“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked a night away here, the staff are very helpful and friendly. Although on the outskirts of Leeds has great links to the motorway.

Spa facilities excellent.

Restaurant has nice relaxed atmosphere and having eaten here numerous times the food is always excellent with a great selection of wines.

Rooms good size and the cleanliness cannot be faulted.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, it’s very rewarding to read such positive feedback and I will certainly be sharing it with all my team.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We checked in for a 2 night stay last Thursday and had a great experience. All the staff without exception were friendly, courteous and efficient. It's a 4 star hotel so we expected a good standard but this was exceptional. Lots of really nice touches like fresh milk in the fridge, fresh coffee and decent sized mugs, not to mention a choice of pillows. The leisure facility was spotlessly clean and the pool was lovely. I had a treatment which was lovely and the warm water mattress was an added luxury; the treatment was fairly priced too with no pressure to purchase products. We ate in the restaurant on both nights. The food was without doubt of 4 star standard but the really nice thing was the less formal setting - no perching on a formal velvet chair which was most welcome! The staff team all seemed happy to work there which was great to see. This was our first visit but it certainly won't be our last.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor where I understand the rooms have been refurbished. The room was lovely...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen C
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay with us, I’m very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations. I am very lucky to have such a great team here at Thorpe Park and they will be certainly be encouraged to hear such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Came here to stay for a wedding a couple if weeks ago. Didn't know anything about the hotel other than it had a spa. Well I was super impressed! My room looked amazing fresh milk and bottled water was a very nice touch in the fridge! Nice Bose sound system for me to listen to while getting ready! Really enjoyed the spa even got up extra early the next morning to have a couple of hours in the spa! Staff were excellent couldn't fault anything! Even the price was great! Well done!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, I’m pleased your suitably impressed with our hotel, I will be sharing your comments with all my team who will be grateful to receive such positive feedback.

Market harborough
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed here with my 12yr old daughter for one night in August.We really enjoyed our stay and use of the lovely spa.Wewill definitely return .I was struck by the friendly helpful staff who really created a warm feeling in the hotel .Beautifully decorated lobby restaurant bar etc which helped make it seem a special stay.
The purpose of the stay was to be near my older daughter at Leeds festival....very near by and accessible by taxi .The hotel were very accommodating in allowing my daughter and her friend to shower in my room and even provided extra towels .
All in all lovely

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay, and I am delighted you were well looked after by my team. I look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in July, travelling from Bath to explore the surrounding area of Leeds and York.

Pleased to find on arrival that the parking is free on weekends, and check-in was quick with meal times explained to us, however I thought that it would be nice for breakfast to run a little later on weekends - 10am is quite an early finish and results in everyone coming down at the same time, last minute! That being said, breakfast was excellent, although I was a little surprised to see that they allow people to come and eat whilst in their dressing gowns from the spa...

We used the pool once and it was lovely, also had a massage treatment in the spa, equally excellent.

Rooms were lovely, nice bathroom and quite quiet despite being near the main road. Nice to see good tea/coffee making facilities in the room and fresh milk in the fridge, even though ours was off on the first morning! Quickly replaced by the housekeeping staff when we left a note though.

All in all this is a good hotel with excellent facilities in a convenient location to make the most of the surrounding sites of interest. We would return if looking again for a base to explore from.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very fortunate to have Michael in our team, and his loyal service spans over 10 years now. He will very much appreciate your feedback as will all of my team.

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were up in Leeds shopping so made this a short break by stopping at this hotel. It is very convenient for the M1 but not so close as to be troubled by traffic noise. It's very modern looking from outside but the inside is very classic, the bar area has an atrium which is very bright and comfortable. On this stay we used the pool it is a fair size, very clean and evidently well maintained, its nice being able to go down in the gowns provided in the rooms.

The room we had was twin, with a small seating area adjacent to the big picture windows. Hot drinks were available with fresh milk in the fridge. They had these great over cup individual coffee filters which is great.

We ate in the restaurant the service was very good, we had Michael again he was excellent. Would strongly recommend the lamb it was delicious..

Breakfast was nice, with a really nice cereal selection and breads for toast, as well as cooked food on a buffet.

Room Tip: I guess all rooms are good as there are no bad positions
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am delighted that you chose us as your destination for your shopping trip. I will be sharing your comments with all my team, and Michael in particular will be very encouraged to hear such positive feedback
Gordon Jackson
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting family in the area on the basis of the good reviews, the pool/spa facilities and the interconnecting rooms offer for children.
The rooms were well appointed and we had no complaints, it was great to have water and drinks provided in a fridge, a decent shower, comfortable beds and Sky TV. Whilst the pool area was quite busy, we managed to enjoy a swim and use the sauna/hot tub/steam room.
Staff were polite and friendly, only one very minor criticism was we never received the complimentary newspaper offered. We chased it up when passing reception who said they would send one to our room but it never happened. However, not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
We had booked room only so i cant comment on the food but the restaurant area looked lovely. However, i think breakfast would have been close to £45 extra for 3 of us so we just went to Maccy D's across the road where we all had breakfast meals for less than £10 total. There is also a Harvester there we went to in the evening which was decent if busy. We had drinks in the hotel bar first, good service and atmosphere but i was a bit surprised to be charged £3.60 for a lemonade, nice though it was! (prices were not displayed on any of the drinks menus at the tables).
Overall a nice hotel which we would consider returning to if we were staying in the area again although food and drink a little bit out of reach of a famly budget.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I really appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with all my team. My apologies for your missing newspaper, it’s a service we offer all our guests. On your next visit I would encourage you to try our restaurant, as I believe it offers great value, with our Daily Menu and Children’s offering in particular.