“Tasteful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Tasteful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have visited this hotel over the past ten years.....business and private. The service is excellent,food expertly executed and the rooms are of a high calibre. Whether it be dinner,working lunch,weekend break or spa treatment this establishment is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I will ensure that these are passed on to the team, who will be delighted to receive positive feedback.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

i have been a regular business visitor for some months and I cannot speak highly enough of the friendliness and hard work that the hotel and its staff put into making your stay personal and up to the highest expectations of comfort and service. The restaurant is worth a visit in its own right. And the pool really does look like the photo !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words, they are very pleasing to read and I will certainly be sharing them with all my team, you must let me know when you are next scheduled to visit us so I can thank you in person.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is modern hotel on a business park and my expectations were limited. However I was pleasantly surprised. The room was well-equiped and clean. The public rooms were spacious and relaxing. We didn't have time to use the gym and pool but they looked good. It wasn't cheap but I think the test match and other events made this a busy weekend so deals were limitred. Special mention to the friendly staff in the breakfast room. Its a buffet but our waitress was still keen to get us our drinks and ensure we had all we needed. it was a personal touch all too rare in large chain hotels. Finally we never worked out if they've stopped charging £3 for parking or just suspend charges this weekend. it would have been disappointing to have had to pay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I'm pleased you were impressed with our Hotel, and I will be sharing your comments with all my team. You must ensure you take full use of our Spa Facilities when you next stay with us. To clarify your final query, car parking at Thorpe Park is always complimentary on a weekend.

Essex, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

A clean hotel in a favourable location close to motorways and with easy access to the city centre. The corridors were dimly lit and room numbers difficult to see. The restaurant had little atmosphere - those dining seemed quiet and glum. We chose to eat out. The bed was much too soft and resulted in a restless night rolling around every time I moved.

Stayed May 2013
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I’m concerned to hear that you had a restless night, and I have discussed this, along with your other observations with my Housekeeping Team. As for our Restaurant atmosphere, we try and offer our guests a more formal restaurant experience in our dining room alongside a more relaxed, lively and informal experience in our Bar Area, and we are very proud of our Food and Service. I’m confident that you would have enjoyed your dinner had you chosen to dine with us. Please contact me in person when you are next planning to visit us.

Kind Regards
Gordon Jackson – General Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

A lovely hotel good rooms food very nice a good location for LEEDS and YORK easy access to motor way .Has a lovely spa and swimming pool They also do party nights when they has artists went to see a Take That tribute band (who were very good)and had a lovely time drink prices not too expensive either so you can have a good night out

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us, I will certainly be sharing your kind words with all my team. As you rightly state we do host a number of Entertainment nights, you should look at our upcoming tribute nights, we have an excellent variety of top quality acts.

north west
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We styed at Thorpe Park for a wedding it was really well organised.The room was lovely and had evrything you need for an overnight stay.The bathrobes were a nice touch and very soft and fluffy.We enjoyed the evening meal and breakfast food was of a good quailty.I would recommend for a nice break away.We used the spa and pool again very clean.Good also for children.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting such lovely comments about your recent stay with us. I'm very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable wedding, but also managed to take advantage of our guest facilities here at Thorpe Park. May I suggest on your next visit you sample some of the great dishes we serve in our Restaurant and Bar.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

nice hotel, great rooms and a lovely breakfast, just on the outskirts of leeds but close to motorways and no problem getting a taxi into town. I will be staying here again next time i visit leeds. swimming pool was nice and not to crowded.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, I really appreciate that you have taken the time to post such positive things, and I will be sharing them with all my team. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park in the future.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Leeds City Centre
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,583 reviews
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,386 reviews

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!