“Customer service is fantastic”

Weetwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Customer service is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have stayed at Weetwood Hall many times on busines and have always been impressed with the facilities, the staff and the superfast free wifi. It is a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Precipus
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent comments regarding your regular visits to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

It is fantastic and incredibly motivating to read such positive feedback regarding our facilities and staff. I am delighted that you stay with us on a regular basis with business and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Customer Service Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Partner booked this hotel as a treat for both of us. First impressions on arrival not bad, huge foyer, huge brasserie but when we entered our room it became obvious that they had used up all the available space on the ground floor. Would have ordered a cat from room service but sadly we didn't have the room to swing it. Bitterly cold day but at 3pm no heating in room - called reception to be told that the heating doesn't come on until 3:15 pm - when i mentioned that I was cold now - receptionist told me that she would also would like to have the heating on but it was not possible - and while she has my sympathies - at least she's paid to be there whilst we, on the other hand, were paying. Partner went downstairs to complain and came back with a very noisy fanheater. A member of staff came to check whether the thermostat on the radiator was on or off - I did say to her i don't think all three of us can get in this room together but she failed to see the joke. Due to size of room she couldn't actually see the controls as the built in desk was in the way. Partner and I took turns to stand up in room when getting changed for the evening, and to relieve the claustrophobia i had a long soak in the bath. The bed was positioned in such a way that necessitated me climbing over it to get in as no access from my side of the bed. Not sure how this would work if you were an older client. This room would have been adequate for one - miserable for two. of note is that the Fitness club they have free access to is TWO MILES away....... relatives we were visiting nearly booked their daughter's wedding there - but didn't - lucky for them.

Room Tip: my advice is to ask to see your room before they swipe your card.....
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bunnylavender
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Weetwood Hall.

I was sorry to hear that during your check out with our reception team, when asked about your stay you had described it as disappointing. I therefore felt it imperative that at the earliest opportunity I contact you in order to discuss your experience in more detail. Thank you very much for taking the time to discuss your stay with me on the telephone; I was able to get a clearer idea on which elements of your stay were unsatisfactory for you. As discussed during our conversation, an immediate review of the heating system within our Hotel was carried out by our Maintenance team and will continue to be checked regularly.

With regards to your bedroom, I was sorry to hear that you found our Junior Double room too small for your requirements. As we discussed, we do offer a variety of room types and display further information with images on our website. I do also hope that you were offered further information on any larger rooms we had available with the option to upgrade if required.
We take all feedback extremely seriously and as discussed, your comments were issued to Departmental Managers for an immediate review of the standards we currently have in place. Your comments are vital in the on-going operational training which takes place at Weetwood Hall to ensure our future development is a success.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with us. I hope that the manner in which we have received, accepted and responded to your views on a personal basis, is a reflection of the caring manner in which we hope to develop our customer service levels at Weetwood Hall.

I do hope that you will consider using Weetwood Hall again in the future.

Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Couldnt fault this hotel at all, the staff, rooms and location were amazing. If you get the chance to stay here please do. . Its a chance to relax with some great views too. I will be returning.

• Stayed April 2012
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback regarding your recent visit to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

We are thrilled that you had a very enjoyable stay; it is our aim to ensure all guests have a comfortable and relaxing nights sleep with us. Our team are delighted with your comments and find feedback such as this incredibly motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the near future.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel 28 March 2012 and was welcomed by Enzo; before attending a meeting at the university the day after;
it was booked by the university and I was very pleased with the hotel. I had a double room of very good standard with tea making facilities and a bath / shower, TV. A really comfortable night; cannot fault this. I was late arriving and therefore did not have the opportunity to walk around the lovely grounds. I went to the restaurant for a meal rather than the brassier which was very busy, the food was excellent, the staff very polite and helpful and reasonable price; you can have a 2 or 3 course menu. A really super full English breakfast or I lighter if you prefer.

I met colleagues there and the only difficulty we had was the taxi; there were five of us and I had noted that there is a hotel shuttle which we could have booked. The hotel is quite a distance from the station and you would need to have transport to the centre although one of my colleagues used the bus.

Thank you Weetwood I would visit this hotel again in Leeds

Room Tip: A double room was excellent for me although a colleague I met had stayed before and was in a single...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank holidaysrme
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for your excellent feedback in regards to your recent visit to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

We aim to provide a comfortable and relaxing nights stay for all guests therefore it is fantastic that you recognised this and thoroughly enjoyed the accommodation and facilities we have to offer. It is extremely encouraging to read that you found our locally sourced produce to be of excellent quality whilst remaining reasonably priced. We pride ourselves on our customer service levels, facilities and food therefore we find it very motivating when these areas are positively acknowledged by our guests.

With regards to your colleagues bedroom; we do offer a variety of room types and are currently in the final stage of refurbishment to bedrooms and bathrooms. More detailed information on the different room types can be found on our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the future.

Kind regards

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed the night prior to early morning flight. As it was just for a long weekend city break the hotel allowed us to park FOC. Room was very small (bathroom was just about the same size as the room!), but adequate. Mattress could have been better, a bit 'roll together!'
Taxis to and from airport were organised by hotel and were reasonably priced.
We ate the previous evening in the Stables Pub, which was lovely and rustic. The pub was used by locals, which is a good sign for a hotel pub. The beer was excellent and reasonably priced, as was the food. The pies were fantastic (e.g. lamb and rosemary), and contrary to a previous review, arrived in good time.
All in all, a pleasant stay and I'd definitely use this hotel rather than the glorified bus tour hotel which is the Britannia.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Weetwood Hall.

It is great to read that you booked with us on our Stay, Park and Fly package, utilising our location near to Leeds and Bradford Airport for your recent City break. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the rustic and charming ambience of the Stables Pub along with our locally sourced produce and selection of beers.

We are currently undergoing the final stage of our bedroom refurbishment which also includes our bathrooms being progressively updated. We do offer a variety of bedrooms types with detailed information available on our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood on your next visit to Leeds.

Kind regards,

Vlierden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

i was booked in weetwoodhall through my agent, had no idea what toexpect but it turned out to be anice surprise. the hotel also has a conference centre enclosed but during my visit it was not that busy. i had a room on the ground floor, which was not big but had everything you would need for an overnight stay. Bathroom was quite big, but the decoration was "old" or should i say characteristic? Both room and bathroom where very clean so no complaints. The breakfast was very good for the £10 it costed additional. One very big plus: free wifi and the biggest plus: not a "slow" free wifi like in most hotels but really fast. i would definitvly return, when flying from leeds-bradford-airport it is only 7 miles away and i think a better deal then the airport hotels. I paid only £69 for the stay!

Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your excellent feedback in regards to your recent stay here at Weetwood Hall.

I am delighted you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed our Hotel facilities and surroundings. Our Housekeeping team and Head Chef were delighted with your comments regarding the cleanliness of your bedroom and quality of the breakfast we serve. We strive for the highest possible standards therefore it is fantastic when this is recognised; our team find this incredibly motivating. We are also very pleased that you found your stay great value for money.

We are currently updating bathrooms progressively as part of our refurbishment to bedrooms; this is now in it’s final stage therefore will be completed shortly.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the near future,

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

When we arrived the dining area of the bar was quite quiet, just what we wanted. The menu was OK, we could all find something we liked. Unfortunately we had to wait a long time for the food to arrive, about an hour. The service was adequate. The food when it came was a little disappointing. My husband and I had the meat pies, sounded good, but they were not very big - for pub meals, and there was very little meat in them. The jug of gravy , I believe, came out of a packet! My sister-in-law and I ordered a side salad, again disappointing, nearly all leaves, with a very bland dressing on it.
I'm afraid Iwil not be going to the Stables bar again for an evening meal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda H
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Stables Pub at Weetwood Hall.
It is very disappointing to read your comments regarding the service and food quality you received whilst dining in the Stables Pub. Please be assured that this is not of our usual standard and that all food served within all three eateries (Stables Pub, Restaurant and Brasserie) is fresh, locally sourced produce. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken seriously, and will be utilised to further develop our standards of customer care, although I humbly recognise that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations.

We do hope that you will reconsider your decision and visit us again in the future.

Kind regards,