“Just too good to fault”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you're looking for a good quality hotel, peaceful but with plenty of amenities, and not a million miles from civilisation (okay, Leeds :-)) then you really can't beat the Thorpe Park.
From the outside, the hotel is a little understated: it looks quite faceless in fact. But once inside it's a smart, extremely well maintained and simply excellent place to stay. So good that although we visited for only one night, we wished we could have changed our plans to stay for longer...
Our room was on the first floor: very spacious, with it's own sofa, decent desk and wifi if you needed to work, plus the all-important comfortable bed and pristine bathroom. The hotel offers a spa,a pool, and though we didn't try any of the treatments prices seemed reasonable. Food is excellent - good range of bar snacks/lighter meals (and decent value, not overpriced or overcooked, as some hotel food can be); breakfast was included in the rate, plentiful and tasty. One exception - the scrambled eggs. Do they add cream? Somewhat odd. But a very minor issue.
Notably, we stayed during a wedding, and saw some of the guests milling around. Though they had a party there in the evening, we heard not a peep from our room. Pity some of the revellers decided to leave drinks and broken glasses around the hotel entrance, but that wasn't the fault of the hotel.
All this, for a price only slightly more than one of the bland Holiday/Premier Inn places in the city centre (which is a £10 cab ride away, for info). Really hard to beat in my opinion, and if I'm going back to Leeds this would undoubtedly be my first choice to head to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us, I really appreciate all your feedback and I will be sharing it with all my team. Keep checking our website for some fantastic packages, especially The Escape which is inclusive of a Treatment, which I would highly recommend

There are newer reviews for Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked a Sunday night package for my friend and I to celebrate my birthday. I had heard good reviews but then I am fussy ............ Well it surpassed every expectation I had, I couldn't find a negative even if I wanted to find one.
My friend and I arrived mid morning on Sunday, was welcomed by the receptionist and the room we had booked was ready which was a lovely surprise. It was a very nicely appointed room on the ground floor with welcome touches such as water and fresh milk in the fridge, as well as room for the bottle of champagne we had brought with us.
We had a wonderful lunch which was tasty, beautifully presented and went with the wine we ordered nicely. The pool area was not large but was personable and we enjoyed an afternoon with the papers to read. We both had treatments which were wonderful and left us feeling relaxed but also special with relaxing facials.
The dinner allowance more than covered what we chose to eat. The menu was broad with lots of choice and the staff were so attentive - they were great. We had irish coffees in the courtyard and we could hear all the hardwork that went into the whisking of the cream - no squirty cream at Thorpe Park !
A good nights sleep followed by a wonderful Yorkshire breakfast.
I can honestly say that my stay at Thorpe Park surpassed everything I expected, it was just wonderful and can't wait to return.
Special mention to Adam, for whipping that cream and all the other staff that went far beyond what would be expected.

Room Tip: I think it is safe to say that any would be good !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us, its so encouraging to receive such positive feedback and I will certainly be sharing it with all my team. Our Sunday Escape Package really is excellent value, and hopefully we will see you back at Thorpe Park soon

Reviewed 28 April 2014

a lovely hotel, relaxing lounge courtyard area, inside - open to the sky making it light and airy a great place to have a drink and a leisurely read. Nice Beer & chips too.

Disco Night dinner dance, great fun good food and great value for money. We were given an executive room plenty of space a nice little extras, including a small bottle of milk water provided free with a fridge.
The staff are always very friendly and go the extra to make you feel special and welcome. They all worked hard to ensure the part was a great night Bed was comfortable a large, every thing you needed for a luxure stop over. – thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Its great to hear you enjoyed the 70's Disco, please check our website for some excellent upcoming live entertainment nights, our Tribute Nights are extremely popular and really do offer fantastic value

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here in April 2014 as part of a Bridal Party. The wedding was not at the hotel but at nearby Temple Newsam but even so the staff were excellent and accommodated any need we had or the bride had. The breakfast was lovely, the rooms were lovely and I could not fault the hotel at all, I will definitely be booking another stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you chose to stay with us and I hope wedding celebrations went well. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon

Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a lovely overnight spa break at this hotel ~ The staff firstly cannot do enough for you, complimentary treatments in with our package were fabulous!! I could of had that massage for hours...felt like a queen :)The evening meal choices were great, Cocktails were even better :) Why though when you go to A spa, you come back weighing more than when you leave??? - Damm you desserts!!

1  Thank TLBADAMS
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent Easter Break with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our Escape Package, and I will be sharing your comments with all my team. Keep checking our website for the best value Spa Breaks

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just returned from a 3 day break that we really enjoyed. Bagged a great package with 2 double rooms with connecting door( Ideal for our teenage kids).
Best thing was the little touches, like fresh mink in our own fridge, free milk and cookies at bedtime for kids( although our kids are a bit old now for that, but still a nice touch). free newspapers, very friendly and helpful staff! Also because it was Easter, we had chocolate eggs hidden in our room on the Sunday morning.
Room was generally very clean and tidy, but I noted dust on tops of architraves and lamp fittings( but I am a fussy sod) Great stay,and highly recommended :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us and I am delighted you had an enjoyable Easter Break, and I also appreciate your feedback regards the few housekeeping issues you noticed. Hopefully we will be seeing you back at Thorpe Park in the not too distant future

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We have recently enjoyed another wonderful stay at Thorpe Park Hotel. We first visited this hotel in 2002 for our first stay away from the chores of parent hood for a quiet relaxing stay. Twelve years on and we still love our time at this hotel.
The staff our wonderful, always ensuring a high customer service and nothing is a trouble. Attentive, yet no over bearing. The hotel itself ages really well with time as it is constantly kept well maintained and decorated.
We always enjoy the excellent menu on offer and this time round some new additions to the menu meant everything we had from lunch through to our evening meal were new dishes and the food was fabulous.
Price wise this hotel is exceptional value for money, the accommodation is genuinely 4 star and the food served in all areas of the hotel whether it be in the gorgeous courtyard or the relaxing restaurant is definitely 5 star quality. The option when booking the evening meal means you pay a set price of £29 which allows you to spend £35 on a meal which will typically cover a three course meal. All three courses are of a very high standard and in most restaurants would set you back about at lest £50-60.
Spa facilities and the pool are as usual clean and relaxing. The team at Thorpe Park work really hard to help your stay be the best.
On this stay it was just the two of us enjoying time out but we often take our boys and the hotel look after the children as well as they do the adults, great choice for a relaxing break as a couple or time with the family.

Room Tip: We have experienced all rooms, standard double, family room and suite. They are all wonderful. Conte...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a lovely review of your recent stay with us, all of us here at Thorpe Park are very proud of our hotel and its so encouraging to receive such great feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us soon.
Gordon Jackson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Holbeck
The Chambers Park Place
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!