them standout.

It was a lovley evening, great atmosphere and really made my boyfriends birthday a special one. I really can not recommend this restaurant enough! Thank you so much Midtown Grill. We will be back!

Dear LeedsZach,

Thankyou for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. Its great to hear we are you new favourite restaurant in Leeds.

We take pride in both our food and service so I am so happy you loved both of these. The Pan Fried Prawns are my personally favourite dish so its especially great to hear you enjoyed these.

Im glad we were able to make your boyfriends birthday a special one.

Thank you for dining with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,