“Stolen wedding gifts”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Stolen wedding gifts”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I Recently was invited to attend a wedding at this hotel, we enjoyed a wonderful reception and the bride and groom had a wonderful idea to put a miniature red post box in the bar/reception area for all the guests to post the wedding cards/gifts . at around 10.30pm once all the guests had stopped posting the cards the hotel staff removed the post box and put it into a " safe secure room". The following day when the newlyweds were enjoying opening there cards to there horror!! the cards had been opened and gifts ( cash/vouchers ) had been removed and the envelopes carefully re-sealed. I would advise anybody reading this to seriously look at booking a different hotel especially for a wedding.......

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 221robinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Guildford
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I went with a close friend for a 2 night Spa break earlier this month. We had visited for a one-night break two years ago but had found it wasn't long enough. This time everything was perfect. The room was lovely, with comfortable beds and great products in the stylish bathroom. The package contained up to £35 per person for evening dinner, which was ample, and the menu was varied and appealing. Breakfasts were substantial, and the 'light' lunch on the middle day was a particular delight. The package contained 3 super treatments using luxurious Espa products-I had an oil and salt body scrub on the first afternoon, and then a relaxing facial the next morning, and a full body massage later that afternoon. All three of mine were undertaken by the lovely Cat, who was very proficient and personable. My friend's treatments weren't all at the same hands but she was particularly impressed by Lauren's body massage. We made full use of the fantastic spa facilities before and in-between our treatments- refreshing swims followed by stays in the wonderful spa pool, and the steam room and the sauna.
There were also nice little touches such as complimentary mineral water and milk in the fridges in the room, and a free 'Independent' newspaper each morning, too.
All in all we both felt we had had a proper break, and came away feeling refreshed and rested. The £250 per person charge was very reasonable, considering the number of spa treatments included, and the full board we had enjoyed. Thoroughly recommended and we will definitely come again!!!

5 Thank Declan M
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Our retreat package is designed to give guests a perfect relaxation break, and I am delighted to read your comments which I will be sharing with all my team. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Spent last weekend here on a spa hen weekend for my daugther and 16 friend's room 433, we had a lovely time, lunch dinner and breakfast were great, made full use of pool and spa, first class, staff very professional from reception, ladies who clean the rooms, waiters and Gemma and the team in the spa, my first time at a spa, would recommend

1 Thank annie h
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us I am delighted that all your party were well looked after by my team, and I will certainly be sharing your comments with every at the hotel. The Girls Night Out Package is by far our most popular package, and hopefully we will see you back at the hotel soon

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We had our Christmas party at Thorpe Park it was brilliant. The food was good the staff were wonderful the lovely lady on reception, she could not do enough for us.
The rooms are fabulous, all 51 of us had a great time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesley Ann W
Thank you for your comments, its great to hear that all your party enjoyed your festive celebrations with us and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon
Manchester
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stay often on business and I find the staff very friendly and helpful. I haven't yet made use off the gym but have used the spa which is great. Food is great although I do tend to have room service as I'm often late back. It is of great quality and the breakfast is good to. Rooms are comfortable and have everything you need.

Room Tip: Not one on the M1 side as you can hear the traffic
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lee C
Thank you for your comments about our Hotel, and I am delighted you enjoy your time with us. You must try and find time to take advantage of our excellent Spa facilities in the future.
Holmfirth
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience on Saturday 8th February when we attended friends' wedding reception.
From arrival at 1.30 pm to our departure.......sometime after 10.0 pm, all went very smoothly.
The professional attitude shown by all of the staff is to be congratulated, service of the highest quality is becoming something of a rarity, but this establishment certainly knows how to do it, and do it well!
From reception drinks through the excellent wedding meal to bar drinks and buffet supper all was efficiently monitored by the Maitre'D for the occasion, Ashley Johnson
Even the disco, so often the DJ's prerogative to attempt to blast as many ear drums as possible and make conversation impossible, was enjoyable, with the right choices of music resulting in a regularly full dance floor.
The only negative comment is the price of the bar drinks £4 a pint! But, for the quality and service as well, it could perhaps be forgiven in an establishment of this standard.

1 Thank PDC19
Thank you for your review, and I am delighted wedding celebrations went well and you enjoyed your time with us. I am very fortunate with the team I have here at Thorpe Park, Ashley and DJ Andy have been with us a long time.
I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have spent a lot of time in this hotel on business and it's just a very pleasant place to be. Staff are friendly and professional, food is good and the rooms are exactly what you need. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Better to be on the side of the hotel that is further away from the motorway, although only an issue...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lanson1970
Thank you for your comments about our Hotel and I will be certainly passing them on to all my team. Maybe in the future you could visit us at the weekend on one of our excellent Leisure Breaks