“Absolutely Fabulous!”

Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My 3 best friends and I always have a weekend away every year. This year it was Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa in Leeds. We were a bit dubious when we approached by an office park estate, but the hotel was modern, well thought out, and welcoming.
We went into the beautiful internal courtyard for coffee and cake, whilst waiting for our rooms to be ready (we were very early). At 12:45 I popped to reception to find that not only were our interconnecting rooms ready, but the receptionist remembered my name.
The rooms are great. More than comfortable with lovely beds, settee, coffee table, TV, and Bose sound system. En suite was well thought out and the whole ambience of the room was great. We had a 'Girls night In' we booked, and we had a gift pack left on each bed containing spa slippers, nail file, nail varnish, face and eye creams, and lip balm. Fabulous!
The pool area was lovely, and we spent some time relaxing there. We didn't have any treatments as found them a little expensive.
Our table was booked in the restaurant for 7pm, and I can honestly say I have never tasted food so good. It was amazing. I had pork wrapped in pancetta and it was so succulent.
Staff could not be more helpful. We found out your 2nd tea or coffee in the courtyard area is half price, well worth it. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation, and I wrote to the General Manager to tell him so! Received a lovely reply too.
We will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LoobyLoo21
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review you have posted and the wonderful feedback you sent direct to me, its the best part of my job when I hear how much our guests enjoy spending time at the Hotel. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon
Gordon Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
LOUGHBOROUGH
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thorpe Park cannot readily be faulted if you are there on business (almost certainly!), food and accommodation are both good, but it is a soulless corporate box. Well placed just off J46 of the M1, and on the edge of a large business park (right next to a major IBM site), it can be recommended for business travellers, but those wishing to enjoy a 'Yorkshire experience' should look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your comments about our Hotel. I must admit I was surprised to hear you describe us as a 'Soulless Corporate Box'. We are very proud of the service that all our guests receive whether they are visiting us for corporate or leisure purposes and we are so fortunate to receive such wonderful feedback from so many people who visit us for many different reason. We are in Leeds and I am extremely confident that the vast majority of people visiting our hotel most definitely enjoy a Yorkshire experience. I would be really keen to discuss further with you exactly what you felt was lacking from your stay with us, and please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel at any time.
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here on sat 24th May for one night, and chose to go for the Girls night out package for our group of 4. We were not disappointed. The room was a good size with mini fridge with bottles of water and milk provided, sofa and even a comfy reclining chair. The spa was great with pool, steam room and jacuzzi. The package included an evening meal in the restaurant which also included cocktails to share with your party and half of bottle of wine. We opted for a jug of cosmopolitan and half a bottle of rose each. We were also given a £35 meal allowance which was very generous and we didn't go over this. We ordered a 3 course meal each, the steak was superb and we even asked for icecream to be delivered to our room. We were also assigned our own waiters which made the service really good. We also were given a list of unlimited rom com dvds to watch so picked a selection from this - even though there was no way we could have watched all of them. In the morning we also had breakfast included in the package, and they had a large selection of cereals, cooked breakfasts and drinks. The package was well worth the money, and will save to come back another time.

3 Thank Shirbrill
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay on our Girls Night Out, it has now become one of our most popular packages and its so encouraging to hear such fantastic feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park Hotel soon
Leeds
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January as part of a group of 12 for my friends hen party.. We opted for the "Girls night in" package.

The hotel looks great, really impressive and our room was a decent size with a small lounge area! The bathroom was fab, really modern!

The spa was ok.. It was a Saturday afternoon so it was busy, couldn't get in the sauna or jacuzzi and there were loads of kids splashing around in the pool.. Not very relaxing!! Can't fault the facilities though all clean and modern!
Had a treatment too which was awful but not the hotels fault!

Evening meal was amazing, we had a private area away from the restaurant which really made the evening.. Thanks to the event manager who arranged this for us! We had a set menu but there was loads to choose from. We also had wine and a cocktail as part of the package. After dinner we sat in the main bar which was nicely busy.. Drinks were about what you'd expect to pay in a nice hotel.

Had a peaceful nights sleep and breakfast the next morning was delicious.. LOTS to choose from and you could go up a couple of times.

Check out was smooth and we got a little beauty goody bag.. Would highly recommend for a girly weekend!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katesx
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your comments about your Girls Night In with us, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by my team. Our Girls packages are extremely popular and you should look at our Girls Night Out option for your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon, and hopefully you can bring to my attention the issue you had with your treatment
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend on the 16th May with friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. From the moment we checked in on the Fri to leaving on the Sun it was perfect. All the staff were so friendly it was refreshing. They were so polite, helpful, welcoming, I could go on....... I had the best birthday ever in one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The spa was wonderful and so were all the treatments, we will definitely be coming back. I would just like to say a massive thank you to Lee in reservations for arranging the accommodation, I know this was not easy as some rooms had to be booked last minute. Lee you were superb at organising us all. I would also like to thank Michael in the restaurant for doing a brilliant job during the meal, the food was wonderful. Counting the days to my next visit.

Room Tip: Room 232 was a lovely quiet suite
1 Thank Lowe2014
Thank you for comments, I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your 40th with us. I will certainly be passing on your comments to Lee and Michael, who has been with us since opening 12 years ago. All my team will be really encouraged to receive such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon.
Bingley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

our overnight stay including Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and full use of the spa facilities, from checking in to checking out we were treated incredibly well, the staff are friendly approachable and professional and they made our stay memorable. From the bedrooms to the spa, the facilities are above and beyond and the attention to detail is incredible. Swimming in the pool, relaxing in the garden in the sun, dancing to 80's music, eating a fabulous Chateaubriand meal to treatments in the spa, what a wonderful treat, not to be forgotten.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted you enjoyed it so much and were well looked after by my team. Please keep checking our website for some great entertainment night packages we have at Thorpe Park over the next few months
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had our Wedding at the hotel on Saturday 3rd May 2014……..all I can say is if you are thinking about this hotel for you wedding……stop thinking and get it booked NOW……
We booked our wedding at the Thorpe Park hotel and Spa, from the first visit it felt right, the team are ultra-professional very approachable and ensured that our day was the best ever…..From the receptionist to the housekeeping nothing was too much….

The wedding team on the day (Machala and Nicole) went out of their way to ensure that everything went to plan; they were at the Hotel early and stayed late.

Evening meal (night before), Canapés, Wedding Breakfast (lunch), evening buffet, breakfast…….Excellent quality…..Excellent quantity

Spa
My Wife Family and friends attended the Spa on the Friday for some pampering…..in my wife’s words…..it was the best spa she has been to…..think I will need to set up a standing order from now on LOL

Mr Gordon Jackson (Hotel GM) must have the best job ever in the hospitably business……with the team he has around him he must get fed up with people contacting him with compliments…..

Following our wedding the best thing we can advise future clients is ….We would not change one thing about our day experience at the Thorpe Park Hotel and Spa Colton Leeds….

Room Tip: Our party had the full complement of room with no complaints Suit Double Adjoining Family room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about your wedding day. It truly was a pleasure and all the team on the day commented what a fantastic day it was. Receiving such feedback really is the best part of my job and I am so lucky to have such a fantastic team, Michaela , Nicole and indeed all the staff will be so encouraged to hear such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon and I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your wedding with us
All the best for the future