“girls spa break”

Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester
“girls spa break”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked a Sunday night escape package for myself and a friend as a treat and it really was.
Hotel from the outside looks nothing special, maybe a bit corporate but inside the decor is lovely. we arrived early so our room wasnt ready,no problem our bags were held in the luggage room while we had lunch and a quick look around. Rooms were a good size with separate seating area .robe and slippers are provided to use in and around the hotel.
we had treatments booked in the spa in the afternoon and due to staff illness one of the times was changed. the staff could not aplogise enough and we were both given a bag of spa goodies as an apology - not really needed but a lovely gesture. we both had massages which were so relaxing, afterwards you can chill out with a juice/hot drink and take it easy in the Relaxation Room. we made use of the outside space to sunbathe as the weather was warm , plently of loungers and seating in a little garden area too.
Dinner in the evening was fab, i cant recommend the salt and pepper squid enough, along with the chocolate cheesecake and blood orange sorbet which i could have eaten all night, it was delicious.
Breakfast was of the same standard, plenty of choice of hot and cold dishes, well presented and cooked.
the hotel staff were great throughout our stay and i wouldnt hesitate in recommending coming here for a special occasion or if you just fancied a pamper. the spa package price was a bargain and if i could stay here every weekend i would.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marie68
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Sunday Escape Package, it really is excellent value and I will share your feedback with all my team.
I look forward to welcoming back to Thorpe Park soon
Regards
Gordon Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I use Thorpe Park for conference and training on a very regular basis and have done so for the last 12 years. It is without doubt the best hotel in Leeds for business travellers in my view. The conferencing facility is second to none and the conference café makes breaks a simple affair that allows a speaker to run over for a few minutes without worrying about lunch or drinks going cold.

The quality of food and beverage is excellent and my delegates love the extra goodies such as sweets in jars, healthy fruit and nuts, home made granola bars etc.

The bedrooms are always spotlessly clean in my very long and regular experience and are a credit to the dedicated housekeeping team there. The toiletries are Espa and all the rooms have a bath and separate shower which is excellent.

The gym, pool and health facilities are an additional bonus and the Espa spa is an extra special treat at the end of a long day.

The restaurant is really good and the choice of food means there is something for everyone. I organise a set menu with 4 choices of starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts for conferencing as I usually have around 20 to 25 people in at a time for evening dinner. A good quality and reasonably priced wine list is an added bonus.

Check in is always efficient and friendly as is check out. There is a good car park with easy access from the motorway.

I have also used the hotel for large private dinners with entertainment and it has always been a huge success with all the guests and events have ranged from 30 people to 150. The events and conferencing team have always ensured that whatever I have planned is delivered to the highest standard.

Which brings me to my last point which is that it is the people who make Thorpe Park extra special. Gordon Jackson, the General Manager has a marvellous team of people who really care about the customer experience and that comes from his own excellent leadership example. The team there really are genuinely outstanding and I can say that having experienced it consistently over 12 very happy years.

It is a superb venue for business, pleasure, family gatherings and absolutely perfect for the solo traveller.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but ask for a quiet room if there are events on and the staff will ensure you sta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for such a lovely post about our Hotel, I genuinely appreciate that you have chosen to share such wonderful feedback and all my team with be delighted and encouraged by it. I am extremely proud of Thorpe Park and the wonderful people that I get to work with every day.
Gordon
lancs u.k
Reviewed 29 June 2014

my daughter booked us in this hotel for the girls night out package to celebrate her 40th birthday and my youngest daughter;s graduation. what a bargain. free toiletries, maltesers popcorn dvds, use of spa cocktails before dinner wine with dinner, proper milk in the room and lots of choices of drinks. the service was excellent and the food was to die for, would highly recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again . the only downside was some guests returning to their rooms in the early hours and banging the doors

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rodafan
Thank you for your comments about your Girls Night Out stay with us, they are our most popular packages and its great to get such lovely feedback. I am delighted that you chose us to celebrate birthdays and graduations, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us when you next have cause to celebrate
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. Spa lovely and relaxing. Had a seafood platter in the spa restaurant which was presented brilliantly and tasted delicious. The only thing was that our key for the room was given to us when the room hadn't yet been cleaned which was around 1pm. Key shouldn't have been given if room wasn't clean. Had all the amenities in the room, even an iron, ironing board and hair dryer all of which we're useful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us and I glad that you enjoyed our facilities and dining with us. I must apologise for our error, we most certainly should not give you a key to a room that has not been fully cleaned and checked.
Hopefully we will see you back at the hotel soon
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend is a spa member and constantly complains to me and friends about how the spa and gym facilities have deteriorated. Being a Leeds Council gym member I suspected she may have been going over the top with her expectations. When she offered me a day pass I took her up on it and as such leave this review in support of her complaints.
I found the facilities to be dirty and a bit grubby, in total contrast to the bar/dining areas where I actually had a really nice lunch. The sink and showers were rank with mouldy grout and just looked like they needed a good, proper clean. The bin was also broken. The jacuzzi made me feel grubby as the slats around the edge were dirty and I was put off looking out a dirty window with green round the edges.
The gym was okay but on both the bike and cross trainer I went on the TV was broken and again it all looked tired - not like my council facilities which are fab!
I may have been looking out for stuff more because my friend had told me about it but put it this way, she's being ripped off knowing what I pay for my council gym and what she's paying.
She has a load of complaints but they are not for me to say as I've not experienced them myself but I see a bit where she is coming from. Not a 4 star spa in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments about our Spa. Its very disappointing to read that you found our facilities not to standard. We have over 1200 members here at Thorpe Park, and we are extremely proud of our facilities and the service we offer to all our guests not just in the Spa but in all areas of the hotel. I certainly don't believe that we rip any one off, I cant comment on the gym that you keep referring to, but the vast majority of all our members and guests regularly feed back to us how much they enjoy our Spa and all the facilities, I don't believe you mentioned of the issues you have commented on to any of the team on the day, so I would assume the intention was to always use this platform to feed them back to us. I will take all your comments on board, as we do with all feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your lunch.
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business this week. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel felt modern and was very clean. Particularly liked the internal atrium outside the bar and dining room.

Room was quite large, with bathroom that had both bath and separate shower. Room also had a sitting area, even though it wasn't a suite.

Excellent spa and large indoor pool.

Dining options were a little limited, but I found good things from the menu that were well cooked, innovative and good portion size. Wine choice was good, with a reasonable selection by the glass. Breakfast choice could be improved with a greater range of fresh fruit and pastries. Self service for the cooked breakfast would have speeded up service.

Location is very good being just off J46 of the M1 and rooms facing the motorway were not too noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top (4th) floor are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you were impressed with our Hotel and Spa facilities. I will discuss your comments, regards breakfast offering with our Head Chef. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park in the near future
South Wales
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here for one night due to having a meeting in the area. The hotel is beautiful, smells gorgeous and everything is well appointed which made it very welcoming for guests. Unfortunately the room was quite dusty and there wasn't any milk or water in the fridge, a call to reception sorted out the water and milk and i had a clean up which only took a minute but was disappointing nevertheless. The bed was very comfortable and the duvet and pillows were heaven!
Breakfast was lovely, plenty of choice, staff friendly and helpful. I also made use of the spa the morning i checked out, this was very clean and i enjoyed a swim and a relax on the sunbeds outside in the patio area.
I travel to Leeds quite often and this is the first time at this hotel, i would definitely stay here again but would hope that rooms would be serviced to a higher standard.

1 Thank Cinderella2006
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us, and I am pleased that your were impressed with our Hotel. I am grateful for your feedback and I appreciate to bringing to our attention the housekeeping issues you experienced and please accept my apologies. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon