“Excellent Wedding Reception”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience on Saturday 8th February when we attended friends' wedding reception.
From arrival at 1.30 pm to our departure.......sometime after 10.0 pm, all went very smoothly.
The professional attitude shown by all of the staff is to be congratulated, service of the highest quality is becoming something of a rarity, but this establishment certainly knows how to do it, and do it well!
From reception drinks through the excellent wedding meal to bar drinks and buffet supper all was efficiently monitored by the Maitre'D for the occasion, Ashley Johnson
Even the disco, so often the DJ's prerogative to attempt to blast as many ear drums as possible and make conversation impossible, was enjoyable, with the right choices of music resulting in a regularly full dance floor.
The only negative comment is the price of the bar drinks £4 a pint! But, for the quality and service as well, it could perhaps be forgiven in an establishment of this standard.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PDC19
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your review, and I am delighted wedding celebrations went well and you enjoyed your time with us. I am very fortunate with the team I have here at Thorpe Park, Ashley and DJ Andy have been with us a long time.
I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon

There are newer reviews for Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have spent a lot of time in this hotel on business and it's just a very pleasant place to be. Staff are friendly and professional, food is good and the rooms are exactly what you need. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Better to be on the side of the hotel that is further away from the motorway, although only an issue...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lanson1970

Thank you for your comments about our Hotel and I will be certainly passing them on to all my team. Maybe in the future you could visit us at the weekend on one of our excellent Leisure Breaks

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed with three family members on a ' girlie break'. We had interconnecting rooms which enhanced our stay. The evening meal was excellent, lots of choice and very well presented. We shared olives and two bread baskets, delicious, as nibbles whilst waiting for the starters.
Breakfast had a good choice and we spent the morning relaxing in the pool area. Two of the party had massages which were excellent.

We will definitely be back

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet S
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, I will certainly be sharing your comments with all my team who will be delighted to hear such positive feedback. Our Girls Night Out is one of the most popular packages we have here at the Hotel and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us soon

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

My colleagues had used this previously and advised me to try, due to its easy accessibility from the motorway and quality of accommodation, and they were not wrong.

Exceptional staff, superb facilities and all within very easy access from the M1.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PamelaW31

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, I am delighted you were recommended our Hotel and hopefully you will be returning to us soon

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed for one night whilst attending a 60th birthday party being held in the hotel. Check in was very easy and smooth and we were given a room on the 3rd floor at the front of the hotel. The room was big with a separate sitting/ work area. Everything in the room was first class with a Bose radio/cd player and a big flat screen tv, The bathroom was spotlessly clean with a walk in shower and a bath. We went down to the Spa and whilst it was busy the pool, sauna and steam room were very enjoyable. The evening party was very well organised and the food we had was very nice. We had breakfast in bed the following morning after what was one of the best nights sleep we have had in any hotel anywhere. We can't fault this hotel about anything one thing that does stand out though is the warm, friendly and professional standards that all the staff showed throughout the hotel - the staff are truly a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimonLeedsEngland
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that birthday celebrations went well, and you were well looked after by my team. I will certainly be sharing your comments with everyone.
Hopefully you will be visiting us again soon, maybe on one of our excellent tribute nights?

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Hi all I have stayed at the hotel many times since first opened, always the same high standards, very friendly helpful staff, fantastic restaurant top class. Whenever in Leeds business or pleasure the place to chillout in pool & spa. Keep up the great work

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing such lovely comments about our Hotel, my team will be very encouraged to hear such positive feedback
I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Even if I was one of these people who likes to complain, I don't think I could here. The food is one of the best meals I have had and the spa and rooms are great. Would highly recommend to anyone. It's in a nice location to get to as it isn't directly in leeds centre.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us, I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have at the hotel and I will certainly be sharing your comments with all my team
Gordon Jackson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Holbeck
The Chambers Park Place
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!