“Fantastic - one of the best in Leeds!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - one of the best in Leeds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We live in Leeds and have stayed at many hotels in and around the city centre. This hotel is fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again - I cannot say enough about it and will most certainly recommend it to my friends and colleagues. The room was lovely, fresh and clean. The water and milk which were waiting for us in the fridge were a nice touch as were the Galaxy hot chocolate drinks! I don't know if the room we stayed in was an upgrade as it seemed really large and even had a step down to a desk and sofa area. Even though the hotel is close to the motorway, don't let this put you off - the traffic noise didn't bother us at all, even when we sat out in the beautiful gardens with an ice cold beer - lovely! We made full use of the spa throughout our stay - the staff were great showing us were everything was and how to work the lockers etc.
Ample parking in the hotel grounds so no problem parking either.
We did find the hotel menu slightly pricey so ventured out to the nearby Harvester pub at Colton Mill for tea which is around a 5 minute walk away. I think a lot of people had had the same idea as the restaurant was seemed empty when we walked through. A shame really as it did look really nice and the tables were set out beautifully. I think maybe if the hotel introduced some cheaper meals to their menu then maybe more people would be inclined to stay in to eat.
If the manager of the hotel does read this review I just want to say what a credit your staff are to your hotel. We have stayed at many hotels of a similar star rating but found your staff exceptional with nothing being too much trouble and service was always with a smile!
We hope to return!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
So glad you had a fantastic time and the facilities and Alfresco areas were up to par. It sounds like you stayed in one of our executive rooms which has ample space and separate bath and shower. Fresh milk and water are just some of the smaller details which we offer and hope our guests and customers think makes a big difference!
On the dining front if you purchase dinner at £25.00 via the website we give you a allocation of £35.00 to spend during dinner and that healthly amount would be able to buy you a delicious 3 course meal! On the other hand there are dishes on the menu that if you wanted to push the boat out or splash out you can do that too!
The team are always willing to interact with our guests and customers at any oportunity and want to help or assist in any shape or form.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back and you must try the restaurant next time!

Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Beautiful and extremely clean hotel. Friendly staff at reception. Amazing spa pool! Shame I couldn't stay longer. The rooms have a really nice layout. The bed is very confortable and internet access if free.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review about Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa. I will certainly pass on these great comments to the team. Hoped you managed to sample some of the delights off our menu throughout the groundfloor of the hotel. We have a sister hotel in Bristol called, the Aztec, not far from Bath, if you haven’t already been there, it's even got a starbucks!
We hope to see you again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I've used this hotel three times now in the last year: once for an overnight stay - clean, stylish rooms, fabulous service, safe carpark for lady alone, comfy bed and excellent shower.
Then we used it as a conference venue for school's Blue Sky Day - again, fantastic facilities in the conference centre with unlimited jelly beans (a must!) and superb food immediately outside the conference rooms; a brilliant menu and superb food for a farewell dinner and a fantastic breakfast.
Then I've used the Spa twice and had holistic days - hot stone back massage, facials, pedicures and manicures, with fantastic lunches.
At all times the service at Thorpe Park Leeds has been truly fantastic - they make you feel as if you are their only priority.
Thorpe Park Leeds is a hidden gem - I can't believe more people don't know about it!

Room Tip: Rooms are all stylish and welcoming - you can't hear the road noise at all!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HeatherScott_10
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Wow! what a review – I was extremely pleased to read that we have been able to meet all of your expectations and more throughout all three of your stays with us.
Our conference café is a dedicated and unique area where you can eat what you want, when you want and as much of it! (Plus as you say allsorts of treats throughout the day!)
Ingredients and produce are sourced locally on our breakfast front which means we are able to give our customers and guests a good offering when it comes to food quality.
On your next visit you must try our exciting new treatment and product range ‘Ytsara.’
Getting our “Hidden gem” out there to the local market in different shapes and forms we continue on a daily basis with but with that said, a review like yours will certainly help raise the profile of the hotel locally quicker and faster.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

A good comfortable hotel with friendly staff and has an excellent Spa. I have stayed at this hotel several times as it is handy for me when visiting my family in Leeds. There are other hotels near by, but these others are budget hotels and in my opinion you get better value staying at the Thorpe Park - the service is very good and the rooms are spacious, WiFi internet access is free, each room has a kettle with tea and coffee etc. and fresh milk plus bottled water is provided in the room refrigerator each day (a very nice touch). I also like the Bose Radio. The Spa treatments are good too, 57 quid for a relaxing massage. Cheap eats can be found nearby (short walk across Selby Road, or try the fish and chips (and mushy peas) at the skyliner fish and chip shop / restaurant at 15 Austhorpe View http://www.theskyliner.co.uk/ or try a Thai meal at the Brown Cow and Dragon http://www.browncowanddragon.co.uk/

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Finnbar_Oooh
Thank you for your great review on your lastest visit to Thorpe park. I was glad to hear you like the smaller details in our bedrooms, the fresh milk and bottled water which hopefully makes us different to other hotels in the area.
The team at the hotel are always willing to assist our guests and customers with professional and informal service.
We hope you see you again soon.

Durham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here for one night when I was a brides maid.

The staff were lovely and very accommodating to everything we wanted. Our master of ceremonies (Ashley) was particularly good and nothing seemed too much trouble.

Thank fully the weather held out for us an we were able to have pictures in their small garden which was lovely and well kept.

The rooms were spacious and the bed very comfy.

I didn't have a chance to go in the pool but it looked gorgeous and other wedding guests said it
was really good.

The breakfast in the morning was too very good. There was a wide range of hot and cold options and if you wanted to you could have as much as you like!

My only down side about the place is the price! A bottle of wine was about £25 which I did think was a little steep!

I definitely recommend this hotel even if it is a bit pricey!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I was very pleased to read that we managed to look after you and all your guests on a very ‘Special day’ for you both! I will certainly pass on your comment’s to Ashley and the team.
With breakfast being the most important meal of the day we don’t hold back at Thorpe and like to think we put out a jolly good selection to set you up for the day ahead.
Maybe next time you visit, try one of our pampering weekend’s and try out the relax area by the pool.
Our house wine’s starts from £18.00 for the future and there is a choice of three available, I do hope that that we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Cape Town
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed overnight in this hotel in July as Leeds/York was packed out for the local fair. As a business hotel in passes but the net curtaining in the room was torn. The fixtures and furniture shows signs of ageing and in general the hotel looks tired.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for your comments about your bedroom and the hotel. I was sorry to read your the soft furnishings in your room were not quite to standard, we need to remove the torn net curtain and replace as a matter of urgency, this has slipped under our radar on this occasion. We would have certainly moved you to another room if this had been highlighted to us for this shortfall. We always want to maintain the newness of the hotel at all times and will certainly look into the points you raise about the furniture and fittings.
Once again sorry you felt the stay was not quite right and hope we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding, we booked in Friday the 13th to attend a wedding on the Saturday, on arrival we were greeted by a very smart and efficient porter who was helping everyone he could with their luggage, the two young ladies on reception were again very pleasant and efficient and made you feel welcome.

We had a disabled room for my wife which was on the ground floor and not far for her to walk,, the design of the room was very well thought out with everything you good possibly want built into it, my wife was very pleased with the walk in shower and all the other aids in the bathroom, which was very disabled friendly.

The wedding took place upstairs in a very pleasant room, we all then went downstairs onto the terrace overlooking the first class gardens which you would not expect in the middle of Leeds, and was ideal for the wedding photographs, canopies and drinks were served by the staff while the photographs were been taken, and made for a very relaxed atmosphere.
we went inside for the reception, Ashley who I think was the hotels wedding coordinator made sure everything ran smoothly and everyone had what ever they needed, we had a young waiter called Adam who was very professional, while still being warm and caring with an easy going manner.

The room, in which we had the reception, was very large and two of the gentlemen giving the speeches were very softly spoken, and it was hard to hear what they had to say, I think the room would benefit from a sound system, with a small microphone which could attach to the speakers person and would not intrusive.

In the evening the same room was used for the disco and a cold buffet which was very good
drinks in the bars are not cheap, but I suppose you have to pay for the surroundings, that weekend there was a few girly weekends and hen nights going off all using the spa facilities and pool , so there were lots of women walking in the corridors in white towelling dressing gowns, sitting in the atrium having coffee there were about eight women sitting about in the dressing gown which made me feel I was visiting someone in hospital, again having breakfast in the dining room more women in dressing gowns, which is fine at home but not in a hotel restaurant.
I cannot comment on the spa and pools as I did not use the facilities
so apart from the dressing gowns in public areas, i think this a first class hotel and would recommend it if you want to stay in Leeds

1 Thank yorkshirelad283
What a great review. I was very pleased to read that you and your wife had a enjoyable time and stay at the hotel. Extremely glad your room was to your liking and everything you required was at the touch of a hand.
We are very proud of our award winning gardens, infact we have just won the ‘Gold’ for Leeds in bloom!! We are chuffed to bits! Thanks to our gardner Keith.
I will certainly pass your comments onto the team in all the areas, they are dedicated to looking after our guests and want to give a professional, informal service at all times.
When using the Spa relaxation areas of the hotel our guests think its nice just to put your lovely white, fluffy embrodied robe and slippers on and just chill out and relax in one of our public areas by having a light bite or drink before or after a treatment – you should try this next time!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Leeds City Centre
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,583 reviews
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,386 reviews

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!