“Fine but ...”

Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
north london, england
“Fine but ...”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and have always found it good value and comfortable. However unless you sleep soundly it may be worth bringing earplugs if your room "overlooks" the courtyard outside "The Stables" - on a recent stay we were kept awake well after midnight by the shreeks of children racing around outside. We know the hotel staff are not directly responsible for this but on the other hand couldn't they look out for the comfort of their guests and be aware of what's going on around the place? We had problems with an unpleasant smell in the bathroom which they said they would deal with - I hope they do! Breakfast fine. I agree with other reviewers re standard for price paid.

Room Tip: Maybe ring to discuss best room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay.

It is great to hear that you have always found your visits good value and comfortable. The warm weather does sometimes mean that our external areas such as the courtyard are popular however during colder weather; this also tends to be a quiet location. Please be assured your feedback will be taken on board.

Customer Service Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Essex
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel a couple of times. The rooms I have used have been modern, comfortable and clean although the shower this time was too low for me and could not be adjusted (I am only 5' 11"). Reception staff were smart and polite and the general areas are very well presented. I would warn potential customers that this hotel often has private functions and weddings so be prepared for areas such as the Brasserie or half of the pub to be closed to residents. I felt that the management at this hotel has a lot to be desired and certainly did not match up to the quality of the Hotel itself, for example, tables in the drinking area of the Brasserie were covered in dirty glasses and spillage whilst staff were merrily chatting at the bar. The big put off for me during my last however was when I asked if it was possible to have sandwiches to take away rather than breakfast on the day we left. We were told that we would have to go down to the breakfast area while breakfast was served and ask there - so much for room service! My adult daughter duly went down at breakfast time as requested and after she had been gone for some time, I went to see where she was. I found her sitting at a breakfast table making sandwiches -at first glance I thought it was a member of staff.

Four star!? - I don't think so.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the loading bay - very noisy morning and night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Weetwood Hall.

It is great to hear that you enjoy staying in our rooms and have always found our front of house staff smart and polite. On the occasion we have a function within the Woodlands Suite, our Brasserie is used as a bar however we do also offer an alternative dining option for our residents.

We offer room service breakfast to all of our residents and this can be ordered through the menu check list found in your room. Guests are also able to request breakfast to takeaway should they wish. It is disappointing to hear your feedback regarding this; please be assured this has been addressed with our team to ensure it does not recur in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to Weetwood Hall in the future so you can experience the improvements we have made.

Kindest regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed in Weetwood Hall for a night. Nice big rooms, with a king size bed, very comfortable but a bit expensive! Breakfast was OK, typical English! I think there are better hotels in Leeds to stay for 70 pounds a night...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at Weetwood Hall. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the standard of accommodation and the locally sourced food served at breakfast.

It is rare we would receive feedback such as yours regarding our value for money however please be assured this will be passed on to the relevant departmental managers.

We hope to welcome you back in the future,

Kindest regards

England
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I've stayed at the Weetwood during the week many times over the past 10 years (but not from choice) and have found it to be consistent in terms of its amenities. The bedrooms and work rooms have always been acceptably comfortable and clean but only to a standard expected for the price paid. The food can be hit & miss - sometimes very enjoyable but at other times disappointing. The staff has never been welcoming but never rude – they give the impression of just doing their job.

My latest visit was the first for a weekend conference. Again, comfort & cleanliness were not an issue. The food, both lunchtime buffet and evening barbeque were very pleasant but at lunchtime there was no dedicated bar for either alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks. The main bar had been taken over by a wedding party, so the only way to get drinks was to go outside to the “pub” facility. This might have been OK if firstly it had not been raining, and secondly if the 2 sets of doors which have to be negotiated back into the hotel, had offered some sort of ledge or table to put the glasses on whilst struggling to open the doors. Also, I think £2.80 for 2 less than half-pint glasses of lemonade is eyebrow raising – but at least, I am told, is less than I would have had to pay at the main bar, although I do not know if that is true.

The attitude of the staff remains the same.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent post and also for your continued custom at Weetwood Hall.

It is great to hear you have found the accommodation and conference facilities consistently comfortable and clean; we have also just completed our bedroom and bathroom refurbishment.

Our kitchen team will be pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoy the food quality throughout the Hotel.

We pride ourselves on the customer service levels of our team therefore it is disappointing to hear that you do not find them welcoming; please be assured your feedback will be taken seriously and utilised in a constructive manner.

We look forward to welcoming you back so you can experience the improvements we have made.

Many thanks,

Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Check in was surly at best, we were sent down a myriad corridors and found ourselves in the rather ominously named "Tower". The bathroom was excellent, big, new, clean and shiny. The bedroom conversely was none of those things being somewhat tiny with a bed that really would only have been suitable for one large human, rather than the two rather large humans that were hoping to sleep in it. Tea and coffee facilities were helpful, but everything else in the room was so compact it was reminiscent of caravanning. This room would only be adequate for a one night stay and we would recommend that you do not travel with anything larger than a laptop bag, oboe players take note.
Dinner in the conservatory was very pleasant, all cooked very well and a generous portion of scallops. Breakfast was a little bit canteen style but very tasty.
Our experience was that a one night stay is bearable, food quality good. Front of House Management were very surly leaving the impression that staff morale was on the floor and this penetrated the overall atmosphere of the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the Tower and check out the size of the bed when you check in.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

I am delighted to hear you liked your recently refurbished bathroom along with the locally sourced food served throughout the Hotel.

We offer various bedroom types ranging from junior double rooms which are compact and suitable for an overnight stay to feature rooms with four poster beds. The accommodation section of our website has detailed information about each room type including images.

We pride ourselves on the customer service levels of our team therefore it is very disappointing to hear your feedback about our front of house team; please be assured your comments have been forwarded to our House Manager for further investigation.

We hope to welcome you back to Weetwood Hall in the future,

Kindest Regards,
Portsmouth
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This isn't a generic hotel. It seems to be mainly used by conference groups and groups of elderly people on the way from somewhere to somewhere else.
I was there for a few nights as part of a larger group and had not a thing to moan about the whole time. But I didn't have a great deal of things to say at all.

Breakfast (included) was OK, but could do better on the coffee (seems to be a constant theme in my reviews of hotel breakfasts). Didn't eat anything in the hotel the rest of the time, but did have a few bits to eat and drink in the neighbouring Stables pub (which seems to be place where parents meet their kids from the nearby school on a Friday afternoon)...

There's no Spa type facilities on site as with the nearby Village Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Weetwood Hall.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; our Stables pub is a popular venue for locals and residents alike due to our range of cask ales and locally sourced menu. I will ensure your feedback regarding coffee served at breakfast is reviewed by our Hospitality Manager.

We do offer complimentary leisure passes to the nearby Cookridge Hall along with transport at various times throughout the day. I do hope you were made aware of these facilities throughout your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the future,

Kindest regards,

leeds
Reviewed 21 June 2013

After having afternoon tea this afternoon I just wanted to write a review. I booked the tea on a Livingsocial deal and wondered if we would get the same service as full paying customers. I needn't have worried, the service was second to none. I booked it for a treat for my mum who has had a lot of hospital procedures over the past few months and couldn't have asked for a better afternoon. The booking was for 2pm and after arriving just a few minutes early was shown straight to our table. The waitress asked if we wanted tea or coffee and proceeded to get the tea we asked for. The waiter then brought us a glass of sparkling wine each which I asked if this could be changed for soft drinks as I was driving and mum doesn't drink, this was not a problem he immediately went and change the drinks. When the food arrived shortly after we were not disappointed it was beautifully presented and looked and tasted wonderful, there was ample food for both of us in fact we could not eat all of it. I would not hesitate to book another afternoon tea at Weetwood Hall. Thanks

1 Thank lorrainehleeds26
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback following your recent afternoon tea visit. I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and would not hesitate to return to us in future.

We look forward to seeing you,

Kindest regards