“Second that best steak had in ages”
Review of Midtown Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Midtown Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely steak with my wife and a glass of wine which was on a special deal for £30 for both of use. The restaurant is lovely and service was excellent.

MidtownGrillManager, Restaurant Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mark D,

Thank you for reviewing MIdtown Grill.
Im happy to hear you enjoyed our 2 Ribeye steaks and 2 Glasses of wine for £29.99. We source all our steaks locally from Nidderdale and take great pride in the food we serve so its great to here such great feedback about the food and our service.

Thank you for dining with us and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went to this restaurant for a frends birthday and opted for the American Tenderloin steak. At £35 it was the most expensive on the menu but the quality made it worth every penny. We all had varying levels of quality in our steaks but everyone said they were excellent. Would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a top quality steak.

1  Thank HankScorpio691

Dear HankScorpio691,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill.
Its so great to hear such great feedback about our American USDA Angus Steaks. We take great pride in our food that we source both from America and here in Yorkshire.

Thank you for dining with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife visited the midtown bar and grill in the leeds marriot and we was not disappointed in the slightest, excellent service and very polite and attentive staff, especially the lad called tom ( very good at his job and could not do enough for you) this made our night!!!! We would recommend the two rib eye steaks and two glasses of wine it's a steal at 30pound and I must say the steak was excellent . The menu is pretty reasonable too. After we had finished the meal we happened to mention it was our anniversary we paid and left and went and sat in the lobby , next minute there was a dessert off the chefs and a free bottle of wine had appeared !! Much appreciated. If you want a laugh sit on the round table near to the restaurant and watch all the people coming out and getting confused with the big mirror . Thank you for making our night .

MidtownGrillManager, Restaurant Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Yatty82,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. Im so glad we were able to make your night a great one.

Its great to hear you enjoyed our offer of 2 Yorkshire Steaks and 2 Glasses of wine for £29.99. We take great pride in our locally sourced food so I am happy you enjoyed these.

Its always good to receive great feedback about our staff. I will ensure you comments get passed on to Tom and I am happy to hear he too such great care of you.

I hope you enjoyed your desserts & wine and I am glad you enjoyed your Anniversary with us.

Congratulations on your Anniversary from all of us at Midtown Grill and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Restaurant Supervisor

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Certainly this was the nicest meal that I enjoyed in Leeds this week, a fantastic rib eye steak (Yorkshire beef) was "the best steak I've tasted in the UK" (and I have had a few!!) - succulent, free from fat and wonderfully flavoured accompanied by a great mushroom sauce and beautiful crisp fresh vegetables (extra but so worth it!). My sole disappointment was recognising (a little too late) that the restaurant had that kind of disjointed jazz music where seemingly each musician is oblivious of the other band members !!!
Fortunately the food was that good that I have still rated as excellent and stand by that judgement. Will I visit again?? You bet I will but this time I will take headphones to live in my own little bubble!!!

Dear Matthew O,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. Its so great to hear such great feedback about our Yorkshire steaks! To be the best steak you have tasted in the UK is such an honor! We pride ourselves on our locally sourced steaks so its fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the Yorkshire Ribeye so much along with the rest of your meal.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the music. I am sorry the music is not to your taste. We have taken your comments on board and will review our playlist.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I decided to go to the Midtown Grill for our first wedding anniversary last September (2013). We had a little trouble finding the restaurant as we don't know Leeds particularly well, but when we did, we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant looks amazing. Its decorated beautifully, and this deffinitely added to the overall expreience. Now, the staff. We couldn't have been happier with the staff. Granted, there were only 3 parties in the restaurant at that time (midweek) so they weren't rushed off of their feet, but they were brilliant. Attending to our every need as soon as we needed them.
I chose food from the set menu, and mt husband chose from the other. I think for the qualoty and presentation of the food, it is priced very well. Some of the ootions seemes expensive, but we were very happy with our choices and the prices.
The food was cooked to perfection and looks beautiful on the plate.
I loved the little fire pit with chocolate and marshmallows at the end. Such a lovely touch.
The only criticism I would have, is the ajoining bar. It was very noisy when the glass doors were opened and quite irritating.

Overall, our experience of the Midtown Grill was excellent, and we will be coming again the next time we vebture into Leeds.

Thank you very much for a wonderful wedding anniversary meal.

MidtownGrillManager, Restaurant Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Emma-Louise C,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtwon Grill.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We take pride in both our food and our service so its so great to hear that you thought these were brilliant.

Please accept my apologies about the noise from the bar. We do work closely with the bar to limit the noise, but I have passed on your comments to our managment team.

I do hope you had a great annivesary and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Restaurant Supervisor