“Fantastic Service and not even stayed!”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I decided to book my son & his girlfriend a romantic night and dinner at the hotel. I called the hotel who efficiently took the booking and e mailed the confirmation which I forwarded to my son. Due to a) poor communication between son & I b) him failing to check the reservation date, a problem arose. I had booked for Feb 14th, he wanted to stay on March 14th!! Despite the fact that I live overseas I received a concerned call from the hotel advising me that my son had not arrived and asking if everything was ok and would he be coming the following day if there had been some confusion with the date. Once I established that son was ok and how the confusion occurred I called the hotel back and explained what had happened. The response received was fantastic " that's absolutely no problem sir, would you like us to change the booking to the 14th March" - no cancellation or no show charge just great customer service. If this is an indication of the customer service here then I am sure they can look forward to a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about the customer service you received from us, I am glad we were able to resolve the mix up with the booking. Maybe a short break at Thorpe Park on your next visit to the UK?

There are newer reviews for Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 22 February 2014

What a fantastic time our hen do had at the girls night in!!!!! Lovely gift of Jessica nail varnish beauty products and chocolates. Fantastic service for the Tapas meal (vegetarian and Gluten free catered for with no problem). Super guys who delivered the meal even judged our party game! Lovely spa (fluffy robes and slippers provided). This hotel is 5* when it comes to customer service. Well done and all for a super reasonable price.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank suzi 1955

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, I am delighted that your hen celebrations went well and you were well looked after by my team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The wedding date had changed, we were promised our booking would be carried over.... It wasn't. Had to rebook on the morning of the wedding, still waiting for an explanation.

The worst is yet to come..... The wedding gifts were tampered with and a great deal of money has gone missing (including our gift). If you do get married here, do not let the gifts/card box out of your sight. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE HOTEL'S HOLDING ROOM THAT THE STAFF HAVE ACCESS TO

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sam G
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

We’re sorry to read that guests of the Walker wedding have taken recourse to Trip Advisor to vent their feelings in a bid to damage our reputation. We are proud of the fact that we host over 60 weddings each year, and indeed have had feedback from the Bride and Groom on the day to say they had enjoyed a fantastic day with excellent service with us. It is common practice to provide a room for presents and gifts to be placed in – which the designated guests have an electronic key to gain access to. At a large wedding the hotel team cannot be expected to patrol who goes in and out of the room. We have suggested making contact with the police and we will cooperate fully with any investigation.

Kind regards,
Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We attended a wedding reception here on Saturday 15th feb! We attended both the day and evening receptions which went smoothly and a good time was had by all. Unfortunately the day after the wedding problems came to light. The bride and groom had a locked post box for guests to post their cards and gift cards into during the receptions. The hotel staff had the key to this in their safe and removed the post box to what was supposed to be a secure safe room for all their gifts and cards etc at approx 10.30am- when the bride and groom came to get their things Sunday morning the post box had been opened by the padlock and all the cards had been opened and the money stolen from them. The hotel looked into this for all of a day and decided there was nothing else they could do despite this been in their local lie room that only they accessed! The police are now involved but the bridal party have had nothing but rude, uncooperative staff to deal with during all this and have spent what should be the happiest days of their lives starting their married life together having to sort all of this out!!! Disgusting customer service and I wouldn't trust anything been left in their rooms as numerous staff have access to all the rooms!

Room Tip: Put your belongings in your own personal room don't leave them in the care of the staff!!!!
5  Thank vickysmith56
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I Recently was invited to attend a wedding at this hotel, we enjoyed a wonderful reception and the bride and groom had a wonderful idea to put a miniature red post box in the bar/reception area for all the guests to post the wedding cards/gifts . at around 10.30pm once all the guests had stopped posting the cards the hotel staff removed the post box and put it into a " safe secure room". The following day when the newlyweds were enjoying opening there cards to there horror!! the cards had been opened and gifts ( cash/vouchers ) had been removed and the envelopes carefully re-sealed. I would advise anybody reading this to seriously look at booking a different hotel especially for a wedding.......

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 221robinson
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I went with a close friend for a 2 night Spa break earlier this month. We had visited for a one-night break two years ago but had found it wasn't long enough. This time everything was perfect. The room was lovely, with comfortable beds and great products in the stylish bathroom. The package contained up to £35 per person for evening dinner, which was ample, and the menu was varied and appealing. Breakfasts were substantial, and the 'light' lunch on the middle day was a particular delight. The package contained 3 super treatments using luxurious Espa products-I had an oil and salt body scrub on the first afternoon, and then a relaxing facial the next morning, and a full body massage later that afternoon. All three of mine were undertaken by the lovely Cat, who was very proficient and personable. My friend's treatments weren't all at the same hands but she was particularly impressed by Lauren's body massage. We made full use of the fantastic spa facilities before and in-between our treatments- refreshing swims followed by stays in the wonderful spa pool, and the steam room and the sauna.
There were also nice little touches such as complimentary mineral water and milk in the fridges in the room, and a free 'Independent' newspaper each morning, too.
All in all we both felt we had had a proper break, and came away feeling refreshed and rested. The £250 per person charge was very reasonable, considering the number of spa treatments included, and the full board we had enjoyed. Thoroughly recommended and we will definitely come again!!!

5  Thank Declan M
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Our retreat package is designed to give guests a perfect relaxation break, and I am delighted to read your comments which I will be sharing with all my team. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Spent last weekend here on a spa hen weekend for my daugther and 16 friend's room 433, we had a lovely time, lunch dinner and breakfast were great, made full use of pool and spa, first class, staff very professional from reception, ladies who clean the rooms, waiters and Gemma and the team in the spa, my first time at a spa, would recommend

1  Thank annie h
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us I am delighted that all your party were well looked after by my team, and I will certainly be sharing your comments with every at the hotel. The Girls Night Out Package is by far our most popular package, and hopefully we will see you back at the hotel soon

Gordon Jackson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Holbeck
The Chambers Park Place
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!